I really need slack, and while android port is good no notifications. S10 doesn't support filed uploads which is huge bummer.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 04:06 PM
    If still more funds are needed I am up for the job. As a matter of fact I've been wondering if it is possible for the community to get together and crowd fund getting some apps upgrade and so on.

Posted via CB10
    That's a kind offer, but I think we're all set here. He wanted 200 USD for the job and that's what we gave him. I have to imagine 200 USD goes pretty far when converted to his currency.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 05:47 PM
    Me too

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 10:53 AM
    I hope he won't forget to add a dark mode
    05-13-17 09:14 PM
    I really need slack, and while android port is good no notifications. S10 doesn't support filed uploads which is huge bummer.

Posted via CB10
    S10 supports file upload.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-17 10:26 PM
    I hope he won't forget to add a dark mode
    I'd love it if he did! Nobody requested this before, so it's not part of the $200 deal I made with him. That said, email him! Maybe he'll be willing to include it as part of a future update. Can't hurt to ask.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 01:42 AM
    If anyone could tell me if it is just me or everyone that can not access "ü","ö" and "ä" and in general word predictions in this app?

If it is a general issue I would be quite happy to propose another funding to fix this, too

Sent from my Bold Q10
    05-14-17 08:06 AM
    Yeah, I've sent him an email weeks ago about dark mode. In using bomogram because of tha feature and it's super lightweight.
    05-14-17 10:55 AM
    If anyone could tell me if it is just me or everyone that can not access "ü","ö" and "ä" and in general word predictions in this app?

If it is a general issue I would be quite happy to propose another funding to fix this, too

Sent from my Bold Q10
    Correct, for some reason BB10 doesn't seem to 'know' that you're typing in the application. In fact, on the Passport, it's not even possible to capitalise letters! I'm not sure why; I've never seen this on any other app. It's very annoying, because even typing these last two sentences, almost half of my words have been autocorrected for minor mistakes, which doesn't occur in the app. This is another case where I'd say to email the dev and hope he devotes the time.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 11:27 PM
    I'm in!!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 11:42 PM
    Correct, for some reason BB10 doesn't seem to 'know' that you're typing in the application. In fact, on the Passport, it's not even possible to capitalise letters! I'm not sure why; I've never seen this on any other app. It's very annoying, because even typing these last two sentences, almost half of my words have been autocorrected for minor mistakes, which doesn't occur in the app. This is another case where I'd say to email the dev and hope he devotes the time.

Posted via CB10
    That's a good explanation, thank you! For the moment I'm using the Web interface as the app remains, as you state, with limited functionality.

Sent from my Bold Q10
    05-15-17 01:08 AM
    Any update? Seems no new release in AppWorkd yet. I'm glad to donate after all known issues have been fixed and available in App World.
    05-15-17 03:53 AM
    Any update? Seems no new release in AppWorkd yet. I'm glad to donate after all known issues have been fixed and available in App World.
    That's not donating. That's called purchasing.

Posted via CB10
    thejackson5 likes this.
    05-15-17 06:18 AM
    That's not donating. That's called purchasing.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my thoughts too.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-17 01:06 PM
    His app cant connect to hub for messaging, he can just update that
    It will be still low and lagging and never be smooth
    Install plus messnger its the best for bb10

I am thinking to make a native Telegram if be bb10 supports until spring
    And more
    Posted via CB11
    05-16-17 03:08 AM
    Hope you didn't get scamed guys.

Fingers crossed for you!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-17 03:21 AM
    Hope you didn't get scamed guys.

Fingers crossed for you!

Posted via CB10
    I think they did. This is not the way things usually get done. If he wanted to update his app he would have and could have charged a fee if it was any good

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 04:32 PM
    I think they did. This is not the way things usually get done. If he wanted to update his app he would have and could have charged a fee if it was any good

Posted via CB10
    Could it be that we've been scammed? Sure. But nothing thus far has lead me to believe this to be the case.

First off, he was initially only asking for half of the money up-front, the rest when the work was done. (My original plan was to do this because donations were coming in slowly, but once we got the huge final donation that made it to the 200 bucks, I sent it all in one go as a gesture of good faith.) If you're a scammer who gives your victims a reason to only give you half of what you could have gotten, you're a really, *really* ****ty scammer.

Also, about the fee idea. If BB10 was as alive as Android or iOS, absolutely, that makes sense. But there is ZERO way that someone who releases a BB10 app in May 2017 is going to make 200 bucks by selling it the old-fashioned way. The fundraiser was because it was the only practical option.

Lastly, he wasn't the one who came to us with the idea to fund the development of the app; it was myself/us that came to him.

I'm pretty confident we'll get our app, and that he might even commit to developing it further if anyone chooses it purchase it through the App World. We'll just have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 03:21 AM
    If he completes the app and put it on App World I'll be happy to buy it there.
    And should he needs more support, he could post his request here.
    05-29-17 03:50 AM
    The first post was on Mar 25, 2 months passed, is there any update?
    06-04-17 10:11 PM
    The first post was on Mar 25, 2 months passed, is there any update?
    Believe me, I am as inpatient as anyone else.

On the first of the month, I emailed the dev to ask him to commit to finish the work by the end of the month (30 June), which I thought to be more than generous. For some reason this app isn't letting me upload a screencap of his response ('Error communicating with CrackBerry servers' is what I'm getting), but he unfortunately said he can't commit to that. He said he has already fixed the bug where audio recorded skips every few seconds, but is having a very difficult time with Hub integration:

'd hud integration seem like its not that ez no wonder no one comes out d telegram hub integration' [sic]

…and I'm inclined to believe him. In 2015, Telegram held a contest in which 50.000 USD was divvied out to BB10 developers for the best Telegram apps. Not a single one included Hub integration. I'm lead to believe that this is, for whatever reason, a difficult task to do.

Do I think it should take another month to fix? No. I think that's not reasonable. But at this point, I'm thinking the best thing I can do for the people who've donated is to keep tabs on how the development is going, but not doing anything that might make the dev feel pressured. He has our money, after all.

Of course, everyone is free to email him themselves and say what you will. 2 months for a few features and bugfixes is a bit much and I can't say I'd blame you. Just crossing my fingers for the best here.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 10:35 PM
    Hopefully he adds a dark mode, I sent him an email asking for it if he can do it...
    06-06-17 01:56 AM
    He could just start pushing new updates whenever he fixes/implements something new?
    I have no reason to start pressuring him as I did not shell out any money for the app. But it would be fantastic if we could get a nice, complete native telegram client.
    06-06-17 04:13 AM
    For awhile I'm using bomogram, man this app is just 1.6 mb! It has dark mod and the voice messages work. It's very simple but it has worked for me. I doesn't have sticker support or any other fancy settings.
    hoppysfavorite likes this.
    06-06-17 10:13 AM
    Any news about the app?
    06-20-17 05:07 AM
84 1234