I have folders in my Outlook on my desktop. Is there a way to sync and have the same setup on my BB or am I screwed since my ISP is a pop3 account
    You should ask your isp if they offer anything other than pop3...that's old, very unsecure technology...maybe they have eas and you just need to ask...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:04 AM
    Who are you to judge what is or isn't helpful to someone's workflow?
    Don't know but it's getting beyond annoying that the same 2-3 know it alls continue to preach to us in ever thread.

This feature along with syncing with outlook is was kept me with BB for so long. It just worked. And better yet, it worked the way I worked and not how a couple of nannys here think I should work.

Outlook sync was addressed but if this is not I see no reason to stay with BB.
    ssbtech likes this.
    03-23-13 07:23 PM
    You should ask your isp if they offer anything other than pop3...that's old, very unsecure technology...maybe they have eas and you just need to ask...

Posted via CB10
    I figured out how to convert my current email to a IMAP account today. Unfortunately the current PB OS does not support file folders anymore.

Ooops.
    Last edited by QWKSNKE; 03-24-13 at 08:40 AM.
    03-23-13 09:38 PM
    I have folders in my Outlook on my desktop. Is there a way to sync and have the same setup on my BB or am I screwed since my ISP is a pop3 account

What kind of Blackberry do you have? This is the Blackberry 10 forum. You have a Z10?
    03-23-13 10:35 PM
    No information with my new z10 to indicate that deleting emails would lose them forever from my PC. So, much important stuff now lost grrr!
    I have had to scrap using z10 and go back to my previous handset simply to get back this feature which is critical to me. I get dozens of emails daily many with space hungry attachments. Blackberry PLEASE sort this fast. My company will buy no more z10's until it is.
    moses2908 likes this.
    03-24-13 01:39 PM
    No information with my new z10 to indicate that deleting emails would lose them forever from my PC. So, much important stuff now lost grrr!
    I have had to scrap using z10 and go back to my previous handset simply to get back this feature which is critical to me. I get dozens of emails daily many with space hungry attachments. Blackberry PLEASE sort this fast. My company will buy no more z10's until it is.
    Here's a thought...learn about the new technology you're deploying before pointing blame. This is not BlackBerry's fault...it's your own for not taking the time to learn about EAS. EAS is true sync. So if you delete something, the effect will be deletion across sync'd devices. Look in your trash...it'll be there if you do soft deletes then you can restore it.
    03-24-13 02:03 PM
    Here's a thought...learn about the new technology you're deploying before pointing blame. This is not BlackBerry's fault...it's your own for not taking the time to learn about EAS. EAS is true sync. So if you delete something, the effect will be deletion across sync'd devices. Look in your trash...it'll be there if you do soft deletes then you can restore it.
    Even with BIS, you would have been prompted "Delete on Mailbox" / "Delete on Handheld".

One would think that if you got no prompt at all, you should stop and ask why that is. Certainly not because the device just psychically probed your mind to determine your intentions.
    03-24-13 07:04 PM
    The following work around was posted on Howard Forums by Supa_Fly:

Highlight a date and select "Delete Prior" (hold and slide and let go on Delete Prior - this deletes on the HH, not the email account; at least if on ActiveSync).

The first 24 hours with my Z10 - initial review

Can anyone with a Z10 verify that this actually works?
    03-24-13 08:03 PM
    A smart phone should let the user handle communications in a way that works for him, not have their processes dictated by the phone.
    Amen!
    04-02-13 11:00 PM
    My preferred way to work with email is that every time I touch an email message on my smartphone, a new gold coin drops from inside the phone into my pocket.

Why can't Blackberry do email the way that works for me?!?
    NoAhB0Dy and ppeters914 like this.
    04-03-13 01:00 AM
    I was originally very upset to see that feature gone. Then I realized that BB10 offers an even better answer, as was already mentioned by Omnitech:

When an email comes in that you want out of your way on the phone, but don't want deleted from your email account, just file it. First you have to change one little setting, but it's super simple:

�Select the email account from the Hub screen.

�Select the menu icon in the bottom right corner.

�Select Settings.

�Select Display and Actions.

�Toggle "Show Filed Messages" off.

Now you're ready to clean up your inbox:

�Long-press the email in question. This brings out the Menu.

�Select the folder-shaped icon called File. This brings up the folders associated with that email account (Inbox, Drafts, Junk, etc.)

�Select the folder you want the email filed in. Any folder that is set to sync* (except Inbox) will work. You can create a dedicated folder (use your desktop email client to create the folder) just for this purpose if you wish.

And that's it! The email is filed away properly, and doesn't show up in Hub or the email account Inbox. When you want to review it later on your computer, simply go to the corresponding folder in your desktop email client and start working away. You can even continue to access that email on your phone for as long as your "Sync Timeframe" is set for: 3,7,14 or 30 days.

*You can check that this folder is set to sync by going to Settings�Accounts, then select the email account in question. Select "Edit Folder Settings". Make sure all the folders you will use to file emails have check marks beside them.
    Last edited by BCLoco; 04-03-13 at 02:20 AM.
    Omnitech and bertcella like this.
    04-03-13 01:08 AM
    My preferred way to work with email is that every time I touch an email message on my smartphone, a new gold coin drops from inside the phone into my pocket.

Sarcasm usually works better when its witty instead of just obnoxious. Did coins drop out of all previous Blackberrys? If so, you may have a point. If not......well......
    04-03-13 05:59 AM
    I was originally very upset to see that feature gone. Then I realized that BB10 offers an even better answer, as was already mentioned by Omnitech:
    But that won't work with POP mail, right?
    04-03-13 06:00 AM

Now you're just being silly.
    04-03-13 11:29 AM
    Now you're just being silly.

We could use some silly around here amongst all the overwrought flaming and hand-wringing.
    NoAhB0Dy and pandapurple like this.
    04-03-13 12:31 PM
    But that won't work with POP mail, right?

No it will not.
    04-03-13 12:45 PM
    How do you set the account so that when you read it in outlook it won't delete from z10?

Every time I read them they go away in the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:25 PM
    How do you set the account so that when you read it in outlook it won't delete from z10?
    You probably have Outlook using a POP3 connection to your email account. By default, Outlook clears the messages off the server which will remove them from view on the Z10.

Set up Outlook to leave a copy of the message on the server (in the email account settings in Outlook)
    04-03-13 01:35 PM
    Even though it didn't happen in the old BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:56 PM
    There is something mysterious going on with the POP3 display in the Z10. Still trying to figure this out.

Some people are reporting that messages are randomly "going missing". I know that last night when I deleted a bunch of emails from a server mailbox but left some older messages there, the Z10 no longer shows the older messages. I can't say for sure if they were displayed before on the Z10 (before the deletion using a different client), but I'm wondering if it's treating POP mailboxes like sync mailboxes and not displaying anything over 30 days old.

Still need to do more testing.

This may come under the heading of what I've mentioned before about the "leave on server" feature that lots of POP clients have. Since that feature was never part of the POP3 standard, sometimes you get unexpected results using it, depending on which server and which client you are using.
    04-03-13 02:12 PM
    Your old BlackBerry used BIS to send a duplicate of the email out to the phone. When you downloaded messages via Outlook and it cleared off the server, the duplicate message was already on the phone and remained untouched. The old BlackBerry let you keep messages on the phone without needing to have them on the server.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-03-13 02:19 PM
    Your old BlackBerry used BIS to send a duplicate of the email out to the phone. When you downloaded messages via Outlook and it cleared off the server, the duplicate message was already on the phone and remained untouched. The old BlackBerry let you keep messages on the phone without needing to have them on the server.
    Ah-ha! Always wondered about that.
    04-03-13 03:42 PM
    Ah-ha! Always wondered about that.
    That's assuming BIS got to the message before Outlook downloaded/deleted it. If you had Outlook continuously polling for new messages, that would have been a crapshoot, and would have resulted in random messages never being seen on the Blackberry because inevitably some would have been gone before BIS got around to downloading them.
    04-03-13 04:22 PM
    Spoke with the rep at the local BB today and he said they have been getting about 1 of every 3 Z10's back because of the email problem. If blackberry wants to move forward they need to hear what people are saying and figure out a fix for this.
    04-03-13 04:44 PM
    Why don't iphone users whine about this "mail problem" when using ActiveSync? I'm still baffled by the fact that people can't move forward. I'm starting to think "BB" is really short for "Baba" cuz ya'll are like a bunch of old baba's afraid of change!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:22 PM
765 ... 45678 ...