Videotron received today from Qubec canada

Posted via CB10
    Evidently, only Videotron and MTS have 10.1.0.4xxx available, the other carriers in Canada have pulled it.

Their version is newer than what the bigger carriers had, anyway.
    08-14-13 10:25 PM
    Should have actually checked with Maxis sooner but I just Tweeted them and the reply was that they are not rolling out the update. All for the better I guess since some people are experiencing issues with text messaging. Also a search on Sachesi only revealed the first update (.273) and nothing else. Here's to waiting for the official 10.2 release. *fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    10.2? Tough luck mate...10.2 isn't going to come down so soon IMO.
    08-14-13 10:34 PM
    10.2? Tough luck mate...10.2 isn't going to come down so soon IMO.
    That I'm aware of. So let's see what the telcos here will do when the update goes live (year end right?).

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:58 PM
    That I'm aware of. So let's see what the telcos here will do when the update goes live (year end right?).

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully a rock solid build by year end yeah. I think sooner than year end, have 10.2 on my Z10 and it's looking release worthy, just needs a bug fix build and it should be good. Telcos in Indonesia are hopeless so I'll stick with leaks and sachesi lol
    08-15-13 04:04 AM
    According to Sachesi, Rogers, Bell and Telus are back on 10.1.0.1720, .2050 and .1720, respectively.

It appears they hit Ctrl+Z on the whole 10.1 MR business.

Wow, that sure has turned into a debacle. When I saw all the people who lost tons of SMS's during the update, I sorta felt that freight-train coming.

Couple days ago I noticed the bad news had hit Wall St - some securities analyst wrote an article that mentioned the negative reception to a recent OS update, I assume he was referring to the 10.1 MR.

People are constantly griping about how long Verizon takes to release updates (ie the fact that VZW just released their first 10.1.0.2xxx update, while other carriers were busily releasing generic builds of the MR) - this is the kind of scenario that suggests that people should come to realize that VZW's "nannying" of software updates often helps keep their customers out of trouble that they could never imagine could ever afflict them.
    08-15-13 06:42 AM
    Glad to see so many Malaysian here

Mine on Maxis also nothing, maybe after this raya week when the telco staffs all back to work next week. Btw, may I know why the updates need to go through telcos first before release, why is it not like iOS or Android updates?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:49 AM
    Glad to see so many Malaysian here

Mine on Maxis also nothing, maybe after this raya week when the telco staffs all back to work next week. Btw, may I know why the updates need to go through telcos first before release, why is it not like iOS or Android updates?

Posted via CB10
    Correction, An Android update goes to a MANUFACTURER before either going to a CARRIER or to the device straight. So Android don't get updates straight from Google. Often times, manufacturers are the one holding up an update from Google because they need to skin it and put bloatware on it.

As for why BlackBerry sends the OS to the carrier first before the phone, I don't understand the just of it either. They are a manufacturer of their own like Apple, they build their own OS like Apple, but why? Well maybe because BlackBerry needs to be good friends with carrier to get BlackBerry 10 going (which, we all know is going slowly). Then again, there isn't any bloatware on BBX. So MAYBE, just MAYBE, someone got hit in the head with an anvil in BlackBerry and decided giving carriers the updating powers.
    08-15-13 07:02 AM
    Did Maxis, DiGi and Celcom will push the MR updates simultaneously in Malaysia? And why they didn't push it yet? Are they stopped rolling the updates in order to fix the missing texts and mails problem?
    08-15-13 08:09 AM
    Correction, An Android update goes to a MANUFACTURER before either going to a CARRIER or to the device straight. So Android don't get updates straight from Google. Often times, manufacturers are the one holding up an update from Google because they need to skin it and put bloatware on it.

As for why BlackBerry sends the OS to the carrier first before the phone, I don't understand the just of it either. They are a manufacturer of their own like Apple, they build their own OS like Apple, but why? Well maybe because BlackBerry needs to be good friends with carrier to get BlackBerry 10 going (which, we all know is going slowly). Then again, there isn't any bloatware on BBX. So MAYBE, just MAYBE, someone got hit in the head with an anvil in BlackBerry and decided giving carriers the updating powers.
    Of course I know Android going to HTC, Samsung or Sony first, I waited bloody 7 months for my Xperia Z to update from 4.1 to 4.2! My question is why do BlackBerry have to go through telcos first for software update before releasing to us?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:41 AM
    No update yet in Malaysia. Anyone know when?
    08-15-13 09:44 AM
    No update yet in Malaysia. Anyone know when?
    Rumoured by end of this month.

I want my extended battery life.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 10:31 AM
    Rumoured by end of this month.

I want my extended battery life.

Posted via CB10
    For all carriers?
    08-15-13 10:35 AM
    For all carriers?
    What I heard was for Maxis. If not ill borrow someone's sim.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 10:55 AM
    What I heard was for Maxis. If not ill borrow someone's sim.

Posted via CB10
    Is the exchanging sim method gonna work?
    08-15-13 11:11 AM
    Of course I know Android going to HTC, Samsung or Sony first, I waited bloody 7 months for my Xperia Z to update from 4.1 to 4.2! My question is why do BlackBerry have to go through telcos first for software update before releasing to us?

Posted via CB10
    Simple, if BlackBerry don't make the carriers happy it ruins the relationship and they won't sell the phones. They don't have to sell BlackBerry, they have to sell Apple, so Apple use that to their advantage and do what they like.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 11:39 AM
    Simple, if BlackBerry don't make the carriers happy it ruins the relationship and they won't sell the phones. They don't have to sell BlackBerry, they have to sell Apple, so Apple use that to their advantage and do what they like.

Posted via CB10
    So are you saying the carriers will be happy when they can control when to release the updates to their customers even though the updates are ready? Happy in what way and for what, the power to delay release of update to their customers??

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 11:53 AM
    Czech Republic O2 and still didn't get it :/

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 02:27 PM
    So are you saying the carriers will be happy when they can control when to release the updates to their customers even though the updates are ready? Happy in what way and for what, the power to delay release of update to their customers??

Posted via CB10
    The carriers want to test the updates first in case of bugs, as if something goes wrong, they are the point of contact for customers.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 08:12 PM
    Is the exchanging sim method gonna work?

Generally it does, if the carrier that the temporary SIM is from supports the specific variant of device you have. (ie STL100-1, STL100-2, SQN...)

However bear in mind that if you're worried about losing data such as contacts or SMS, I strongly suggest using 3rd-party tools to make backups before you try updating (in addition to BlackBerry Link backups), in case the BlackBerry Link backup/restore doesn't restore all your data.

For SMS I use SMS Backup from Epic Windmill, for Contacts I use Contact X from Viet Hop software.

Make sure to use those apps to backup to your removable memory card, and preferably then copy those backup files to your computer or somewhere else to be safest. (In case the on-device storage gets wiped)
    barbas79 and anon(5930933) like this.
    08-18-13 05:48 AM
    Still nothing from MTN South Africa.
    08-19-13 05:03 AM
    O2 UK (MCC/MNC 234/10) is rolling out software release 10.1.0.4200 (OS version 10.1.0.4780).
    08-19-13 09:31 AM
    Still nothing from Tele2 in The Netherlands. I asked for a reason on their forums. Their answer was that it depends on 'external parties', that they're waiting for it.

There's no such thing, right?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-19-13 01:19 PM
    Still nothing from Tele2 in The Netherlands. I asked for a reason on their forums. Their answer was that it depends on 'external parties', that they're waiting for it.

There's no such thing, right?

Perhaps a figure of speech that might have been alluding to BlackBerry?

Either that or the classic finger-pointing that seems to always happen in this business.

There could be a benefit in waiting, if you get a newer release. There are some terrible issues with certain database changes that can result in data loss during the upgrade. (Typically with SMS messages) It's possible they are working on addressing that, especially given the fact that we keep seeing newer leaked versions in the 10.1.0.4xxx series.
    08-20-13 08:31 AM
    Still nothing for India

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:41 AM
    Perhaps a figure of speech that might have been alluding to BlackBerry?

Either that or the classic finger-pointing that seems to always happen in this business.

There could be a benefit in waiting, if you get a newer release. There are some terrible issues with certain database changes that can result in data loss during the upgrade. (Typically with SMS messages) It's possible they are working on addressing that, especially given the fact that we keep seeing newer leaked versions in the 10.1.0.4xxx series.
    Well, even though it is a budget brand, it pushed the first update from 10.0 to 10.1 as one of the first providers. When Crackberry announced it, I already got it.

I have the feeling they are just not going to push the update. BlackBerry gave it to them surely, why can't they instantly push it like last time? 'waiting' for other sounds like bull****.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    08-20-13 01:34 PM
739 ... 2324252627 ...