Can someone tell BlackBerry too sell BlackBerry to Sony?

Sony makes good hardware, good commercial.

And they have a good user base.

Does anyone agree with me that BlackBerry need to sell BlackBerry to Sony or close a deal with Sony to make BlackBerry 10 phones?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    Attachment 176915
    Last edited by Asmooh; 06-28-13 at 08:46 AM.
    vasilisiou likes this.
    06-28-13 08:34 AM
    I wouldn't say sell, maybe team up with them.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:38 AM
    I agree with you!! Sony makes great, high quality hardware!!
    06-28-13 08:42 AM
    Unfortunately Blackberry does not have the leadership muscle to create partnerships, the one man who did, has left (Mike Lazaridis).

Under his leadership, yes Blackberry was bleeding but at the same time he was acquiring companies and making partnerships (qnx, tungle, torch mobile, jaycut).

This man had a vision, just lacked execution for reasons unbeknown.

Thor... has been handed a great arsenal, and is just ****!ng it all down the drain with absolutely no substance, execution, vision, balls or clout to take Blackberry10 to the next level.

The Z10 and Q10 are all products from Mike & Jim, Thor has used the cash Mike & Jim left in the bank ($3billion), and because he doesn't have the intellect to ADD to it, he can only make redundancies to save costs and make it appear as if BBRY is in profit.
    06-28-13 08:54 AM
    I've said it before, Microsoft needs BBRY and BBRY now needs Microsoft. Windows 8 isn't quite hitting the nail on the head and showing it has the "likability" that new Apple devices offer, so completely re-imagining Windows (with a QNX background) might be a sweet option for them. Also, it gets BB10 (or some form of it) onto billions of desktops around the world, get BB10 into the brains of the new XBox, etc etc. It would also give Microsoft 70+ million more mobile subscribers, as their stance in the mobile space hasn't really been very impressive. The combined capital, marketing, devices, strategies would really help them in both Entreprise and Consumer markets.

Edit: Also, Microsoft has admitted that it approached RIM a few years ago about using Windows on new BB devices... BB declined because they believed more in BB10. I still think BB10 is stronger in terms of an OS than W8 is, simply because it is fresh and new and is built on the great QNX platform. I really think Microsoft needs to look at BBRY again, but this time, use BB10 instead of replace it with Windows.
    kevinnugent and thepissednewt like this.
    06-28-13 08:54 AM
    I've said it before, Microsoft needs BBRY and BBRY now needs Microsoft. Windows 8 isn't quite hitting the nail on the head and showing it has the "likability" that new Apple devices offer, so completely re-imagining Windows (with a QNX background) might be a sweet option for them. Also, it gets BB10 (or some form of it) onto billions of desktops around the world, get BB10 into the brains of the new XBox, etc etc. It would also give Microsoft 70+ million more mobile subscribers, as their stance in the mobile space hasn't really been very impressive. The combined capital, marketing, devices, strategies would really help them in both Entreprise and Consumer markets.
    Xbox sucks!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:57 AM
    Xbox sucks!

Posted via CB10
    So does outlook.com
    (used to work once upon a time)
    06-28-13 09:01 AM
    The Z10 and Q10 are all products from Mike & Jim, Thor has used the cash Mike & Jim left in the bank ($3billion), and because he doesn't have the intellect to ADD to it, he can only make redundancies to save costs and make it appear as if BBRY is in profit.
    Sorry, but did you graduate from one of Germany's oldest, and greatest universities?
    He did, so until you can compare your IQ's, don't attack his.
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 06-28-13 at 10:22 AM.
    06-28-13 09:01 AM
    So does outlook.com
    (used to work once upon a time)
    The thing with Microsoft is that businesses still use Windows PCs almost exclusively... it's the one area that Apple hasn't cracked, and they show no signs of penetrating the Entreprise market anytime soon, especially when it comes to the Desktop. Businesses rely on Windows PCs to run their networks, inventory systems, etc etc. BBRY is all about Entreprise too, but the mobile side of things, almost exclusively. Why not team up and conquer the Entreprise market once and for all?
    06-28-13 09:07 AM

Edit: Also, Microsoft has admitted that it approached RIM a few years ago about using Windows on new BB devices... BB declined because they believed more in BB10. I still think BB10 is stronger in terms of an OS than W8 is, simply because it is fresh and new and is built on the great QNX platform. I really think Microsoft needs to look at BBRY again, but this time, use BB10 instead of replace it with Windows.
    if this were ever to happen, id never own a bb product again. EVER.
    Baked and scrapmetal58 like this.
    06-28-13 11:17 AM
    I wouldn't say sell, maybe team up with them.

Posted via CB10
    This

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:44 PM
    Have Sony make the next playbook... have BlackBerry focus on bb10 phones... while selling bb10 software to Sony phones.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    bombastic, oaknut john and bradu1 like this.
    06-28-13 01:46 PM
    BlackBerry should never even contemplate any kind of partnership with Microsoft for fear of being taken into a death embrace.

Posted via CB10
    russworman and D.Vader like this.
    06-28-13 01:49 PM
    Have Sony make the next playbook... have BlackBerry focus on bb10 phones... while selling bb10 software to Sony phones.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    That sounds like a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:51 PM
    No! Don't mix awesome Xperias with awesome BlackBerry's! They don't mix!! I love both these companies and love you using them separately.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:53 PM
    Totally agreed
    Even BlackBerry fans lost the faith and truest on bb . How they betrayed PlayBook users

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    06-28-13 02:42 PM
    Not Sony as they are in very bad economic shape. BlackBerry should stay the course.

From my Z10 via CB10
    Jerale Hoard and scrapmetal58 like this.
    06-28-13 02:45 PM
    No. Sony needs to stick to making the next PS4. I wouldn't buy a phone made by them even if my life depended on it. BlackBerry needs to be there own company.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 03:06 PM
    Yeah, no never gonna happen, the Canadian government wouldn't allow it, never mind being owned by a none north American company would be the all end for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    06-28-13 03:09 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 03:23 PM
    I don't like Sony, so they're not allowed.
    cheadlender and si001 like this.
    06-28-13 04:05 PM
    Jaycut...hahaha...well if THAT'S any indication... Good lord.
    06-28-13 04:07 PM
    But muh freedums /:

Posted via my white Zee10
    06-28-13 04:19 PM
    Unfortunately Blackberry does not have the leadership muscle to create partnerships, the one man who did, has left (Mike Lazaridis).

Under his leadership, yes Blackberry was bleeding but at the same time he was acquiring companies and making partnerships (qnx, tungle, torch mobile, jaycut).

This man had a vision, just lacked execution for reasons unbeknown.

Thor... has been handed a great arsenal, and is just ****!ng it all down the drain with absolutely no substance, execution, vision, balls or clout to take Blackberry10 to the next level.

You gotta be kidding...

BlackBerry wasn't just bleeding...it was a blasted, sinking ship. In just this first quarter, I find it personally amazing how much Heins and the new leadership has worked to unsink the ship. Sure, it isn't out of hot water yet, and there will need to be lots of moisture removal and mold remediation once it's out, but they are well on their way. They really are...

And imho, Heins has MUCH more ability and drive with a vision than I've seen Lazaridis have. People criticizing Heins are forgetting that if the changes didn't happen BlackBerry would be even deeper right now.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    Dave Bourque and JTon like this.
    06-28-13 11:49 PM
    Forget Sony! Look what they did to Ericsson.

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 and raw_dog like this.
    06-29-13 12:00 AM
55 123