I had an app (Towbook) downloaded from the Amazon App Store, it's a freebie. Months later I deleted the icon for it. Unfortunately, now I may have a need to get it back on the phone. When I go to Amazon, since I "already" have the app, it just prompts me to open it, instead of download it. It does show on "My Apps" tab. But I can't find a way to get the icon back on my home screen.

Help!

Thanks,
    Richard
    04-13-18 05:53 PM
    What's your OS version?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-18 06:52 AM
    I had an app (Towbook) downloaded from the Amazon App Store, it's a freebie. Months later I deleted the icon for it. Unfortunately, now I may have a need to get it back on the phone. When I go to Amazon, since I "already" have the app, it just prompts me to open it, instead of download it. It does show on "My Apps" tab. But I can't find a way to get the icon back on my home screen.

Help!

Thanks,
    Richard
    This may apply to you.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772

If so, install patch, and then reboot.
    04-14-18 08:49 AM
    What's your OS version?
    My mistake for leaving it out - 10.3.2.2876

This may apply to you.

Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2

If so, install patch, and then reboot.
    Thanks conite, at first I wondered how this would help me but now I understand the thinking. The icon was deleted but the app is still there, and the updated Android runtime should allow the app to delete, which will then leave me open to re-install the app.

However I just did the Android runtime update, rebooted using the volume keys, but still get the same result.

Richard
    04-14-18 11:42 AM
    My mistake for leaving it out - 10.3.2.2876

Thanks conite, at first I wondered how this would help me but now I understand the thinking. The icon was deleted but the app is still there, and the updated Android runtime should allow the app to delete, which will then leave me open to re-install the app.

However I just did the Android runtime update, rebooted using the volume keys, but still get the same result.

Richard
    But now you have to delete the app that is still sitting there. Delete from within the Amazon app.
    RichardHBB likes this.
    04-14-18 11:43 AM
    OK, I got you now. I didn't see an option in Amazon for deleting the app, but I did just try going to the My Apps tab and did a long press on that app and was prompted to uninstall. Once it completed I was then given the option to install it. Perfect, and thank you!

Richard
    04-14-18 11:47 AM
    Also a sidebar question, I guess I haven't read enough and am still a little confused over the answer to the "which OS version" question. Software release version is 10.3.2.2836, but under "About" "OS" I have OS version 10.3.2.2876. Which is the correct one to refer to?

Richard
    04-14-18 11:49 AM
    Also a sidebar question, I guess I haven't read enough and am still a little confused over the answer to the "which OS version" question. Software release version is 10.3.2.2836, but under "About" "OS" I have OS version 10.3.2.2876. Which is the correct one to refer to?

Richard
    We usually prefer using the OS version instead of the release version.
    04-14-18 11:51 AM