Any news about the app?
    None from me. On 1 July, I am going to ask him to please commit to the end of the month (31 July). If he says no to that, I am going to start to apply some pressure to either get it done or give some of the money back.

Just because he will get the app to us *eventually* doesn't mean he's upholding our end of the bargain. In hindsight, I should have gotten him to commit to a deadline before I sent him the money, but that doesn't mean he has infinite time. How long is unreasonable? I think we can all agree that 5 years is. And that 2 years is. And 1. But is 6 months? I think so. 4? Yeah, I'd agree. But 3? 2? He's really testing the limit here and I'm not appreciating it much.
    06-20-17 03:16 PM
    Sorry for the delayed update.

Here's where we're at: the dev has emailed me letting me know that he's been getting some not-so-kind emails from people about the status of the app. He has said that he is continuing working on it, but until he has finished he has sent back the 200 USD. On my end, I'm not touching it for two months, which I think is the absolute edge of reasonable as far as timeframe. At the end of August, if he hasn't completed *all* the agreed-upon fixes and features, I'm going to be getting in touch with donators to get them their money back.

If you donated, please reply to this thread and let me know how much.

There were also some reddit donators, so I'll be making a thread to find those as well.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. Whether or not we end up getting our super awesome Telegram client, I know this wasn't how we were all hoping the campaign to work out.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 11:09 PM
    I hope he can survive the criticism and just complete his work.

I stick to my Passport until it dies (and if it is, I'll probably buy another one subject they are still on the market). Currently using Social IM for Telegram by Craterzone but I'll be happy to see another good application. I could contribute a bit more, if necessary.
    07-10-17 01:24 AM
    Please update this telegram app. I love it

Posted via CB10
    08-08-17 04:22 AM
    Please update this telegram app. I love it

Posted via CB10
    There's still hope it will be!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-17 04:38 PM
    There's a native (?) telegram client by nemory now. Anyone tried it?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-17 03:26 AM
    Could it be that we've been scammed? Sure. But nothing thus far has lead me to believe this to be the case.

First off, he was initially only asking for half of the money up-front, the rest when the work was done. (My original plan was to do this because donations were coming in slowly, but once we got the huge final donation that made it to the 200 bucks, I sent it all in one go as a gesture of good faith.) If you're a scammer who gives your victims a reason to only give you half of what you could have gotten, you're a really, *really* ****ty scammer.

Also, about the fee idea. If BB10 was as alive as Android or iOS, absolutely, that makes sense. But there is ZERO way that someone who releases a BB10 app in May 2017 is going to make 200 bucks by selling it the old-fashioned way. The fundraiser was because it was the only practical option.

Lastly, he wasn't the one who came to us with the idea to fund the development of the app; it was myself/us that came to him.

I'm pretty confident we'll get our app, and that he might even commit to developing it further if anyone chooses it purchase it through the App World. We'll just have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    Still confident now?
    11-06-17 04:28 AM
    The Telegram by Nemory already on Blackberry World. Anyone tried it yet?
    11-06-17 05:24 AM
    The Telegram by Nemory already on Blackberry World. Anyone tried it yet?
    It's just a browser wrapper. I wouldn't pay 5¢ for that ****. To be honest it's kinda frustrating that he can even submit something so low-effort to the App World.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 05:43 PM
84 ... 234