Does anyone know if they've cancelled the 10.3.1 release for countries that aren't part of the initial release announcement?

I have a Q10 that I purchased from shopblackberry a while back. I'm located in the US and haven't seen it on my notifications. I don't use it as my daily driver so there's no SIM card in it, and I only use it on WiFi.

I've tried several things like turning off the cellular radio, only running Wifi rebooting the device.

Posted via my Q10
    03-10-15 07:44 PM
    They canceled it across some carriers however, they have not explicitly stated it was canceled for ShopBlackBerry devices that I'm aware of. In fact, the knowledge base still says nothing but there's a good chance they just never updated it. In any case, if you're not getting it.. safe to assume it's also on hold for your device. If you REALLY want it, you can use an autoloader to load it or you can wait until the next build arrives officially. The issues with 10.3.1 are known to be rather large. - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-998926/
    03-10-15 07:53 PM
    I'm located in the US and haven't seen it on my notifications.
    I've tried several things like turning off the cellular radio, only running Wifi rebooting the device.
    You didn't explicitly state it, and it may do nothing, but..
    Have you tried manually checking for updates with -settings->software updates->check for updates?
    03-10-15 08:02 PM
    You didn't explicitly state it, and it may do nothing, but..
    Have you tried manually checking for updates with -settings->software updates->check for updates?
    Yup I actually made a habit of checking twice a day once in the morning and after work when I get home.

Posted via my Q10
    03-10-15 08:34 PM
    I don't use it as my daily driver so there's no SIM card in it, and I only use it on WiFi.
    I have a question: Why do people call a phone a driver? I drive my car, but I talk on my phone, and maybe do some emails, texts, and a few searches, but I certainly don't drive it. Have I missed something?
    03-11-15 02:09 AM
    I have a question: Why do people call a phone a driver? I drive my car, but I talk on my phone, and maybe do some emails, texts, and a few searches, but I certainly don't drive it. Have I missed something?
    You mean you don't drive your phone? :O You're missing a lot!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 02:15 AM
    I have another question: what now? If the update has been canceled (for some carriers or not) what happens now? I don't assume they will still deliver it unchanged to these carriers. But what then with those people who already have it (and all the issues)? Will they get a new update soon? Why don't they official communicate with their customers???

BTW: I would prefer to make much smaller official updates. Smaller update - smaller problems! These smaller updates would also shorten the waiting times and would improve the feeling of a living company working straightforward on the problems. The best would be periodic updates, quarterly or so, they should name them 2015A, B, C, D and what's not ready at this A deadline comes with the B update ... I just can't understand that they indeed sum up an entire GB over a year or so and then have major issues with that. This is amateurish.
    03-11-15 02:31 AM
    I'm not sure about other countries, but I spoke to BlackBerry directly yesterday and certainly here in the UK, they have pulled the 10.3 upgrade, but for Z30 phones only. A new version is due for release "early next week" to fix a few of the issues they've had. There is also going to be an updated version of 10.3 available by the end of the month for all the other BlackBerry 10 devices (carrier dependent).
    03-11-15 02:44 AM
    I have another question: what now? If the update has been canceled (for some carriers or not) what happens now? I don't assume they will still deliver it unchanged to these carriers. But what then with those people who already have it (and all the issues)? Will they get a new update soon? Why don't they official communicate with their customers???

BTW: I would prefer to make much smaller official updates. Smaller update - smaller problems! These smaller updates would also shorten the waiting times and would improve the feeling of a living company working straightforward on the problems. The best would be periodic updates, quarterly or so, they should name them 2015A, B, C, D and what's not ready at this A deadline comes with the B update ... I just can't understand that they indeed sum up an entire GB over a year or so and then have major issues with that. This is amateurish.
    they will have a new OS for everyone maybe in next month or so...

that idea is not possible to happen even if blackberry is willing to do so (and its expensive that way).
    for any phone maker, each OS/phone releasing to market requires to pass carrier's lab standard test.
    each carrier has different requirements, and thats why its usually carrier dependent. (that is also why you usually see the launch date for a phone will be different in different country/carrier).
    its a long test (can take up to few weeks or even months) and need to pass everything before carrier accepts it and released to their customers.
    however, even with all these standard tests, they might not able to catch those non 100% reproducible bugs or special pattern bugs
    Last edited by adcl; 03-11-15 at 03:00 AM.
    muellerto likes this.
    03-11-15 02:46 AM
    that idea is not possible to happen even if blackberry is willing to do so (and its expensive that way). for any phone maker, each OS/phone releasing to market requires to pass carrier's lab standard test. each carrier has different requirements, and thats why its usually carrier dependent.
    Yeah, but most of the issues are app related. A carrier shouldn't be affected if RIM makes bug fixes in the Calendar or the Contacts or the Assistent or even the Hub. Or if they could decide to reconsider the black on black GUI design in the settings and elsewhere. I guess they could resolve 75% of their issues without any carrier to be involved.
    03-11-15 06:32 AM
    They canceled it across some carriers however, they have not explicitly stated it was canceled for ShopBlackBerry devices that I'm aware of. In fact, the knowledge base still says nothing but there's a good chance they just never updated it. In any case, if you're not getting it.. safe to assume it's also on hold for your device. If you REALLY want it, you can use an autoloader to load it or you can wait until the next build arrives officially. The issues with 10.3.1 are known to be rather large. - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-998926/
    Jeez after checking your link I'm going to have to reschedule my day and do a little reading,haha!!
    03-11-15 06:38 AM
    I installed the 10.3 release on my Z10 2 wks ago (Bell Mobility). Working great, except for connection issues with BB Link. A Blackberry support person convinced me to downgrade to 10.2 because of battery and other issues encountered by some users. Fool that I am, I took his advice and went back to 10.2. Result - still have Link connection issues but have lost all new features in 10.3. The 10.3 release is no longer available for Bell Z10 users.
    03-11-15 07:59 AM
    Yeah, but most of the issues are app related. A carrier shouldn't be affected if RIM makes bug fixes in the Calendar or the Contacts or the Assistent or even the Hub. Or if they could decide to reconsider the black on black GUI design in the settings and elsewhere. I guess they could resolve 75% of their issues without any carrier to be involved.
    those stock apps are within OS, they have to get carriers' approval before push it to public
    if carriers don't approve, they cannot
    and generally, any OTA updates needs carrier approval
    unless its an app that can be updated from blackberry world
    03-11-15 04:55 PM