So my media card ended I'm dying last night. I had another post in the BlackBerry passport fourm showing the issue yesterday, when I wasn't sure what the issue was.

Basically, the card is no longer writing information or reading it anymore on windows, Mac, or my BlackBerry device. They all recognize it as a device, however.

Regardless, I ended up getting the files off from windows command prompt & a recovery program, I have almost all of the files, the issue is that they are encrypted by the Passport.

If I move these files onto a new micro SD, pop it into the Passport, will it recognize that this phone encrypted the files & unlock them?

Hope this makes sense, I'm seeing in red right now since I'm so mad, lol. Hope anyone can help..

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-02-16 08:48 PM
    Why not just try it as you're half way there already?

If someone said it wouldn't work, would you not even attempt it?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 02:00 AM
    Why not just try it as you're half way there already?

If someone said it wouldn't work, would you not even attempt it?

Posted via CB10
    Waiting on a new SD card to come in from Amazon, just wanted to know if they're gone for good or not before Monday, lol.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-03-16 02:03 AM
    OK, I will just add then that I have never applied encryption to an SD card, but when I move mine between BB10 devices I get a warning that the contents were encrypted by a different device and they won't be possible to be decrypted using the BlackBerry I've put the SD into.

It doesn't actually present an issue because I never apply encryption.

The bottom line is that as long as the only files and folders you weren't able to copy across to the new card were ones you created yourself, then I can't see it being an issue as long as you have taken all hidden files and folders aswell.

I say that because I think there's something written to the card which carrries encryption info.

Only thing is if the encryption info used to decrypt the card contents makes use of a unique identifier for the card itself then you could have a problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 02:15 AM