Nothing on Telkomsel - Indonesia yet...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 04:48 AM
    Nothing on idea India yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 05:24 AM
    10.1 MR india- Airtel update live- size, 147mb, reboot issues, none so far. Improvements noticed: [snip]
    Expecting -
    1. Memory usage is a mess. More precise info needed as to where the hell is memory going.. my memory shows 9gb of other data, only god knows where it is?

Thanks for the report.

What you are referring-to in regards to "other data" is not memory (RAM) usage, it is storage usage.

Typically that is data stored on the device by apps, some apps store a lot of data on the device and sometimes leave it behind after you uninstall them. (Typical culprits: highly graphical games, offline mapping apps)
    08-25-13 01:39 PM
    Still no update in Malaysia(Celcom).
    08-25-13 02:09 PM
    Thanks for the report.

What you are referring-to in regards to "other data" is not memory (RAM) usage, it is storage usage.

Typically that is data stored on the device by apps, some apps store a lot of data on the device and sometimes leave it behind after you uninstall them. (Typical culprits: highly graphical games, offline mapping apps)
    I wish somebody would make an app to get rid of this leftover data clutter, or integrate it into the OS. This should be standard to have an app that let's you see what is hogging the limited storage on the device and give you the choice to purge that if you decide to do so.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 02:19 PM
    I wish somebody would make an app to get rid of this leftover data clutter, or integrate it into the OS. This should be standard to have an app that let's you see what is hogging the limited storage on the device and give you the choice to purge that if you decide to do so.

It's been discussed at length:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-space-792787/
    08-25-13 04:37 PM
    Whoever posted that maxis malaysia has already released it is complete BS

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 08:13 PM
    Waiting on Verizon testing update OS MR sometime in 2020...... lol

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 08:15 PM
    Just received an update push from Claro PR it was of 2 MB due to I got the MR update when it was pushed originally and before it was withdraw by the carrier.
    Did you get the MR update? Wondering if it'll come to your Country? Post Here!-img_00000333.png
    Did you get the MR update? Wondering if it'll come to your Country? Post Here!-img_00000334.png

Posted from the best mobile device Z10
    08-25-13 10:29 PM
    For those in malaysia. Maxis and digi has an update for us I'm sure celcom has it too.

Did you get the MR update? Wondering if it'll come to your Country? Post Here!-img_00000400.png

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 09:34 AM
    Waiting on Verizon testing update OS MR sometime in 2020...... lol

Since Verizon just released an MR update for the Q10, I wouldn't be so sure about that.
    08-26-13 09:39 AM
    For those in malaysia. Maxis and digi has an update for us I'm sure celcom has it too.

If you care about preserving your text messages, please BACK THEM UP with a 3rd-party tool like SMS Backup (from Epic Windmill) BEFORE you install the update, and make sure you either set it to backup to the SD card, or copy the backup file to your computer before doing the update.

You will thank me later.
    08-26-13 09:41 AM
    If you care about preserving your text messages, please BACK THEM UP with a 3rd-party tool like SMS Backup (from Epic Windmill) BEFORE you install the update, and make sure you either set it to backup to the SD card, or copy the backup file to your computer before doing the update.

You will thank me later.
    Will do thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 09:49 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000400.png 
Views:	720 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	195880

Posted via CB10
    I keep trying tapped the 'Check for updates' pad but got the same results as shown in the pics I attached. What happen? I'm on Celcom Malaysia.

Attachment 195894
    Attached Thumbnails Did you get the MR update? Wondering if it'll come to your Country? Post Here!-img_00000014.png  
    08-26-13 09:57 AM
    I keep trying tapped the 'Check for updates' pad but got the same results as shown in the pics I attached. What happen? I'm on Celcom Malaysia.

If you get the "update server is temporarily unavailable" notice, that often precedes the software release, in my experience.

You can also try updating via BlackBerry Link - oftentimes it will show as available there before it shows up as an OTA update on the device.

And once again, people: please BACK UP your device BEFORE you do this, using BlackBerry Link. And if you care about keeping your SMS messages, please use a 3rd party tool (such as SMS Backup from Epic Windmill) to BACK UP your SMS messages BEFORE you do the update as well. And make sure you either save the backup to the SD card, or copy it off the device before you do the update, in case the device gets wiped for some reason during or after the update.

You will thank me later.
    anon(5930933) likes this.
    08-26-13 10:06 AM
    Just got it on maxis after plug in BlackBerry Link

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 10:06 AM

Attachment 195894
    Bro my good friend is using a z10 on celcom. He received the update. Try restarting your phone

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 10:21 AM
    Bro my good friend is using a z10 on celcom. He received the update. Try restarting your phone

Posted via CB10
    After restarting, I got it now. Thanks!
    08-26-13 12:24 PM
    And the good news is I took the risk not to do any backups before updated it and I hadn't lost anything. Gyeah!
    08-26-13 01:55 PM
    And the good news is I took the risk not to do any backups before updated it and I hadn't lost anything. Gyeah!

It's great you have your data, but I hope people don't follow in your footsteps in that regard, to be honest.
    08-26-13 02:33 PM
    Received the update OTA for KPN in Holland last friday.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 03:52 PM
    Man i lost my texts =( even a back up didnt restore it. I did the update the same way with a friends phone and his was fine!
    08-26-13 04:03 PM
    BIG DISCONNECT BETWEEN VERIZON & BlackBerry WHEN IT COMES TO OS UPDATES BACK N FORTH WHO's right WHO's WRONG!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:43 PM
    Man i lost my texts =( even a back up didnt restore it. I did the update the same way with a friends phone and his was fine!

This is precisely why I keep telling people to use a 3rd party SMS backup tool. The problem with this update is that the native BlackBerry backups in many cases will NOT restore the messages because there is an issue with the database migration logic in the update process.

Yes, SOME people update without any data/text loss. That doesn't mean you or anyone else will necessarily have the same experience. In particular, people with tons of SMS stored on the device seem to have the most problems.

(Edit: If it's any consolation, some people have reported that in some cases their texts "reappeared" later. And someone posted that the newest 10.1 leak worked better to restore texts that were backed-up with BlackBerry Link prior to the update.)
    08-26-13 05:48 PM
    I did the same! coz I don't border as I have no important sms, is fine if even all are gone. My everything else is all in the cloud (google apps, toshl, 1password, photo and video always uploaded to box, dropbox etc) so I just press install and everything went smoothly. I do HOPE there will be a toggle for dark mode for calendar in 10.2, the white is just too bright!

Anyway for those with important data (Esp SMS), do backup before install!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 07:12 PM
739 ... 2526272829 ...