Ok, so we ALL want BB10 now! There is no getting rid of the "I want the latest and greatest gadget now!" feeling most of us have, but I just wanted to share my new-found perspective.

As I transitioned from a standard primitive phone into SmartPhones, I've been on BB since 2007 going from Curve 8320 -> Bold 9700 -> PlayBook -> Bold 9900

Every time I upgrade is because my current device starts slowing down, hour glassing, and running out of memory on me (usually after 2 years of treacherous usage). Being on the 9900/PlayBook combo right now I truly feel at Bliss and all my needs are truly met from all angles. The argument that Apple or Android may be more advanced is irrelevant to me because those platforms still don't meet my needs despite being "so far ahead" of RIM.

My point of the post is that:
    I'm happy that my device meets all my needs and will remain relevant for a while (within the RIM world). I hate the feeling of a device being outdated a few months after purchasing it. This funny YouTube video can explain what I mean!

RIM just released the PlayBook in April and BB OS7 devices in August, so it doesn't seem outlandish for RIM to release the next Biggest and Greatest phone a year after the release of current latest models (i.e. OS7).
    12-19-11 10:27 AM
    The question is, will people who don't love RIM and are either thinking of getting something new or getting their first smartphone be willing to wait a full year?

Because, in the US at least, the sell of OS7 is currently on a decline while the sells of their competitors are currently rising. RIM is losing market share in the US and in Canada and that's what has investors worried.

War Is All We Know
    12-19-11 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD