Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Ever since upgrading to 10.1 I've noticed a slight annoying difference in when comes to the lock screen on my Z10. One quick note, I have a device password set on my device.

On 10.0, whenever my phone would lock itself and I would swipe up, if I kept my thumb on the screen I would be shown the lock screen with any notifications I have waiting for me. At this point, I can either swipe down quickly to turn off the screen or flick up to show the password screen.

On 10.1, if I were to swipe up but keep my thumb on the screen, the phone automatically loads the password screen and I don't get a chance to see what notifications I have waiting for me.

I found the behaviour in 10.0 much better since I could quickly check whether I have an email, sms, facebook message etc. waiting for me and then I can decide whether I should bother unlocking my phone to check it. I also find it faster to do the swiping action, than to fumble around to press the power button to check the lock screen.

Has anyone else noticed this change? And if so, is it even possible to go back to the 10.0 behaviour?

Thanks
    Last edited by Snake785; 05-23-13 at 03:45 PM.
    05-23-13 03:27 PM
    totally agree with you I am hating 10.1 lock screen 10.0 has nice lock screen which shows my notifications and that effect when you are swiping up its so messed up in 10.1 sometimes it comes most of the time its not there!!
    05-26-13 08:20 AM
    I also noticed this - you have to swipe reallllyyyy slowly up by like 1 or 2 CM otherwise it will immediately go to password input screen.

This does sound (and look) more like a bug than a feature though so I would hope to see the old behaviour in an OS update!

Exactly what version are you running btw? I have a Q10 on 10.1.0.273
    05-26-13 08:22 AM
    Ever since upgrading to 10.1 I've noticed a slight annoying difference in when comes to the lock screen on my Z10. One quick note, I have a device password set on my device.

On 10.0, whenever my phone would lock itself and I would swipe up, if I kept my thumb on the screen I would be shown the lock screen with any notifications I have waiting for me. At this point, I can either swipe down quickly to turn off the screen or flick up to show the password screen.

On 10.1, if I were to swipe up but keep my thumb on the screen, the phone automatically loads the password screen and I don't get a chance to see what notifications I have waiting for me.

I found the behaviour in 10.0 much better since I could quickly check whether I have an email, sms, facebook message etc. waiting for me and then I can decide whether I should bother unlocking my phone to check it. I also find it faster to do the swiping action, than to fumble around to press the power button to check the lock screen.

Has anyone else noticed this change? And if so, is it even possible to go back to the 10.0 behaviour?

Thanks
    But mine shows the number of emails texts etc on the lock screen. Thus no need to swipe up to see them.
    I like this better.
    Running 2009 here.

Tim

Posted using a Z10
    05-26-13 08:58 AM
    No problem for me and I have a password set but the trick is I have a delay set to an hour until my z10 password locks my phone.

Your problem seems to lay with your lock screen settings.

So this behaviour your experiencing I don't see it in my device also I found 10.0 animations to be very laggy IMHO especially screen rotation, everything seems snappier in the 10.1 update

- THE ZEDTROSPEKTIV
    05-26-13 11:33 AM
    I don't like this new feature too... hope they change it back to the way it was before.
    05-26-13 12:42 PM
    No problem for me and I have a password set but the trick is I have a delay set to an hour until my z10 password locks my phone.

Your problem seems to lay with your lock screen settings.

So this behaviour your experiencing I don't see it in my device also I found 10.0 animations to be very laggy IMHO especially screen rotation, everything seems snappier in the 10.1 update

- THE ZEDTROSPEKTIV
    The issue at hand would be happening after the device fully locks - so on your device, after you leave the device for an hour.

If you were to wake it up again by swiping, that's where on 10.1, it would immediately go to the password screen instead of showing the lock screen with your notifications. On 10.0, it would behave the same as it does before the device becomes locked; it would show the lock screen when you begin to swipe and would only show the password screen when you complete the swipe upwards. I hope that clears things up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this and hope it does get resolved in the next update.

Btw, I'm running OS 10.1.0.1720, software version 10.1.0.273.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:19 PM
    How are you getting the lock to kick in after one hour?

On 10.1, the longest interval is 30 minutes. I was sure that I had 1hour in 10.0.
    This is a minor annoyance for me and I would prefer to have a one hour choice.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:55 AM