I'm guessing I will not see anything? I'm on the 10.1 leak on Fido Z10 and it says I'm on the latest software update.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    restart your phone. Mine was saying the same thing until i restarted it.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    07-30-13 08:38 AM
    Sachup, here I come!!! Downloading xx of 138 files. That countdown is on!

Attachment 187398

Posted via CB10
    I am in the same boat as you. On Rogers but I'm not getting the update.

If I update via sachup, do I need to wipe my device first? The hassle of reloading all my apps and settings is what has kept me from trying out any leaks or hybrid OSes on my Z10.
    07-30-13 08:48 AM
    I'm waiting for this as I have an unlocked Q10.
    07-30-13 08:51 AM
    I am in the same boat as you. On Rogers but I'm not getting the update.

If I update via sachup, do I need to wipe my device first? The hassle of reloading all my apps and settings is what has kept me from trying out any leaks or hybrid OSes on my Z10.
    I did the Upgrade option of Sachup when downloading. Side loaded the bar files through Sachibar and I didn't lose a thing!

Posted via CB10
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    07-30-13 08:52 AM
    It I'd beyond me that VVM is not there anymore for you Rogers users. Have you contacted Rogers and asked them what's going on? This is clearly a network issue as I have it on my AT&T Z10 in the US with a Rogers OS release.
    Unless it has to do with having loaded leaks before that. I never had a leak loaded. I also never lost AC3 support on videos either.

Posted via CB10
    Nah it couldn't be because of a leaked OS, i installed this on my wife's Z10 and she was running on Rogers's last update. I haven't installed this update on mine just yet i'm running leaked .2354..

Maybe gotta contact Rogers then.
    07-30-13 08:59 AM
    Nah it couldn't be because of a leaked OS, i installed this on my wife's Z10 and she was running on Rogers's last update. I haven't installed this update on mine just yet i'm running leaked .2354..

Maybe gotta contact Rogers then.
    Or go try what the one previous poster said and go into setup and try to set it up again from there.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:02 AM
    Or go try what the one previous poster said and go into setup and try to set it up again from there.

Posted via CB10
    lol unfortunately there is no setup. or anyway to uninstall. If "bobshine" could send a screen shot that would help tremendously
    07-30-13 09:17 AM
    Did an OTA update this morning (Bell) and now all my text messages are gone.

Everything else seems fine (emails, whatsapp), just the text's are gone.

Any thoughts? Anyone?
    07-30-13 09:20 AM
    Here in The Netherlands , T Mobile 10.1.0.4181 148 MB.
    07-30-13 09:26 AM
    After hanging on the 100% screen for 7+ hours, and after three hard resents, I finally did a battery pull. Phone loaded up nicely. WTH?
    Better than me...a battery pull resulted in a flashing red light with nothing else. Had to nuke and start over. Didn't backup my SMS of course. Everything else is on the cloud, so that and game saves were the only things I lost
    07-30-13 09:26 AM
    No issues with the upgrade on Fido. Reboot took a little longer on the BlackBerry splash screen and was on 100% for about 5 minutes. No loss of text messages.

Nice to have Gmail using two factor authentication instead of application-specific passwords. The gestures to move to next and previous messages are nice, but the transition is not visually slick (not an issue for me, but some are gonna hate on this). No reboots yet, but I need a week to rule on that one.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-30-13 09:32 AM
    All of my album art shows up now!! Yeah. Just downloaded this morning, on Bell, 185 MB.
    07-30-13 09:37 AM
    Wonder why some people are losing their sms and others not. Did the carriers not do any testing and find a huge bug like this!!
    07-30-13 09:39 AM
    Wonder why some people are losing their sms and others not. Did the carriers not do any testing and find a huge bug like this!!
    It's probably not a carrier testing issue. They would likely test to make sure that the radio files play properly with their network, and maybe a bit of the software stuff, especially if they include bloatware.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-30-13 09:41 AM
    Ok so for the folks that lost there texts, i don't know why, but one thing that I do is keep very little "live" on my phone, emails, texts, whatsapp, all get moved off my phone emails get filed, texts get backed up and in use the built in export to email function for whatsapp.

I just find that the phone runs smother and updates like this go much better as well. For this update I was already on 4181 from a leak, except for the first update way back in March from the carrier I have always been updating using my PC and with leaks from the great folks here. So when I update I backup everything first load the new leak, setup the phone as a basic phone perform a security wipe then reload the backup file, the only issue u have ever had doing this with the various leaks is I had my battery due really fast on the 2354 one a backup and security wipe the restore and all was good.

Sorry to hear about the issues with the texts, hopefully me passing o this info will help a few either recover or use for future reference.

And remember the battery pull, might accidentally work and it must also brick your phone depending on when you do it, hate to see that happen!

As for the Hard reset that requires you hold the power button until the blue blackberry logo shows up not just the three second power off, it takes about 30 seconds to get there

From the Zed of Rockivy
    glennster28 likes this.
    07-30-13 09:52 AM
    Anyone managed to install this yet? I have tried OTA and through BlackBerry Link a few times but it keeps failing....

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:07 AM
    Probably from high traffic. Wait a few hrs.

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.810 using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-13 10:11 AM
    07-30-13 10:13 AM
    I'm on EE and had no issues updating to 10.1MR.

I did notice it updated in two batches though.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:13 AM
    lol unfortunately there is no setup. or anyway to uninstall. If "bobshine" could send a screen shot that would help tremendously
    Look at 2nd row all the way on the right:

Did you get the MR update? Wondering if it'll come to your Country? Post Here!-img_00000345.png
    Click on setup and this will come up:

Did you get the MR update? Wondering if it'll come to your Country? Post Here!-img_00000344.png

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:16 AM
    The simple password is a nice feature but they still failed at the implementation of it. There should be a way to skip "auto lock device after xx minutes" and instead opt for a manual "I'll lock it when I want to" option.
    There is a way to lock it. Hold the power button until you get the shutdown options. There is a lock option in the middle.
    07-30-13 11:06 AM
    You have to have your phone unlocked. Power down the device. Swap the SIM cards. Power up the device. Go to check for updates and vila, there it is. Let it download over Wifi or your carrier network. Size was 842MB. It takes a while, especially the reboot. Let it do it's thing, don't disconnect it. After install, let it sit there for another 15-30 minutes. Then power it down and swap the SIM back. Fire it up and wait until it's done powering up.
    Any IMAP email account needs to be password entered again.
    For VVM, call voice mail, hang up after you hear the chick talking. Wait for the prompt to enter your VVM password. Enter it and wait 10 seconds and go to your phone app and it should be there.
    For AT&T Address Book simply add it again in the accounts settings, then hit the sync now button. Give it some time and the contacts will load eventually. My local and Outlook cloud contacts were still there. All merged together automatically, even the SIM stored ones.
    I have tested anything I could think of for over an hour, and I could not find anything that doesn't work.
    The phone feels quicker, or that may be just my imagination.
    OS version and Boot Time shows, and I have now finally emergency alerts which can be turned of, except presidential alerts.
    The phone did stay hot for a while, but it eventually cooled down. No worries here.
    All side loads were still there and are all working. Everything is still there that was before, except the IMAP password, VVM setup and AT&T Address Book setup had to be re-intialized.
    Battery life - I will see tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!! Exactly what I needed to know!
    07-30-13 11:10 AM
    Look at 2nd row all the way on the right:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000345.png 
Views:	548 
Size:	431.5 KB 
ID:	187468
    Click on setup and this will come up:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000344.png 
Views:	548 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	187469

Posted via CB10
    That option doesn't show up users on Rogers

Did you get the MR update? Wondering if it'll come to your Country? Post Here!-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa likes this.
    07-30-13 11:14 AM
    For people wondering the update is also out for Fido. I'm really happy, hopefully it can fix a few issues I had with the initial 10.1 update.

Hmmm ... I'm on Fido and it doesn't seem to be available to me.

Been having some recent issues of the phone randomly re-booting itself that is driving me a little crazy. I was hoping an OS update would address this.
    07-30-13 11:21 AM
    Anyone on MTS see the MR yet?

Posted via CB10
    Bwaaaahaaahaaahaaa!
    Good luck with that...they'll be 2 months behind like everything else!
    07-30-13 11:27 AM
739 ... 89101112 ...