Just for the heck of it, I did a search using my first name to see what would come up, and I found about 4 emails , that I had deleted quite some time ago.. They are not showing anywhere in the HUB or in my email accounts, but when I searched on my name, there are about 4 emails that are showing... And even when I try to delete the ones that are there, they wont delete. It gives me the option to delete them from the search query, but when I check again, they still show when I do a search on my name.
    Doesn't sound like a very good security measure when you delete something, but they are still showing up doing a search .
    03-20-15 10:32 AM
    I'm sure there's a logical reason. I'd contact BlackBerry directly and see what they have to say.
    03-20-15 10:42 AM
    Do me a favor, and anyone else here, just trying doing a search on your first name, and see what comes up in search results, and see if any emails shows that you may have deleted at one time ... I never would have known that if I hadn't of done a search on my name.
    03-20-15 11:51 AM
    Do me a favor, and anyone else here, just trying doing a search on your first name, and see what comes up in search results, and see if any emails shows that you may have deleted at one time ... I never would have known that if I hadn't of done a search on my name.
    I just did your test...you are correct! There is a caveat though. When I updated to 10.3 the Hub was set to "delete messages from hub AND server". I didn't want that so I changed it to "delete from hub only". When I now search my name I get the deleted messages from "delete from hub only " but the ones that were deleted while I was set to "delete from both" do not show.
    Obviously the search accesses my carrier's server, where they still reside.

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    03-20-15 01:28 PM
    The only ones that come up are ones that are in my sent folder which don't get deleted. Nothing that I've deleted show up. Maybe what you're seeing are your replies to emails.
    03-20-15 08:04 PM
    The only ones that come up are ones that are in my sent folder which don't get deleted. Nothing that I've deleted show up. Maybe what you're seeing are your replies to emails.
    Actually, I think you are correct. I reset the Hub and only see the stuff I replied to.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 09:59 PM
    Actually, I think you are correct. I reset the Hub and only see the stuff I replied to.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    No problem. Glad I could help a fellow BB-er.

If that's not a term, it is now.
    03-20-15 10:44 PM