I have a variety of rules setup within Gmail to label emails as they arrive. I've found with the Z10 that if I delete these from the device, they appear deleted from the device, but don't actually delete in Gmail. Any message which doesn't have a label associated with it appears to delete properly and is moved to the bin once the sync runs.

This was obviously not something I encountered with BB7.
    07-06-13 09:19 PM
    This is a gmail setting called 'expunge' vs 'archive' (which is set by default)... see the pic below to change it:

Deletion of Gmail emails with labels applied-gmailexpunge.jpg
    07-06-13 09:49 PM
    I had it set to auto expunge off and move to Bin. I don't seem to be able to set both auto expunge on and move to bin?
    07-06-13 11:24 PM
    I think you had it set right then. The issue is with the fact that it won't move it to the trash until it has been expunged from the 'last visible IMAP folder'.

So... the Z10 makes sub folders for Gmail labels (which you can view/expand by tapping the thick blue bar at the top of the Gmail section within the hub). Unless you also remove them from those sub folders... I don't think Gmail will move them to trash bc they are still visible.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 11:50 PM
    This is a gmail setting called 'expunge' vs 'archive' (which is set by default)... see the pic below to change it:

But even doing that, the mail won't delete.. it is only being "archived", or removed from the Inbox on Gmail ... you'll still find it under "All mail" ... at least that's how it is here....
    07-06-13 11:58 PM
    But even doing that, the mail won't delete.. it is only being "archived", or removed from the Inbox on Gmail ... you'll still find it under "All mail" ... at least that's how it is here....
    Yeah, you gotta change it from archive to immediately delete. But the issue is with labeled emails... you have to delete them from the Z10 'folders' too before Gmail deletes them.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 12:49 AM