India has demonitized the larger currency notes and the government is pushing for digital payments & a less cash economy. Credit card penetration is really poor but there are many mobile wallets in operation. However it seems that none of these wallets have any hardware level security (according to Qualcomm - None of mobile payment apps in India fully secure: Qualcomm - The Economic Times)

Now is this not a wonderful opportunity for Blackberry to push their "secure android" and "hardware level secured BB 10 OS phones"? Many people might go for it - especially with the recent hacks of twitter / emails of prominent personalities by the This is Legion... (Moments after case filed over Rahul Gandhi's Twitter hacking, Congress account now hacked : India, News - India Today)

Does this make sense?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-14-16 01:19 AM
    Millions user use Android the most insecure mobile OS how may time we have news like Hay someone hacked my phone ?
    No one going to buy BB Android just because of so called security.
    Hacking is integral part of internet and it depends on may factors not only hardware.
    12-14-16 02:51 AM
    12-14-16 04:14 AM
    Great point Rahul...But I am not sure the actual board of BlackBerry is so smart to take advantage of the situation. Unfortunately!!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 10:13 AM
    Yeah, This is the right moment for BlackBerry to advertise in India about their hardware root of trust and create marketing campaigns. Unfortunately, we all know that would never ever happen!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 10:44 AM
    unless the banking industry is allow BB secured app (banks branded app)...
    12-14-16 12:45 PM
    That's a great thought and it will boost the sales of Blackberry if they utilise the opportunity but the sad part is they always lack the penetration tool i.e Marketing.

Everyone knows why BlackBerry failed to make profits except John Chen. They have no idea how to advertise their fantastic goods (not Android) ..

If they appoint Famous Film stars / Cricketers (at least in India) as their brand ambassadors they can hit big.. but they will never do that.

Hello Mr Chen ,we Indians love advertising as most of others do.

Long live BlackBerry..!!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 01:33 PM
    Well I guess hacking is not about mobile integration it's all able the apps we use.. the hacker are the ones who hack into a whole system like Paytm or freecharge or the UPI apps.... they don't mostly go for a specific person like the robberies... well if you say about Rahul Gandhi or Vijay Mallaya that's a twitter account a social media their mobile doesn't hold up any reason for them to be hacked.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and Invictus0 like this.
    12-14-16 02:23 PM
    Well I guess hacking is not about mobile integration it's all able the apps we use.. the hacker are the ones who hack into a whole system like Paytm or freecharge or the UPI apps.... they don't mostly go for a specific person like the robberies... well if you say about Rahul Gandhi or Vijay Mallaya that's a twitter account a social media their mobile doesn't hold up any reason for them to be hacked.
    I completely agree with you and was about to post something similar.

Another way to look at is this: if you run PayTM on a DTEK50 it is still not properly secure.

Now, what might be interesting is if BB were to work with PayTM to build a secure payment mechanism for everyone, similar to what Google and Apple did. Just making a few phones more secure doesn't solve anything.
    12-14-16 03:00 PM
    Everyone here is aware that BlackBerry is exiting the phone business at the end of next mont?
    12-14-16 07:33 PM
    Everyone here is aware that BlackBerry is exiting the phone business at the end of next mont?
    Well I am not!

I know that Blackberry MIGHT stop designing phones in-house and stop marketing/carrying inventory sometime in the future.

In fact Blackberry might be launching an in-house designed phone in the next 0-3 months, and might sell it for atleast a 3-6 months after that.

Moreover, the plan announced so far is to continue forever in the phone business, through licensing Blackberry secure software for Blackberry branded phones.

So, I will be very happy if you can enlighten me as to how Blackberry is exiting the phone business at the end of next month.
    12-14-16 09:35 PM
    Well I am not!

I know that Blackberry MIGHT stop designing phones in-house and stop marketing/carrying inventory sometime in the future.

In fact Blackberry might be launching an in-house designed phone in the next 0-3 months, and might sell it for atleast a 3-6 months after that.

Moreover, the plan announced so far is to continue forever in the phone business, through licensing Blackberry secure software for Blackberry branded phones.

So, I will be very happy if you can enlighten me as to how Blackberry is exiting the phone business at the end of next month.
    Easy, just read the statement that BlackBerry issued with TCL. BlackBerry will license some software to TCL. TCL will be FULLY Responsible to Design, Manufacture, Distribute, Sell and support BlackBerry phones. TCL will have exclusive rights to use the BlackBerry name in most regions of the world. A few countries like India and Indonesia will have other companies create phones. A company In Indonesia has already licensed the BlackBerry name, but has not committed to using the BlackBerry security pieces on their phones.

The BlackBerry announcement in September was very clear. After Jan. 2017 BlackBerry will no longer design, manufacture, sell or support new phones. Phones built after this time will be by licensees and sold and supported by a licensee. We now know for most of the world this will be TCL. The picture is pretty clear.
    12-16-16 12:50 AM
    Easy, just read the statement that BlackBerry issued with TCL. BlackBerry will license some software to TCL. TCL will be FULLY Responsible to Design, Manufacture, Distribute, Sell and support BlackBerry phones. TCL will have exclusive rights to use the BlackBerry name in most regions of the world. A few countries like India and Indonesia will have other companies create phones. A company In Indonesia has already licensed the BlackBerry name, but has not committed to using the BlackBerry security pieces on their phones.

The BlackBerry announcement in September was very clear. After Jan. 2017 BlackBerry will no longer design, manufacture, sell or support new phones. Phones built after this time will be by licensees and sold and supported by a licensee. We now know for most of the world this will be TCL. The picture is pretty clear.
    And how does any of these mean blackberry is exiting handset business? They are not interested in any increase in device sales or collecting license fees?

Update: To stay on topic, Blackberry has been attempting to be the SMART in the phone. Hence, I do not see any of the ideas mentioned in this thread above being not feasible for Blackberry to pursue, just because they are not designing phones, producing them, carrying inventory or marketing them. All they need is to keep developing the software medium to control payment features in the Blackberry android. ( I am NOT in any way saying they will do, but they can)
    Last edited by fanBBRY; 12-17-16 at 10:34 AM.
    12-17-16 03:26 AM
    And how does any of these mean blackberry is exiting handset business? They are not interested in any increase in device sales or collecting license fees?

Update: To stay on topic, Blackberry has been attempting to be the SMART in the phone. Hence, I do not see any of the ideas mentioned in this thread above being not feasible for Blackberry to pursue, just because they are not designing phones, producing them, carrying inventory or marketing them. All they need is to keep developing the software medium to control payment features in the Blackberry android. ( I am NOT in any way saying they will do, but they can)
    If you are good with this as staying in the smartphone business. Then you are good. Congrats. BlackBerry does not design, manufacturer, distribute, market, sell or support the phones but to you they are still in the business.

To me Blackberry is still in the smartphone business just like Philips is still in the TV business.
    fanBBRY likes this.
    12-17-16 10:22 PM
    Hi,
    As android app developer or rather all type of developer forget word 'Security' while delivering their app.
    If interested I try to write article as per my study/knowledge. Link as below:-
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/curse...mp-author-card

For read this article reader should have account in LinkedIn.
    I will be glad if some one read it & discuss about it or comment about it!
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mandar Khire; 12-18-16 at 03:37 AM.
    12-18-16 03:06 AM