On BBOS 7, there was a unique icon for every profile. However, on BB10, there's no difference between Silent and Vibrate. I.e. the Vibrate profile's icon is the same as the Silent profile's icon. (You know, the bell with a diagonal line going through it).

My question is, is it in any way possible to have a unique icon for the different profiles?

Kinda annoying when I quickly glance at my phone and don't know whether it's on silent or vibrate. (Have to pull down Quick Settings to find out).
    12-18-18 09:05 PM
    If you use only two different profiles regularly, you could customize the normal and silent profiles to how you need them to work. No other way that I know.
    12-18-18 09:30 PM
    If you use only two different profiles regularly, you could customize the normal and silent profiles to how you need them to work. No other way that I know.
    Thanks. True, that's one method. But like you said, it only works if one only uses 2 profiles. But more than 2 is useless, as all the other icons are the same.

Whilst it's obviously not a deal breaker, don't understand why BB would omit such a basic feature. It's not even a feature really, it's just common sense. If you're gonna have icons for profiles, then why make them all the same?

Yet another simple good thing they "forgot" about BBOS7...
    Last edited by bb_geezer; 12-19-18 at 08:17 AM.
    hazmaju likes this.
    12-19-18 07:58 AM
    Sure, but it's kind of pointless to criticize them now that the ship has pretty much sunk.
    12-19-18 03:09 PM
    Not an icon but try the Change Profile app: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60004491

Posted via CB10
    12-19-18 04:29 PM