On my Z10 I have one yahoo one Gmail on apple and one work email and funny thing is if I open a mail from my desktop on my work email and then delete it from the device it still remains on the mailbox. All other mails on the above mentioned accounts will delete both places.

Wonder how this happens.

What are the workarounds to delete only on handheld for the other accounts.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:23 AM
    Somehow, if it was on the plate, I can't see how it would be anytime soon
    I trust my birdie
    10-27-13 11:09 AM
    That's because you can't with BB10. There are workarounds but people don't like change. This horse is dead but ppl want to keep beating it
    The workarounds are half-baked.

Sometimes I want to keep an email on my phone, most of the time I don't. On one of my accounts, a lot of the emails I get are thread reply notifications from the various forums I'm on. I'll typically want to see these on my phone, but delete them shortly thereafter and retain them on my PC.

I could auto-sort these on the server, but then I'd lose them from my Hub view unless I had the folder sync'd. If I sync the folder, then I'm once again back at square one with dozens, if not hundreds of messages in my Hub.

What I'm trying now is a pseudo-BIS setup. I'm logging into my Shaw webmail and forwarding a copy of my emails to a Hotmail alias account I created. That way I can delete messages "from my phone" and leave them there on the Shaw account for my PC to download later.
    10-27-13 01:51 PM
    This workaround isn't working either.

If I want to reply to a message that I've had forwarded to my Hotmail account, I can't reply from another account.

Damnit.
    10-28-13 12:50 AM
    I trust my birdie
    WTH does that mean? Do you know something or not? A few, I guess many pages now, back somebody posted that the feature was coming back but they too had no details. Without it when my 9930 dies I have zero reason to get another BB. The keyboard is great but the other feature of other platforms would make it a wash for me. Delete on Device was the tie breaker for me and remains the main reason I put up with all the other BS to stay with BB.
    10-28-13 07:07 AM
    This workaround isn't working either.

If I want to reply to a message that I've had forwarded to my Hotmail account, I can't reply from another account.

Damnit.
    Hang on.... they've added the ability to reply via a different account in 10.2!

Yippee!
    10-28-13 01:37 PM
    No.. wait.. hang on...

If I reply to messages that came in via Hotmail, then I can reply via any one of my Shaw accounts. But if a message came in via one of my Shaw accounts, then I can only reply via that account.

Strange.
    10-28-13 01:40 PM
    from 10.2.1.1055 leak

"Delete on Handheld" and "Delete in Mailbox"-img_20131471.png
    11-12-13 10:41 AM
    Wow, that would be great. Can't wait for 10.2.1
    11-12-13 11:13 AM
    Feature verified working on 10.2.1.1055.
    This thread is as good as done, done and done.

"Delete on Handheld" and "Delete in Mailbox"-img_00000029.png
    bobauckland and Omnitech like this.
    11-12-13 01:01 PM
    Excellent. Excellent, excellent!
    11-12-13 01:28 PM
    When will the new update be available?
    11-12-13 03:18 PM
    Dudes, I just bought a 9900 a month ago and carrying around a Z10 and 9900. I guess I can get ready to sell off the 9900 now. Thanks
    11-12-13 03:24 PM
    Super duper! This band call blocker are the two things I really need. I wonder if leave on server or delete on server option only works in pop or will it work in imap as well.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my GoogleBerry Cranial Implant
    11-12-13 05:20 PM
    So awesome, finally, my mobile inbox can go back to being it's uncluttered self.
    YAYYYYYYY
    11-12-13 05:29 PM
    I looked through that thread and did not see anybody confirming it worked. Did I miss it?

Feature verified working on 10.2.1.1055.
    This thread is as good as done, done and done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000029.png 
Views:	1968 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	219911
    11-12-13 06:20 PM
    So I assume they'll use some kind of marker to tell the device to simply not display a "deleted" email. Wonder what will happen if you remove the email profile and put it back or wipe the device and readd the account? My guess is you'll be re-"deleting" said emails.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    11-12-13 06:29 PM
    I looked through that thread and did not see anybody confirming it worked. Did I miss it?
    You missed it. I cannot find the post, nor do I want to trawl through the mudslinging in the thread for the sake of discovery. Suffice to say that the feature has not been flagged as non-working function by anyone.
    11-12-13 06:36 PM
    You missed it. However, I cannot find the post, nor do I want to trawl through the mudslinging in the thread for the sake of discovery. Suffice to say that the feature has not been flagged as non-working function by anyone. I tested Delete on > Handheld Only once again right now on Yahoo! IMAP. Works as expected, the Beta Zone Survey on the handheld was deleted, yet remained on the server Inbox.

Wonder what will happen if you remove the email profile and put it back or wipe the device and readd the account? My guess is you'll be re-"deleting" said emails.
    I deleted the Yahoo! account I was testing with above and added it after a soft reset. The Hub repopulated itself with the Beta Zone Survey email. Just as expected.
    11-12-13 06:49 PM
    You missed it. I cannot find the post, nor do I want to trawl through the mudslinging in the thread for the sake of discovery. Suffice to say that the feature has not been flagged as non-working function by anyone.
    LOL nor do I want to go back there. This is great news. Thanks.

Now, no more being preached to that we are working the wrong way and when it's officially released I will get me a Q10!!!!
    bobauckland likes this.
    11-12-13 09:01 PM
    Yep its back and it's working. Super happy.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 09:09 PM
    I deleted the Yahoo! account I was testing with above and added it after a soft reset. The Hub repopulated itself with the Beta Zone Survey email. Just as expected.
    Even with IMAP. So I'm sure it will be the same with EAS.

But hey....if it makes the masses happy, whatever works

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    11-12-13 11:12 PM
    But hey....if it makes the masses happy, whatever works
    I'll be happy with it. I get a lot of emails I simply skim and ignore until I'm back at my computer. I hate having an inbox more than a screen or two long and I don't want to bother with filing every single one of them manually. Quick read, delete and then do what I want with them back home, after they've been automatically sorted into the correct folders by Outlook.

I'm still trying to figure out why it is so difficult for some people to understand why someone would not want to keep emails on their phone, but have them on their PC.
    xmasberry and Silk_Spectre like this.
    11-13-13 01:25 AM
    I'll be happy with it. I get a lot of emails I simply skim and ignore until I'm back at my computer. I hate having an inbox more than a screen or two long and I don't want to bother with filing every single one of them manually. Quick read, delete and then do what I want with them back home, after they've been automatically sorted into the correct folders by Outlook.

I'm still trying to figure out why it is so difficult for some people to understand why someone would not want to keep emails on their phone, but have them on their PC.
    Forget it, some people just aren't happy unless everyone else does things the way they think it should be done.
    Thankfully BlackBerry see how important this is to their users and spent the time bringing this back.
    Now we can all use our mobile devices how we want to!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:00 AM
    I think having the choice again is a good thing, choice is good, especially when it gives BB10 a unique feature allowing you to turn to an iPhone, Android or Windows Phone user and say 'your phone can't do that'.

However I hope that delete on handheld doesn't become the default setting as it was in BBOS. In my role as a BESAdmin at work I was forever having to change that setting for the people who were puzzled as to why deleting on the phone didn't delete from the mailbox which was for the majority of users. It should be an option that can be enabled, or the prompt should be an option that can be enabled but the default setting should be to delete on both handheld and server in line with the rest of the smartphone world.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    11-13-13 05:59 AM
765 ... 2324252627 ...