While using the phone without bedside mode, you need to click on the Dismiss button when the alarm pops up. However, in bedside mode you just need to tap the screen to make the phone snooze.

I missed my last three alarms like this, actually though they never went off. Turning off an alarm needs to be much harder than that as most of sleep right next to our phones. Tapping the phone while half asleep is really really easy.

Is there any way to change this behavior? Bedside mode is one of those cool little features I discovered after switching to BlackBerry. It's not a feature that will make you buy a phone, but it's definitely a feature that will make you love it more once you actually buy it.

PS: I'm running one of the latest 10.2.0 leaks.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-15-13 03:59 AM
    Sorry - I'm not sure I get your point? Are you saying that your alarm didn't go off in bedside mode, or that, after you'd 'snoozed', it didn't go off again, or something else?
    10-15-13 05:34 AM
    I'm saying that it was too easy to hit snooze. When the alarm goes off you can snooze it by just tapping the screen. It's too easy to dismiss it...

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-15-13 08:08 AM
    OK. When my Z10 is in bedside mode (every night), ANYWHERE on the screen is 'snooze', when the alarm goes off and turns white. The option to snooze again comes up time and time again, until you pull the bedside mode up, so not sure where the issue is?

If the stock alarm doesn't do it for you, there are plenty of options, both paid & free, in BB World.
    10-15-13 09:30 AM
    I'm hitting snooze/dismiss too easily. I don't want the ability to turn off the alarm by tapping anywhere (hitting any key also turns it off).

I'm over sleeping alarms because I'm unconsciously hitting the dismiss button.

Do third-party alarm apps also come with their own Bedside modes?

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-15-13 09:39 AM
    Maybe we're not on the same page here, but what I'm saying is that in bedside mode, the option to 'Dismiss' isn't actually there. When you hit the screen (when the alarm sounds, the clock appears on the white screen) it sends the phone back to snooze for as long as snooze is set to. To actually cancel the alarm I have to pull the bedside mode screen up, other wise each tap just snoozes the alarm for 5 minutes.

Maybe it's me, and I'm missing something obvious, but it's not let me down 5 days a week since February.

I don't think apps in BB World have their own bedside mode, no. In fact, I think if you put the phone into bedside mode, most 3rd party alarms won't work.
    10-15-13 10:00 AM
    Just set your snooze at 1 minute and you will have to tap it every minute. That will get you up. It would drive me insane.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-15-13 10:05 AM
    Just set your snooze at 1 minute and you will have to tap it every minute. That will get you up. It would drive me insane.

Posted via CB10
    Put your phone in a place in your room that you need to walk to. This way you'll need to get outta bed!
    10-15-13 10:10 AM
    Yeah, moving the phone was my only solution. I hear ya though, the alarm goes off and in my sleep I slap my hand onto it and snooze. I've slept through a solid half hour of alarms doing this.

What he's saying is the snooze button shouldn't be the whole white screen, it should be a small button similar to when it goes off outside of bedside mode, so that it takes some amount of brain power to silence it.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:41 AM
    Riiight. Think I'm with you now. Still, if you you lot can't get ya bums outta bed when the alarm goes off 6 times every time you snooze it, I'm not blaming BB for it!
    10-15-13 10:55 AM
    put the phone farther away to snooze it
    10-15-13 10:59 AM
    I actually almost wanted to "complain" about this before! Lol it is too way too easy to shut it off sometimes! Lazy me...

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 11:00 AM
    What he's saying is the snooze button shouldn't be the whole white screen, it should be a small button similar to when it goes off outside of bedside mode, so that it takes some amount of brain power to silence it.
    thank you! Thought I was the only one with the "problem" (it really is stupid).

Decided not to use bedside mode. No bedside = no problems.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-15-13 11:16 AM
    Just use my method... heavy metal track and max volume. Not so easy to go back to sleep after your ears have been disturbed by Disturbed.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. http://geekphreek.com
    10-15-13 12:06 PM
    opposite problem for me

I would like to dismiss it when in bedsiade mode but do not have that option.

Alarm goes off. I toucht he screen , I get up, take it out of bedside mode ... and 5 min later I get the alarm again

So I am with OP ... I want to window with the options

alternately , I think if I chose to take it out of snooze then I don't want the alarm anymore either !!!!
    10-15-13 12:36 PM
    I am not allowed to do that, my wife would kill me.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-15-13 01:18 PM
    With 10.2 you could set multiple alarms so even if u accidently hit dismiss the next alarm with set off

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-15-13 01:42 PM
    I sympathize with the OP...maybe you're just reaching for it or something, you tap the screen by accident, and boom, you've snoozed it.

MY complaint is that there's no good way to reset it for the next morning...you have to turn alarm off and back on. Inelegant.
    10-15-13 01:52 PM
    if you have a playbook & charging dock, set it for 3 mins AFTER the alarm on your phone is set for,,, & like mentioned above, put the pb on a dresser that you can't reach,,, it'll continue to run the alarm until you use the remote function to turn it off,,, works for me...
    10-15-13 02:37 PM
    With 10.2 you could set multiple alarms so even if u accidently hit dismiss the next alarm with set off

Posted via CB10
    or maybe add a recurring appt in the calander & set the reminder accordingly...
    10-15-13 02:38 PM
    opposite problem for me

I would like to dismiss it when in bedsiade mode but do not have that option.

Alarm goes off. I toucht he screen , I get up, take it out of bedside mode ... and 5 min later I get the alarm again

So I am with OP ... I want to window with the options

alternately , I think if I chose to take it out of snooze then I don't want the alarm anymore either !!!!
    Set the snooze to none. Then the alarm will not go off again.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 02:51 PM
    yah, big help, except I like the snooze, I'm a 2-3 snooze person in the am
    10-15-13 03:13 PM
    Did I read this right, no dismiss button on screen when in bedside mode is that it???

Posted from my Q10 with 1GB of RAM running 10.2.1.476
    10-15-13 03:25 PM
    Yep

IIRC is bedside mode on my wife
    s Bold she gets the window with the choices you get in BB10 only after leaving bedside mode ... it's NOT a feature, it's just another thing the old system did better that they shopud've carried over. Carry over all OS behaviours that worked well and add the new smooth effciaicnt BB10 features. SHould nopt have lost any good previos behaviours.

Why does a Q10 user loose Bold keyboard shortcuts!!!!
    Why did I loose the free Podcast player?
    Why do most apps not switch to landscape is the Z10. They did on my Torch FFS
    10-15-13 03:34 PM
    Did I read this right, no dismiss button on screen when in bedside mode is that it???
    Yup, that's right. I feel like you can turn off the alarm just by looking at it with a sad and sleepy face.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-15-13 03:39 PM
40 12