OP. If delete from hand held is truly critically important you would probably need to stick with a legacy BlackBerry until (if) it makes it to BlackBerry 10. That is why BlackBerry still runs BIS and still sells the traditional BlackBerry devices. Which is exactly what they said they'd do.

There is a transition going on at this time from traditional BlackBerrys to BlackBerry 10 being built out. There was zero chance BlackBerry 10 would debut with every traditional feature.

So it just depends on how critical this is to you.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    That's not as easy as you think when your BlackBerry legacy is 2 years old or older, when maybe you already sold it and already bought a Z10 and signed for that contract to find that option was missing.

I'm not saying that's my case as it's not. But many only found out later.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 03:25 AM
    And have no integration with the hub and other apps? No integration (I presume) with the share menu? Put my work emails trough a third party android app?

Anyway, so how long would you be prepared to put up with that? 3 months? 6 months? What would be your limit?

Posted via CB10
    Life is full of compromises. I have been a systems and network administrator for almost 20 years and rolling with the punches is how things flow for me. So I would do what it takes. I can use any phone and learn to *work the way it works*. If I really need to.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-17-13 03:47 AM
    Life is full of compromises. I have been a systems and network administrator for almost 20 years and rolling with the punches is how things flow for me. So I would do what it takes. I can use any phone and learn to *work the way it works*. If I really need to.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    So are you saying you'd just put up with it forever? Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 03:48 AM
    I want this feature back as well. The one thing that I loved about the email control on BB7. My Z10 email is getting pretty large and I don't want to delete it from my gmail account, only on the Z10 to keep the email manageable. Blackberry please bring this feature back somehow!
    04-17-13 08:00 AM
    I want this feature back as well. The one thing that I loved about the email control on BB7. My Z10 email is getting pretty large and I don't want to delete it from my gmail account, only on the Z10 to keep the email manageable. Blackberry please bring this feature back somehow!
    Folder it!

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-17-13 11:14 AM
    Folder it!

If I folder it which I currently do, does it still take up storage space on my z10? This can up add up over time especially with lots of emails with big attachments.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    04-17-13 12:26 PM
    PLEASE CAN WE GET THIS ON THE NEXT OS UPDATE!!!!!

Its so annoying that this option isn't avlialbe -- i want to keep emails in my actual inbox while deleting it from my phone inbox

PLEASE
    Do the BB Devs check these forums for feature requests?
    04-17-13 03:40 PM
    Do the BB Devs check these forums for feature requests?
    If they do, it would be for the entertainment value. This is NOT a BB support forum or a proper channel to request features or enhancements.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-17-13 04:14 PM
    Why the hell can't I be part of this problem and always seem to have other issues. I've been looking for information about emails deleting off my device for no reason on exchange 2010 for over a month and no one seems to have an answer!!!! Damn man love this phone so much but this email issue is killing it for me I can't even rely on getting outlook 2010 emails to stop auto deleting on my device despite hours of research. :

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:33 PM
    I was so used to having email remain on my phone after downloading it with Outlook that I was caught without a phone number I needed earlier.

Stupid sync'd mail.
    04-17-13 05:51 PM
    I was so used to having email remain on my phone after downloading it with Outlook that I was caught without a phone number I needed earlier.

Stupid sync'd mail.
    What do you mean. Email deleting on your device too??

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:00 PM
    What do you mean. Email deleting on your device too??
    When Outlook downloads via POP3, it's removed from the device, because it's no longer on the server.

Since BIS pushed a duplicate of the message to the phone, it didn't matter if Outlook cleared off the server. I could easily choose what I wanted to keep on my phone by simply not deleting them from it.
    04-17-13 06:14 PM
    I can't get to the bottom if this and in fear that I'll need to move back to my Lumia 920 since no one has the answer. :: my email just deletes on its own off the phone always

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:16 PM
    It's a missed feature for sure. I personally hate to have a cluttered phone, or stuff that simply isn't necessary to me at the time. Some people want to have 3638834 emails stored on their device, I only want what I need at the time or what's relevant to my day. Obviously I want to have the ability to read all emails that come in; that's the point of a smartphone. However, some stuff can remain on my computer for a later look at a later time day. For example, I received an email telling me that "The Book Of Mormon" is in town, and I can use a code to buy tickets. Great! Read it, will look into it later when I get home and maybe purchase tickets. Do I need that on my phone at this point? Nah, I can do without it. A simple delete option should allow me to do this. SHOULD.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy ZED10
    What happens if you share an email to remember and then delete it? is there still a copy in remember? could you make a "to read" folder in remember and use it to keep emails around without cluttering your inbox?
    04-17-13 06:49 PM
    I don't even see an option to share an email.
    04-17-13 07:29 PM
    From this very site boosting about QNX benefits that never materialised in the end.

What do you mean "this very site"? Crackberry is not an official representative of BBRY. You implied that BBRY made a "promise" to deliver software updates without carrier intervention. Personally I think you just made that up.

And have no integration with the hub and other apps? No integration (I presume) with the share menu? Put my work emails trough a third party android app?

Anyway, so how long would you be prepared to put up with that? 3 months? 6 months? What would be your limit?

One thing's for sure: way longer limit than some incessant complainers.

Like someone else said, if you feel so married to legacy BBOS features, sounds like you just need to stick with a legacy BBOS device. They still make 'em.
    04-17-13 10:16 PM
    If I folder it which I currently do, does it still take up storage space on my z10? This can up add up over time especially with lots of emails with big attachments.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    I'm not actually sure. I believe the emails are available offline so theoretically will take up minimal space but nit sure about attachments. If like in past, if yo don't actually open the attachment it likely doesn't get saved locally. The most you're going to have for stored emails is 30 days anyway.

vagos2006 likes this.
    04-18-13 12:18 AM
    I've been told my Blackberry Technical Support that the option to delete "on mailbox & handhled" and "on handheld" will be coming shortly to Z10 in a software upgrade.
    This is indeed GREAT news! Hopefully it will be done before the Q10 is here.
    pandapurple likes this.
    04-20-13 08:18 AM
    Hmm....wonder how they'll do that...

John Pawling likes this.
    04-20-13 11:51 AM
    I wish there was a way to "pin" emails so they're available even once removed from the server.
    04-20-13 12:10 PM
    Hmm....wonder how they'll do that...

I wonder that myself, they would have to disable sync otherwise wouldn't the emails deleted on device sync back at the next sync interval?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:13 PM
    I wonder that myself, they would have to disable sync otherwise wouldn't the emails deleted on device sync back at the next sync interval?

Posted via CB10
    That's kinda what I'm thinking...not sure how they can change something they haven't designed.

Tbh I really think the ability to save emails should be more doable and IMHO more useful. Just can't see how they'd alter the use of eas like is being suggested.

04-20-13 02:24 PM
    Unless they bring an option to BB10 once they manage to code it in, bringing back the use of BIS and proper BlackBerry email.
    Which I still believe is the end game, otherwise we would have heard that BIS is dead by now.
    They're just trying to code it for BB10, which is obviously really really hard to program for.
    04-20-13 03:22 PM
    Bringing back bis would mean rewriting bes. Can't see that happening...

04-20-13 03:38 PM
    Don't care how they do it and how many kittens must pay the ultimate price.....as long as they do it!
    04-20-13 03:51 PM
765 ... 89101112 ...