WOWWW so many late mornings because of the dismiss button but no more I don't care about snoozing 10 times as I put my alarm 1h prior to my wake up but with no dismiss button the alarm is now officially LEGENDARY!! Thanks all!!!
    10-15-13 04:08 PM
    or maybe add a recurring appt in the calander & set the reminder accordingly...
    Why would he need to do that it's more intuitive to go to your alarm app and set the alarms there, if u accidently hit dismiss don't worry another alarm will still set off.

Where do you think ppl go when they want to set an alarm? In the alarm app or in the calender?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:11 PM
    While using the phone without bedside mode, you need to click on the Dismiss button when the alarm pops up. However, in bedside mode you just need to tap the screen to make the phone snooze.

I missed my last three alarms like this, actually though they never went off. Turning off an alarm needs to be much harder than that as most of sleep right next to our phones. Tapping the phone while half asleep is really really easy.

Is there any way to change this behavior? Bedside mode is one of those cool little features I discovered after switching to BlackBerry. It's not a feature that will make you buy a phone, but it's definitely a feature that will make you love it more once you actually buy it.

PS: I'm running one of the latest 10.2.0 leaks.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    Yes...put your phone farther away...

Trusted Member Genius
    10-15-13 07:23 PM
    Yes...put your phone farther away...

Trusted Member Genius
    The power outlet is right next to me. Also, there are no more places I can place the phone on (it's a small room).

Up until a few months ago I would keep the phone (charging) in another room, but now we have a cat and if I want to get any sleep - gotta keep that door closed.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-16-13 02:29 AM
    I think we just need an APP like this!
    Dismissing the alarm in Bedside mode-img_13803512.pngy

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice and axe50 like this.
    10-16-13 04:58 AM
    I discovered that the volume button can be used for snooze. Best part about that is that I am now able to find it with my eyes closed, took my brain a week to memorize

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 05:32 AM
    OP, you might want to consider one of Sonic Boom alarm clock instead. Once it got off, you will never even want to set it up again (you will get up before the alarm go off - trust me).
    Sonic Boom SBB500ss Sonic Bomb Loud Plus Vibrating Alarm Clock:Amazon:Health & Personal Care
    (Put the vibrator under you pillow if the sound is not enough to get you jump out of the bed. :-)
    10-16-13 06:05 AM
    Just use my method... heavy metal track and max volume. Not so easy to go back to sleep after your ears have been disturbed by Disturbed.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. Geek Phreek's Geek Shack • Not nerds, definintely not nerdy!
    haha, got you beat. Scotland the Brave, bagpipes, max volume. I love the pipes, but it will sure as heck get you up!
    10-16-13 06:08 AM
    I think we just need an APP like this!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_13803512.png 
Views:	663 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	211007y

Posted via CB10
    haha That would be super easy to make actually. You could do in app purchases to buy "bundles" of snoozes.
    10-16-13 06:09 AM
    haha That would be super easy to make actually. You could do in app purchases to buy "bundles" of snoozes.
    I know right... it is actually a pretty good idea!!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:40 AM
    The option to dismiss the alarm while during bedside mode is to wipe up from the bottom.
    Last edited by kendrick272; 01-06-14 at 10:28 PM.
    arvedui89 likes this.
    01-06-14 10:15 PM
    I have a similar problem that the ON OFF is too easy to hit.
    Last night I had my phone on my bed (where charge port is) on the other side of bed (i generally only use one side) this morning I woke up before my alarm was set to go off, to find my alarm had turned off AGAIN.
    Is there away to have a second step which confirms you want to turn off alarm like the OS7?
    I really like the bedside mode and it seems silly to have a second app for alarm.
    05-29-14 09:18 AM
    You can dismiss the snooze in bedside mode by tapping the bottom bar and then the option to dismiss is there.

Posted Via CB10 on my STL100-3/10.2.1.1925/1926
    05-29-14 09:30 AM
    The option to dismiss the alarm while during bedside mode is to wipe up from the bottom.
    Honestly, I had registered just to thank you. I tried to tap, click or press anything but never thought about wiping up.
    08-31-15 12:42 AM
    Honestly, I had registered just to thank you. I tried to tap, click or press anything but never thought about wiping up.
    No problem
    09-27-15 10:47 PM
40 12