South east asia where we at? Malaysia digi still nothing. I heard rumors it's coming by end of the week as in friday the 16th.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:03 PM
    South east asia where we at? Malaysia digi still nothing. I heard rumors it's coming by end of the week as in friday the 16th.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on Celcom and still got nothing also. Where'd you get the rumour?
    08-11-13 05:15 PM
    Some people lost all of their SMS messages after this update. If you have a lot of SMS on the device, and particularly if you didn't back them up with a 3rd party utility like SMS Backup, perhaps you should not yet be so eager about installing this update.
    08-11-13 05:59 PM
    You can also email yourself the sms threads you wanna keep...
    As I posted earlier in this thread, 10.2 is awesome, but make sure you back up everything...restore can get a bit tricky, and with BlackBerry Link you can't do partial ones.
    Mine worked out pretty good, lost some ring tones from general settings and got back some BBM chats I've deleted?!?!?!
    But that's all...I'm happy I did it.
    And one more thing...the best battery saving tip I've used so far is turning off the automatic time and date update feature. +20% battery life!!!!

...forever BlackBerry...
    08-11-13 08:00 PM
    I'm on Celcom and still got nothing also. Where'd you get the rumour?
    Heard it from a friend working in one of the telco's. They have been testing it for a while but got lazy nearing the holidays. Now they back on track. Best case by end of this week, otherwise by end of the month. But this person is in sales not technical so he's not 100% sure of the timeline.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 04:37 AM
    Heard it from a friend working in one of the telco's. They have been testing it for a while but got lazy nearing the holidays. Now they back on track. Best case by end of this week, otherwise by end of the month. But this person is in sales not technical so he's not 100% sure of the timeline.

Posted via CB10
    Or maybe the MR update has been stopped for a moment in order to fix the problems that causing the missing of messages and mails? Urm, someone in this forum told me that. But, I am not so sure bout it. Just hope we will get it sooner with no problems with it. That's what worth the wait is.
    08-12-13 05:43 AM
    Or maybe the MR update has been stopped for a moment in order to fix the problems that causing the missing of messages and mails? Urm, someone in this forum told me that. But, I am not so sure bout it. Just hope we will get it sooner with no problems with it. That's what worth the wait is.
    Have you tried plugging your phone into blackberry link in the last 2 days?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 06:13 AM
    Have you tried plugging your phone into blackberry link in the last 2 days?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I'll just check it thru phone settings. Perhaps later I will.
    08-12-13 06:18 AM
    Nope. I'll just check it thru phone settings. Perhaps later I will.
    BlackBerry link prompts me an update. The strange thing is its 10.1.0.2309 which I already have!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 06:24 AM
    It suppose to be 10.1.0.4+++... I think you get the same previous OS updates. Just ignore it.
    tmb2013 likes this.
    08-12-13 06:30 AM
    Hey Phil, if you bought it unlocked and as is not from a carrier, then you can get the update from your respective carriers. However, be aware that there are 4 variants to the Z10. The STL100-1,2,3,4. 1 is most commonly in Asia, 2,3 are LTE and 4 is CDMA if I'm correct, it works on Verizon. So if your carrier supports LTE, chances are your mates might be using 2 or 3. If you bought an STL100-1, unfortunately you'll have to seek other methods cause the update won't push to your device.

Do check what variant you have, and what variant E-Plus supports. Apologies for not being familiar with German carriers. If the variant supported matches yours, you'll get it soon, if not then you'll have to get it through other methods.

One of the more convenient one would be using sachup. All you have to do is plug in the details and get the update for your device. Another way, and less complicated, is find a carrier that supports the STL100-1(assuming you have a STL100-1 and your country mostly support 2 or 3) and slot in a pay as you go sim card. Chances are you'll have to seek other countries.

PM me if you're still stuck I'd be happy to help, or the forum mates will give as much help as possible.

Cheers,
    Aaron

Posted via CB10
    I'm using a Z10 (STL100-1) on the Maxis network in Malaysia, not on contract terms with them. So just to be sure, I won't get any of the updates, leaked or otherwise including the MR one unless I use sachesi? I received the first 10.1 (273) update just fine the moment I started using the phone on the day I bought it, so do help me understand what you meant by saying STL100-1 phones won't get pushed updates. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 12:24 AM
    Grumble grumble, Verizon, grumble grumble...

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 04:06 AM
    I'm using a Z10 (STL100-1) on the Maxis network in Malaysia, not on contract terms with them. So just to be sure, I won't get any of the updates, leaked or otherwise including the MR one unless I use sachesi? I received the first 10.1 (273) update just fine the moment I started using the phone on the day I bought it, so do help me understand what you meant by saying STL100-1 phones won't get pushed updates. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Right, above I was addressing to one in Germany, who would most likely has the STL100-2 or STL100-3 variant of the Z10. I am not 100% sure which variant you get if you buy it off Maxis with a contract, haven't been to Malaysia in ages. Basically, update pushes to the carrier, then on to us. If for example, they support the STL100-2 and STL100-3 variant because of Maxis 4G LTE, then it might be unlikely for them to push out an update for the STL100-1 UNLESS they support the variant along side the others.

Realistically, a carrier with LTE coverage will distribute a LTE capable variant. Find out whether or not Maxis supports the STL100-1. If they do, then you will just have to wait, or use sachesi. It's not harmful in any way really, even the leaks are all actually official OS, just not released. Do consider the 10.2 leak though xD
    deslyh likes this.
    08-14-13 08:46 AM
    Right, above I was addressing to one in Germany, who would most likely has the STL100-2 or STL100-3 variant of the Z10. I am not 100% sure which variant you get if you buy it off Maxis with a contract, haven't been to Malaysia in ages. Basically, update pushes to the carrier, then on to us. If for example, they support the STL100-2 and STL100-3 variant because of Maxis 4G LTE, then it might be unlikely for them to push out an update for the STL100-1 UNLESS they support the variant along side the others.

Realistically, a carrier with LTE coverage will distribute a LTE capable variant. Find out whether or not Maxis supports the STL100-1. If they do, then you will just have to wait, or use sachesi. It's not harmful in any way really, even the leaks are all actually official OS, just not released. Do consider the 10.2 leak though xD
    Well I didn't get the contract phone from Maxis, bought it from a store directly. When the Z10 was first launched here they did not have the LTE version, only the STL100-1 variant.

Thanks for your reply. Will try out Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:03 AM
    Not available in India on Airtel

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:26 AM
    Should have actually checked with Maxis sooner but I just Tweeted them and the reply was that they are not rolling out the update. All for the better I guess since some people are experiencing issues with text messaging. Also a search on Sachesi only revealed the first update (.273) and nothing else. Here's to waiting for the official 10.2 release. *fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:06 AM
    Should have actually checked with Maxis sooner but I just Tweeted them and the reply was that they are not rolling out the update. All for the better I guess since some people are experiencing issues with text messaging. Also a search on Sachesi only revealed the first update (.273) and nothing else. Here's to waiting for the official 10.2 release. *fingers crossed*

Posted via CB10
    My contact in Maxis said that they are testing 10.1MR right now! Tentative launch end of august. Not sure if the update rollout includes the 3G Z10 though.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:18 AM
    Installed it last night, it is smooth and i had no problems, everything works fine, havent lost any of my text messages

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 01:05 PM
    Is something up with Rogers? Have they pulled the update?

I downloaded the update to my Z10 when it was originally released. I subsequently bricked it and had to get a replacement. It arrived with version 10.1.0.273 installed, so I went to update it today - but now I get the message 'no updates available', OTA on the phone, via BB Link or via the blackberry update website.

Has anyone else updated their Rogers phone in the past day or two? Is it just my phone, or system wide?
    Last edited by asherwiin; 08-14-13 at 03:05 PM.
    08-14-13 01:57 PM
    How about if it has been removed from your country? I am facing that with telus in Canada. One of my users hadn't done her update and we tried to day and it was only up to 10.1.2018 or something like that!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 02:02 PM
    Is something up with Rogers? Have they pulled the update?

I downloaded the update to my Z10 when it was originally released. I subsequently bricked it and had to get a replacement. It arrived with version 10.1.0.273 installed, so I went to update it today - but now I get the message 'no updates available', OTA on the phone, via BB Link or via the blackberry update website.

Has anyone else updated their Rogers phone in the past day or two? Is it just my phone, or system wide?

I've read accounts from people in Canada recently that their carrier rep (I forgot if it was Telus or Rogers) was recommending that people not install the MR update because of high numbers of problems reported.

So maybe they did pull the update, at least temporarily.
    08-14-13 03:48 PM
    My contact in Maxis said that they are testing 10.1MR right now! Tentative launch end of august. Not sure if the update rollout includes the 3G Z10 though.

Posted via CB10
    Has Maxis started selling the LTE version? Haven't checked their latest handset offerings. Let's see what happens at the end of the month.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:13 PM
    I've read accounts from people in Canada recently that their carrier rep (I forgot if it was Telus or Rogers) was recommending that people not install the MR update because of high numbers of problems reported.

So maybe they did pull the update, at least temporarily.
    According to Sachesi, Rogers, Bell and Telus are back on 10.1.0.1720, .2050 and .1720, respectively.

It appears they hit Ctrl+Z on the whole 10.1 MR business.
    08-14-13 08:38 PM
    Errr... Had to downgrade from 10.2 because Hot Spot wasn't working and thought I'd re-install the MR release and couldn't update to it. Well, good to know the reason why, I guess. I tried .4687 first but Evernote/Remember refused to work and I needed it to.

Now I'm on .2354 as it is the oldest autoloader I had.

What to do... what to do...
    08-14-13 09:10 PM
    Videotron received today from Qubec canada

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:01 PM
739 ... 2223242526 ...