I have the feeling they are just not going to push the update. BlackBerry gave it to them surely, why can't they instantly push it like last time? 'waiting' for other sounds like bull****.

Scroll up in the thread and read about, for example, how almost all of the Canadian carriers that originally released the MR update have now rescinded it.

Honestly at this point I think it might be better to wait a bit. If you're a little more adventuresome (and have some good backups) there are other alternatives:

1. Temporarily install a SIM card from another carrier that has already released the update for your version of hardware. The phone will think it's on their network and offer an over-the-air update.
    2. Install one of the various leaked OS versions that have been made available.

Re: item #2, here is the latest example:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-840861/
    08-20-13 03:44 PM
    Scroll up in the thread and read about, for example, how almost all of the Canadian carriers that originally released the MR update have now rescinded it.

Honestly at this point I think it might be better to wait a bit. If you're a little more adventuresome (and have some good backups) there are other alternatives:

1. Temporarily install a SIM card from another carrier that has already released the update for your version of hardware. The phone will think it's on their network and offer an over-the-air update.
    2. Install one of the various leaked OS versions that have been made available.

Re: item #2, here is the latest example:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-840861/
    I think I'll just go for the 10.2 leak, then.. I'm just not happy about having to download all the apps again, and probably have to reorganise my phone again. And if it doesn't accept my back up restore, (I read that it does give some problems sometimes) I'm going to cry. My phone is my agenda, my organiser, everything. That's why I really wanted to update through my carrier. But I'm first going to try your option #1 that you mentioned, thanks!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-21-13 08:21 AM
    Still no update in India. Anyone knows when it should be out?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 01:24 AM
    I think I'll just go for the 10.2 leak, then.. I'm just not happy about having to download all the apps again, and probably have to reorganise my phone again. And if it doesn't accept my back up restore, (I read that it does give some problems sometimes) I'm going to cry. My phone is my agenda, my organiser, everything. That's why I really wanted to update through my carrier. But I'm first going to try your option #1 that you mentioned, thanks!

See bolded text.

Honestly, in your shoes, given those comments, I would stick to 10.1 for now.

And I STRONGLY suggest, in addition to at least one full backup using BlackBerry Link, installing a 3rd-party SMS backup tool and doing a backup of your SMS messages (then copying that backup file somewhere not on the device before attempting an update), unless you don't mind losing all of them in the upgrade.
    08-22-13 02:00 AM
    See bolded text.

Honestly, in your shoes, given those comments, I would stick to 10.1 for now.

And I STRONGLY suggest, in addition to at least one full backup using BlackBerry Link, installing a 3rd-party SMS backup tool and doing a backup of your SMS messages (then copying that backup file somewhere not on the device before attempting an update), unless you don't mind losing all of them in the upgrade.
    I hardly have any text messages at all, it's mostly my contacts and agenda, and some things in Remember. I really cannot afford to lose those. Email just requires a setup so that won't be a problem. I'm very curious to 10.2 but haven't got the time to try anything yet. I'm not sure either, but I lost the hope of my carrier pushing the MR update.

08-22-13 03:07 AM
    I hardly have any text messages at all, it's mostly my contacts and agenda, and some things in Remember. I really cannot afford to lose those. Email just requires a setup so that won't be a problem. I'm very curious to 10.2 but haven't got the time to try anything yet. I'm not sure either, but I lost the hope of my carrier pushing the MR update.

Prior to attempting a major OS update on my "daily driver" phone, in addition to doing 1 or 2 full BlackBerry Link backups (which you can also use the 3rd-party tool Sachesi to do, which I'm becoming rather enamored of), I also make a copy of the entire SD card on the device, the user-accessible data partition (ie the stuff that gets mapped to a drive letter on a Windows machine when you connect the device on a machine that has BlackBerry Link installed), a 3rd-party backup of the SMS data (using SMS Backup by Epic Windmill), and a 3rd-party backup of the contact database. (using Contact X by Viet Hop software)

I make sure the 3rd-party backups are replicated off the device, and then and only then do I attempt an update.

If your calendar data is particularly important, there are 3rd party apps to backup that too, or you can use the BlackBerry Link feature to sync it with Outlook, or if you have your calendar synced with an online service like Google or Outlook.com, that in effect is a simple form of backup. From what I've been told, Remember can be backed-up to Evernote, though I don't use Evernote so I haven't tried that.
    08-22-13 03:30 AM
    Prior to attempting a major OS update on my "daily driver" phone, in addition to doing 1 or 2 full BlackBerry Link backups (which you can also use the 3rd-party tool Sachesi to do, which I'm becoming rather enamored of), I also make a copy of the entire SD card on the device, the user-accessible data partition (ie the stuff that gets mapped to a drive letter on a Windows machine when you connect the device on a machine that has BlackBerry Link installed), a 3rd-party backup of the SMS data (using SMS Backup by Epic Windmill), and a 3rd-party backup of the contact database. (using Contact X by Viet Hop software)

I make sure the 3rd-party backups are replicated off the device, and then and only then do I attempt an update.

If your calendar data is particularly important, there are 3rd party apps to backup that too, or you can use the BlackBerry Link feature to sync it with Outlook, or if you have your calendar synced with an online service like Google or Outlook.com, that in effect is a simple form of backup. From what I've been told, Remember can be backed-up to Evernote, though I don't use Evernote so I haven't tried that.
    Thanks for the info. I miss BlackBerry Protect so much right now! Using that with legacy OS, you always knew it made an everyday back up and could restore it anytime without having problems, ever.

I'll look into syncing my calender with Google as I have Gmail, and probably will purchase Contact X. I was planning to just take out my SD card when installing the leak, isn't that much easier than copying all the data? I have my phone data encrypted but not my SD card.

08-22-13 04:58 AM
    Update ver: 10.1.0.4181 OS 10.1.0.4633 available for maxis malaysia.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    It would appear (at least via Sachesi) that 10.1.0.4181 is now available for most of the world!
    08-22-13 08:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    How about Celcom?
    08-22-13 12:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hope that's true. Will be getting an update from my Q10 on Maxis friends in a bit.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:22 PM
    I have not received the update OTA so I plugged my phone into blackberry link (updated to 1.1.1.41) and lo and behold! Its there :-)

Backup everything first!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 06:59 PM
    [QUOTE=Nigelbrown;8910052]Just got an OTA notification on Rogers for10.1.0.418.

I am running .2342

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE

I just loaded the most recent update and it totally fubar'd my phone!!! No more network!! No more hub!!!
    08-22-13 09:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bro OTA talak...need plug in BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 11:19 PM
    I'll look into syncing my calender with Google as I have Gmail, and probably will purchase Contact X. I was planning to just take out my SD card when installing the leak, isn't that much easier than copying all the data? I have my phone data encrypted but not my SD card.
    Certainly taking out the card is one way to do it, depends on what is being saved on the card - some apps might get confused or crash if they save/load from there by default and then don't see the destination any more.

If you're positive the card is not encrypted that's good - on an OTA update that shouldn't be an issue but best practices for loading an OS (ie leak) with an autoloader includes at least one complete wipe of the device. That also removes any encryption keys and would render an encrypted SD card unreadable.

Lucky for me I don't have a giant collection of music / photos / video on the SD card, so it's pretty easy to backup.
    08-23-13 12:50 AM
    [QUOTE=Louise Vrebosch;9053937]
    Just got an OTA notification on Rogers for10.1.0.418.

I am running .2342

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE

I just loaded the most recent update and it totally fubar'd my phone!!! No more network!! No more hub!!!

I assume you mean 10.1.0.4181.

Interestingly, I thought Rogers had rescinded that update. A lot of Canadian carriers did.

The hub often won't load or will take a very long time to load if there is no Internet connection - those two things are probably related.

Also, sometimes the update procedure will put the device in airplane mode to prevent problems caused by receiving messages in the middle of the update - please check to see that that is disabled and the wireless network is enabled.
    08-23-13 12:56 AM
    [QUOTE=Omnitech;9054737]
    I assume you mean 10.1.0.4181.
    Interestingly, I thought Rogers had rescinded that update. A lot of Canadian carriers did.
    They did, however it appears to have been re-released (as well as for Bell, TELUS, Fido, and Koodo).
    08-23-13 01:04 AM
    Airtel India nthn yet :P

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 09:27 AM
    Finally Wind Mobile Canada has it

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:01 AM
    Anyone from Singapore have this yet? I'm on Singtel and nothing still.
    08-23-13 09:13 PM
    10.1 for India airtel out now. Updated. No issues so far

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 05:24 AM
    Got the update last night. Lost all my texts when phone rebooted. As well as losing all texts, the update is very buggy. Keep losing internet and phone connections, Messages not being sent or received. My advice would be do not download this update until it is sorted.
    Last edited by peacebelfast; 08-25-13 at 05:35 AM.
    08-24-13 05:58 AM
    I have tle latest 4181 in Lithuanian Omnitel

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 06:12 AM
    10.1 MR india- Airtel update live- size, 147mb, reboot issues, none so far. Improvements noticed:
    1. Battery significantly robust.
    2. Phone app- now shows numbers also
    3. Redesigned text message view, round button showing unread message.
    4. Next message guesture- doesn't work properly though.
    5. Search added in remember.
    6. New tutorials icon- useless.
    7.camera geotag- not sure if it was there earlier.
    8. Simple password- awesome job

Overall, performance feels better.
    Expecting -
    1. Memory usage is a mess. More precise info needed as to where the hell is memory going.. my memory shows 9gb of other data, only god knows where it is?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 07:47 AM
    Anyone from Singapore have this yet? I'm on Singtel and nothing still.
    Nothing on StarHub yet. I think this update wont be released like others say. They may directly push 10.2. The waiting game begins.
    08-24-13 11:59 AM
739 ... 2425262728 ...