I’ve encrypted my sd card on my passeport, I’ve connected the phone to my macbook pro under catalina os (mass storage mode, bb software is not supported anymore) I couldn’t access to my pictures so I’ve launched the decrypt process of the sd.
    A day later, process was nearly at the end but not moving anymore.
    I’ve waited a day and restarted my phone.
    Now the files are always on the sd but I can’t open it. in the camera app I browse the files and only see an icon of a file with a lightning.
    Same thing for my music I can’t access it.
    Photographies were great I’d like to take it back.
    Thanks for you help.
    02-11-20 04:16 PM
    I suspect the Mac messed up the BlackBerry encryption.... yes the files are all still there, but the key to unlock them it gone.

I've seen this happen a number of times....

Suggestions to reboot the computer, to use LINK to try and view the files (sometimes with pictures the thumbnails are accessible but not the images). But in the end, I've never see a solution that someone said worked for them.

Did you have no backup plan in place? Cloud storage that synced images?
    02-11-20 04:59 PM
    Any encrypted storage REQUIRES a backup, because it takes so little to permanently lose the encrypted information. An encrypted volume should always be seen as a temporary storage location that has been made purposely unsafe for long-term storage.

Anyway, because only the phone itself can decrypt the files, the right way to do it was to use a network-capable file manager on the phone and, from the phone, copy the pics and any other data to a network share.

If you try to access the files from another device at the file level, the encryption is DESIGNED to prevent that, and any changes can lead to permanent data loss.

At this point, if you can't open the pics on the phone itself, they are gone forever.
    Laura Knotek and WES51 like this.
    02-12-20 05:32 PM
    Hi,
    Yes only the thumbnails are accessible.
    I had no backup since the BB mac softwares stopped working on latest osx versions.
    And no cloud storage connected. I use the passeport mainly for Phone, whatsapp and dictionary and sometime for pictures because camera is decent. And use an iphone 5s for other web apps.
    Next year I'll bring my real camera
    Thanks for your answers.
    02-14-20 06:19 PM