dont really want to double post and if this is out of order apologies and whoever is in charge feel free to delete it or merge

asked a question here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l-hub-1008261/

and have had good help but am getting nowhere - i am not sure the problem is non me or a setting i have missed but would appreciate if someone can clear this up
    03-23-15 03:36 PM
    In Hub Settings select Single Messages display, go back to the Hub and use Delete Prior.
    03-23-15 03:50 PM
    In Hub Settings select Single Messages display, go back to the Hub and use Delete Prior.
    i am struggling or being a complete fool

i went to settings and found the single message display setting - changed that and got a popup telling me it was rebuilding hub - went back to hub which looked the same and acted the same - am i right in thinking i should get delete prior by pressing the date line - i get the black slide out with no delete
    03-23-15 04:02 PM
    i am struggling or being a complete fool

i went to settings and found the single message display setting - changed that and got a popup telling me it was rebuilding hub - went back to hub which looked the same and acted the same - am i right in thinking i should get delete prior by pressing the date line - i get the black slide out with no delete
    The struggle is real but I don't think you're a fool - some people are having issues with the delete prior functionality. I've seen a few threads about it but this is the only one I can find at the moment: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-read-1000234/
    03-23-15 04:14 PM
    (I assume you either have both "Mark Prior Read" and "Delete Prior" or you have neither, "Delete Prior" being in the bottom corner of the screen)
    03-23-15 04:15 PM
    off to read the thread you highlight

the only way i see delete prior is if i choose a single category from the hub - so if i choose calls [for example] and press on the date bar the black screen slides out and delete prior is there - this is - i assume - what should be happening in the hub main screen
    03-23-15 04:28 PM
    I had similar issues before. All popular mobile OS have settings to delete old SMS messages automatically after specific limit per thread is reached, 200, 500, etc. No such option in BB10, unfortunately. Every time I want to reduce the number of my thousands SMS messages I have to sort the Hub to Single Messages first and then Delete Prior manually. Not very convenient and not many users know or use this workaround.
    03-23-15 04:33 PM
    Morning,
    had this on my Z10 after autoloading and 10.3.x-version.
    Just ask for some mentions on Twitter, or send yourself 5 e-mails, wait 15 mins, then try again.
    Should work.
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    03-23-15 05:15 PM
    Morning,
    Just ask for some mentions on Twitter, or send yourself 5 e-mails, wait 15 mins, then try again.
    Should work.
    So once you had more entries in your Hub those options magically appeared when they weren't there before? That's neat.
    03-23-15 05:20 PM
    Morning,
    Should work.
    thanks - dont do twitter and have never bothered with email on my phone but guess i could set that up - worth a try
    03-23-15 05:29 PM
    ...and have never bothered with email on my phone...
    Interesting.
    03-23-15 05:44 PM
    Interesting.
    never had the need for emails on a phone - they are not that urgent to me

BUT

5 emails sent and that seems to have solved the problem - so to Jan125 many thanks
    03-23-15 05:50 PM
    5 emails sent and that seems to have solved the problem - so to Jan125 many thanks
    LOL, you guys just discovered yet another BlackBerry user workaround compensating for something missing or hard to complete in BB10 OS.
    03-23-15 06:11 PM