Honestly people are not the brightest and get to exited when they see an update. Plug your blackberry in, download it over wi-fi and LEAVE IT ALONE TO DO ITS THING!!!

Posted via CB Q-10
    07-31-13 09:36 AM
    I have used four BlackBerry phones, storm 1 to shine white Z10, my carrier MTN Nigeria have not released OS update to us.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:42 AM
    Everyone here running Z's? Any Q users get the update?

Posted via CB10
    i got it on my Q10 today on bell mobility
    07-31-13 09:43 AM
    If you like your black background calender (and I did) do NOT update.

How do you change the background back to black color (if possible)?
    07-31-13 09:43 AM
    With all the issues some are getting with this release, I'm in no hurry to get it.
    Really there are no issues, and the text messages missing is a 50-50% from what I saw.
    For me it was really worth it.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-31-13 09:45 AM
    Really there are no issues, and the text messages missing is a 50-50% from what I saw.
    For me it was really worth it.

No issues, really guy have you read the forums.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:48 AM
    I had zero issues with the upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:01 AM
    How do you downgrade the OS using the official channels (not leaked OS or from another carrier?)
    07-31-13 10:03 AM
    What exactly was 'improved' with the update anyway? Is there a list of changes?

The only thing I noticed is they changed the background to white which to me is actually worse off.

The functional stuff they didnt change. Like being able to delete past conversations in emails. Whats the point?
    07-31-13 10:06 AM
    Honestly people are not the brightest and get to exited when they see an update. Plug your blackberry in, download it over wi-fi and LEAVE IT ALONE TO DO ITS THING!!!

Posted via CB Q-10
    I think the problem with these updates lie with the update process.

When people see 100% they assume that it is 100% complete. When they see it at 100% for a long period of time, they assume the phone has frozen and that is when the frustration kicks in and battery pulls and phone corruptions etc take place.

This is *not* the user's fault. User's should not have to be aware of the way update processes work - the phone should them what to expect.

The piece of code that takes care of the update should be a lot more accurate as well as have clear text on the top of the BlackBerry loading logo that says something along the lines of "UPDATING - DO NOT UNPLUG OR TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE"

People are blaming the users way too much on these forums even though in my opinion, the user experience for the update process is not as good as it should be.
    07-31-13 10:11 AM
    This is nothing like apple, updates still go through the carriers which is why I'm still waiting and people in the US will have to wait even longer. With Apple everybody gets the update simultaneously.
    And with Apple your getting a patch a few dozen Mb maybe not a Gig

From the Zed of Rockivy
    07-31-13 10:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Believe me, i've read all 40 (tapatalk) pages.. like I said, I have no issues besides the fact that it deleted my text messages.
    it boots in like 7 minutes with everything working, so the fact that there are a lot of newbies or people who just hurry too much, doesn't make this update less cool. I was sceptical too at first, came from 2321 or something like that, so passed a lot of leaks.
    I understand your point of view anyway, there are chances from what I read, to get a long waiting time, but not necessarily.

07-31-13 10:19 AM
    With all the issues some are getting with this release, I'm in no hurry to get it.
    Update using the autoloader, backup your phone run the autoloader, restart the phone set it up basic, do a security wipe then restore the backup files and viola new OS, remember to be patient and after to wait a few days to let all the databases get cleaned up, you will see some battery consumption increases that will improve once everything is OK

Go on give it a try

From the Zed of Rockivy
    07-31-13 10:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    The people that have had no issues tend to be multiples fewer at reporting their happiness as compared to those with problems just something to remember

From the Zed of Rockivy
    07-31-13 10:22 AM
    Great battery life so far. Used 59% battery in 10 hours with fairly heavy usage, mainly on 4g partly on wifi. Great

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 10:26 AM
    I am located in Asia, more specifically Indonesia and I'm carrying the Z10 STL100-1 and for some reason I have yet to get the 10.1 MR pushed to my device. I need and am looking forward to it because I've been experiencing lag, stutters, battery problems and even a bad battery life on 10.1 compared to out of the box 10.0.

Is the update not available in Asia just yet? Or is it only certain countries in Asia first?

PS. I'm on the XL Axiata network.
    07-31-13 10:38 AM
    No Joy here either. Link keeps wanting me to install .1720 over and over again
    07-31-13 10:44 AM
    Its rolling out and hopefully you get it soon!
    07-31-13 10:46 AM
    I still don't see it.

Where is the update!!
    07-31-13 10:50 AM
    What exactly was 'improved' with the update anyway? Is there a list of changes?

The only thing I noticed is they changed the background to white which to me is actually worse off.

The functional stuff they didnt change. Like being able to delete past conversations in emails. Whats the point?
    What's new in BlackBerry 10.1 MR? | CrackBerry.com
    07-31-13 11:12 AM
    want it desperately! Live in South Africa

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:23 AM
    According to users feedback, this MR update has an SMS flaw.... There's nothing better than be the last to get the update... I guess that is one of the reasons why certain carriers haven't released it yet awaiting feedback and advise from the BlackBerry bureau...

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 11:30 AM
    Just asked my (dutch) provider Tele2 in their forum what is taking them so long to push the update. I read on here that several other dutch providers pushed it already...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    07-31-13 11:56 AM
    Turned up on O2 UK today
    07-31-13 11:59 AM
    For those in Manitoba who are on MTS have you gotten the 10.1 MR update yet..? I haven't and just want to make sure i'm not the only one.?
    07-31-13 12:43 PM
739 ... 1516171819 ...