Once an APK is installed, can the APK located in the Download Folder be deleted?
    04-26-16 06:30 AM
    Sure can. I delete them as soon as the app is installed

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 06:45 AM
    I keep all the apk's, in case I want to revert to an earlier version for some reason.
    brookie229 and PatrickMJS like this.
    04-26-16 09:41 AM
    Once an APK is installed, can the APK located in the Download Folder be deleted?
    Moderator ECM's advice is VERY important in my opinion, especially as these BB10 devices age and the android runtime gets seriously outdated (which it is getting more and more). You are going to find that deleting and updating is not necessarily a good thing. Fewer and fewer new apk's will work properly. I am not saying that the old apk's will be much better functionally, but it is nice to have something to try as a fallback. I have created a folder on my SD card entitled "APK Downloads", where I move those files from my device download to the SD card. This gives me an easy option to revert back to the older app. Just recently I used this to go back to an older version of the CNN app that works better still than my update.
    04-26-16 09:51 AM
    Moderator ECM's advice is VERY important in my opinion, especially as these BB10 devices age and the android runtime gets seriously outdated (which it is getting more and more). You are going to find that deleting and updating is not necessarily a good thing. Fewer and fewer new apk's will work properly. I am not saying that the old apk's will be much better functionally, but it is nice to have something to try as a fallback. I have created a folder on my SD card entitled "APK Downloads", where I move those files from my device download to the SD card. This gives me an easy option to revert back to the older app. Just recently I used this to go back to an older version of the CNN app that works better still than my update.
    I already did this but placed them on my laptop as well as a thumb drive.
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-26-16 10:24 AM
    Hmm, never thought of that... good point

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:34 PM
    I keep all the apk's, in case I want to revert to an earlier version for some reason.
    Plenty of sources to get the earlier version of any Android app. Why bother saving them on the phone

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    04-28-16 03:40 AM
    I already did this but placed them on my laptop as well as a thumb drive.
    I do the same thing. I copy the apks and the patched apks to my laptop. There might be a time an updated app won't work anymore on BB10 and I want quick access to a working version, no need to go searching for one when I have it handy.
    04-28-16 05:14 AM