Why don't iphone users whine about this "mail problem" when using ActiveSync? I'm still baffled by the fact that people can't move forward. I'm starting to think "BB" is really short for "Baba" cuz ya'll are like a bunch of old baba's afraid of change!

Posted via CB10
    IPhone users don't care about email. Its not their strong point and the users understand this as most came from blackberries. However when a blackberry can't manage emails the way its suppose to, that's when people will feel betrayed and complain. Honestly the new bb10 just feels like a decorated android and lacks anything that made blackberry great. Its a shame really cause I really wanted to come back to blackberry but hearing stories like this, I'm going to stick with android.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    capcom303 likes this.
    04-03-13 05:40 PM
    And one other thing, the ONLY reason people kept blackberries is for the great email experience that just can't be sacrificed in a work environment, lose that and their comeback will fail big time

torpesco and capcom303 like this.
    04-03-13 05:42 PM
    Facepalm. Why bother. You people apparently can't understand sync and how to manage it.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:43 PM
    And one other thing, the ONLY reason people kept blackberries is for the great email experience that just can't be sacrificed in a work environment, lose that and their comeback will fail big time

Wrong. I kept my BB because I love it. I have an iPod and that's my toy. My BB is my work device and provides me with the tools I need for my job as well as personal use. It has nothing to do with email experience. In fact, now that it is using EAS I find the experience much much better. Easier access to folders and way easier to mange my mail overall.
    04-03-13 05:59 PM
    Maybe I didn't explain it correctly. This happens when I get it first in my BlackBerry and later get to the office and read them there as well on outlook. After about 20 min they are gone from the z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:26 PM
    Wrong. I kept my BB because I love it. I have an iPod and that's my toy. My BB is my work device and provides me with the tools I need for my job as well as personal use. It has nothing to do with email experience. In fact, now that it is using EAS I find the experience much much better. Easier access to folders and way easier to mange my mail overall.
    Its your work device why? Don't tell me it was the browser cause that was craptacular. Don't tell me it was the million of work apps cause it barely support any. What did the old bb do so well for you?

04-03-13 07:31 PM
    Its your work device why? Don't tell me it was the browser cause that was craptacular. Don't tell me it was the million of work apps cause it barely support any. What did the old bb do so well for you?
    S/he was talking about the current device, not the old devices.
    04-03-13 07:36 PM
    It's a missed feature for sure. I personally hate to have a cluttered phone, or stuff that simply isn't necessary to me at the time. Some people want to have 3638834 emails stored on their device, I only want what I need at the time or what's relevant to my day. Obviously I want to have the ability to read all emails that come in; that's the point of a smartphone. However, some stuff can remain on my computer for a later look at a later time day. For example, I received an email telling me that "The Book Of Mormon" is in town, and I can use a code to buy tickets. Great! Read it, will look into it later when I get home and maybe purchase tickets. Do I need that on my phone at this point? Nah, I can do without it. A simple delete option should allow me to do this. SHOULD.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy ZED10
    torpesco, ssbtech and espresso1967 like this.
    04-03-13 08:08 PM

It did everything I needed it to do and did them well. Email, calendar, contacts, twitter, browsing, weather, etc. Sure it had its issues (they *all* do) but nothing that would make me trade it for anything consumer. MDS is an invaluable feature. The ability to browse internal resources or ssh to internal servers without vpn is a feature I could not live without. I have gone from a 7250 to 8300 curve to 8800 world edition to 9360 tour to 9800 torch to 9900 bold and finally Z10. Enjoyed the experience of every single one of them. I work for a financial company so security is more important to me than a thousand useless apps that do nothing more than waste time. Just because I don't drink the apple Kool aid or Google juice doesn't mean I can't actually appreciate what BlackBerry has done for me over the years.

I have loved my BB's for whatever reasons and sorry but you're not going to change that. Btw...I'm not alone.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:31 PM
    S/he was talking about the current device, not the old devices.
    Nope...new and old. I'm a proud supporter of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:32 PM
    Facepalm. Why bother. You people apparently can't understand sync and how to manage it.
    I understand sync perfectly well. It seems you aren't able to imagine why some people found it useful to delete some email from the device only. Either that or you're trolling.

OS6 and 7 were perfectly capable of keeping in sync with my email accounts *and* allowing me to delete some email from the device only. Maybe that was thanks to BIS, but it's pretty simple to save the message ID as having been seen on the device and deleted only from the device and not delete it from the server.

A variant of this is already done with email older than 30 days - the message is deleted on the device and not the server. Obviously a hard coded date limit is a bit simpler to implement than ad hoc per-message deleting.

I have the luxury of a job where I can deal with a day's email by the end of the day. I have no need to file it to follow up on later - thus inbox is my email to do list. Some email I can not follow up on using my phone - period. Having it there is useless, but I absolutely do want it in my desktop inbox.

Really, I can live with this and it's just an annoyance -- I mostly work from my desk -- but I can understand why it's a bigger deal for others. An actionable, clean inbox saves mental energy and time. Ever read Getting Things Done? I know my email model doesn't match his, but the principle is similar. Not actionable on my phone? Then remove it from there so I can focus on what I am able to deal with from my phone. It's my way of having an 'anywhere' list (phone) and an 'at computer' list (desktop - including the 'anywhere' items).

Posted via CB10
    capcom303 and LatinoLoco24 like this.
    04-04-13 02:35 AM
    So what we need is the ability to save. I think a "Save" feature would be much more doable than having BB rewrite their own version of EAS.

This is not trolling - my problem is all the people that keep going on about how BB dropped the ball on this one and that this is a show-stopper for them. Thing is, EAS is the current state. Old BES is history. I have said before and will say again - the people that I support would be the first to complain about this "feature" having been taken away. The fact of the matter is, they have adjusted and not once was it ever even brought up.
    KemKev likes this.
    04-04-13 09:32 AM
    This is not trolling - my problem is all the people
    Nothing personal but nobody cares what your problem is with who. A question was asked about a very popular feature now being gone which is a major issue for many, including me. The fact that its not for an issue for you and others make zero difference to us. Continuing to post how its not a issue for YOU is exactly trolling and helps nobody here. At the end of the day some of you just need to accept that others may do things differently than you. It does not make either side right or wrong. Its just different.

For me personally, without this feature I see little point in staying with BB after so many years. I will need to see if the Q10 keyboard is worth the lack of apps. found on say the iPhone. With my current 9930 it is worth it because the BB worked as I did. Now? I honestly don't know. If I am to have the same email experience as on the iphone I may as well enjoy all the toys that come along with it.

There are tons of posts here on subjects I have no interest in. Instead of posting in each one I just move on. Hint!
    Lalabum likes this.
    04-04-13 10:32 AM
    So I tried reading through this thread, and it's really hard when 2 out of every 3 posts are from the usual suspects telling you you're stupid for wanting a feature most people used to love.

So is there any way, paid or otherwise, or any email service you can pay for that will allow proper push email and also allow the delete on handheld only thing on BB10?
    Any way at all?

Helpful answers only please, I really don't need to hear again about how stupid I am for wanting this from people who can't figure out how it's done.
    04-04-13 12:37 PM
    I have a temporary fix

I did this on Hotmail/Outlook anyways....

Go to your inbox, move the emails to another folder. Like move Business emails to a new folder called "Business" and then delete the email on your phone and it won't sync delete because the email is in a new folder. I have NOT tried this on other services, but it may be the same. Hopefully this can somehow be worked out in the future, but I hope this helps!
    xBURK likes this.
    04-04-13 12:53 PM
    That's assuming BIS got to the message before Outlook downloaded/deleted it. If you had Outlook continuously polling for new messages, that would have been a crapshoot, and would have resulted in random messages never being seen on the Blackberry because inevitably some would have been gone before BIS got around to downloading them.
    Which for me was never a problem since I never left Outlook running if I was away from the computer and wanted emails on my phone.

It's like call forwarding a landline to a cell phone. Close Outlook, leave desk, get messages on phone.
    04-04-13 12:53 PM
    Why don't iphone users whine about this "mail problem" when using ActiveSync?
    Because they never had the luxury of BIS?
    04-04-13 12:54 PM
    Because they never had the luxury of BIS?
    The people I am referring to went from BES to iPhone.
    04-04-13 01:05 PM
    So I tried reading through this thread, and it's really hard when 2 out of every 3 posts are from the usual suspects telling you you're stupid for wanting a feature most people used to love.

So is there any way, paid or otherwise, or any email service you can pay for that will allow proper push email and also allow the delete on handheld only thing on BB10?
    Any way at all?

Helpful answers only please, I really don't need to hear again about how stupid I am for wanting this from people who can't figure out how it's done.
    I hope this will be helpful for you.

Drumroll please.....

The answer is No.

(Although we could get into a debate about the definition of "proper push email" but that horse is already dead :P)
    04-04-13 01:08 PM
    Why is it so hard for so many to understand blackberry was a leader because of the email service it had and now it is no different then the others. There is a large groups of us that want email the way it was on any other blackberry but the Z10. It does us no good to read through so many posts telling us you like the new way. For you guys that is great and I'm glad but I want to read ways to maybe fix this or at least a way to get by. Would also like to hear from Blackberry if this is something they are going to change so those of us that don't want to live without it can switch back to our old blackberries. Or try another platform. It's not hard to see there is a large group wanting this. I posted on another post that the local best buys told me they were getting 1 of every 3 Z10's back because people didn't like the way the new emails worked. Even said a few didn't like the profile setting as well. Now who knows if these people returned the Z10 and just went back to their old blackberries or if the switched away from blackberry. Sorry I don't fully understand why the email works the way it does but I don't see why an option to only delete email on the phone only is such a hard thing to give us. Seems like it should be an easy thing to do to make a large number of users happy.

Now I hope we don't have to read through a bunch of replies as why others like the new system.
    04-04-13 06:17 PM
    It's a missed feature for sure. I personally hate to have a cluttered phone, or stuff that simply isn't necessary to me at the time. Some people want to have 3638834 emails stored on their device, I only want what I need at the time or what's relevant to my day. Obviously I want to have the ability to read all emails that come in; that's the point of a smartphone. However, some stuff can remain on my computer for a later look at a later time day. For example, I received an email telling me that "The Book Of Mormon" is in town, and I can use a code to buy tickets. Great! Read it, will look into it later when I get home and maybe purchase tickets. Do I need that on my phone at this point? Nah, I can do without it. A simple delete option should allow me to do this. SHOULD.

Trivial to do with a Z10 and a modern (non-POP) email system.

See previous comments.
    BCLoco likes this.
    04-04-13 10:32 PM
    Why is it so hard for so many to understand blackberry was a leader because of the email service
    Over the past 3-4 years, Blackberry has become a bit-player in the marketplace despite the fact that none of the competition that has been cleaning its clock had any of those features.

Please forgive me if I come to the obvious conclusion that the vast majority of the world doesn't give a flying-leap about that stuff.

Research in Motion under Lazaridis and Balsillie ignored that obvious fact and nearly killed the company off as a result.

Luckily for the company, Thorsten Heins and his new management team aren't nearly as silly about that sort of thing.
    NoAhB0Dy and BCLoco like this.
    04-04-13 10:39 PM
    I used it and I'd like some form of it back.

I refuse to think that BB is ok with EAS because "it is what is now and what everyone else is doing." BB will not survive following what everyone else is doing. Options such as being able to run EAS "natively" or with some additional features would mean we have what everyone else has if an iOS, Android, or Windows Phone 8 user wants to move over and have a familiar experience but we could also have option sets above and beyond.

We get this with having BDS onsite as one poster mentioned..not needing to create a VPN session is a big advantage. I think Balance is a big advantage. I'd like to be able to say the way BB handles mail is "a big advantage." If we don't have these "big advantages" we're all going to lose out eventually. BB won't stay around by taking major functionality and just doing it the way the others do it.
    04-11-13 04:52 PM
    People just hate change. It's simple if you don't want it deleted move it to a folder for later. Is that so difficult?
    Your "suggestion" is not that difficult, however, the ability to have the option of choosing where a message was deleted was one of the core, and in my opinion (and others evidently) most important things that made a BlackBerry the king of email.
    04-11-13 04:58 PM
    I have my Z10 syncing with my ISP's EAS server, and my home PC clears them all off at the end of the day with POP.

It works for the most part, except for the small percentage of emails that I'd like to keep on my phone.
    04-11-13 05:27 PM
765 ... 56789 ...