Hi,

One of the features I took great comfort in having on legacy OS was read and delivery receipts. This did not make it to BlackBerry 10, and being completely honest, it isn't the highest priority feature. I'd rather still see Contacts fixes first. But file this with adding email distribution lists back...

Now, that being said, should receipts be returned exactly as they were in legacy? No, I would advise not! I honestly always disliked how this feature was implemented as a setting in legacy OS. People generally don't want these things that are essentially a per-email basis type of option, set in settings of Messages/Hub. I can see maybe an option for "always return a a read receipt", but for the rest of it...

Implement them as a per-email option, just like setting the priority is. Add an option in composing an email to send request for a receipt.

That should do it. No reason not to have options for those that need them!

Thanks,

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-13-13 07:08 PM
    Hi,

One of the features I took great comfort in having on legacy OS was read and delivery receipts. This did not make it to BlackBerry 10, and being completely honest, it isn't the highest priority feature. I'd rather still see Contacts fixes first. But file this with adding email distribution lists back...

Now, that being said, should receipts be returned exactly as they were in legacy? No, I would advise not! I honestly always disliked how this feature was implemented as a setting in legacy OS. People generally don't want these things that are essentially a per-email basis type of option, set in settings of Messages/Hub. I can see maybe an option for "always return a a read receipt", but for the rest of it...

Implement them as a per-email option, just like setting the priority is. Add an option in composing an email to send request for a receipt.

That should do it. No reason not to have options for those that need them!

Thanks,

I depend so much on getting a read receipt. I agree with your suggestion.
    09-13-13 08:01 PM
    I miss the read receipts as well - especially for some of my clients!
    Michele Guzzini likes this.
    09-14-13 08:30 AM
    Will try and add this in the Beta Zone for you

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:01 AM
    The issue with this, is they used the NOC to understand when msg's were delivered and read. You have to set it up via your mail server now as far as I know.

However, if they found a way to implement it, that'd be amazing

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:05 AM
    The issue with this, is they used the NOC to understand when msg's were delivered and read. You have to set it up via your mail server now as far as I know.

However, if they found a way to implement it, that'd be amazing

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. I did not know that.

Thank you.

09-14-13 09:09 AM
    Will try and add this in the Beta Zone for you

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so very much.

Has anyone added universal landscape support yet? ;D

09-14-13 09:09 AM
    Read receipt is horrible, and when someone sends it to me, I always reject it. I imagine those of you doing it are successfully annoying everyone that you email.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-14-13 10:04 AM
    Read receipt is horrible, and when someone sends it to me, I always reject it. I imagine those of you doing it are successfully annoying everyone that you email.

Posted via CB10
    Well that was the issue on its implementation on BB OS legacy. It was always on or off.

It ought to be there on an optional per email basis so you can use it selectively only where and when it is really necessary.

09-14-13 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Some people use it all the time. Some of us do so selectively.
    09-14-13 10:49 AM
    Throw the Group Contact in the mix. I miss being able to select a group and send.

Post via CB Z10
    09-14-13 10:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Can be a necessity in some business situations, sorta like certified mail. I'd like to see it on my BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:59 AM
    Agree it should be a feature you can turn on or off for all emails and then selectively toggle that for individual emails. Can one do that with Outlook.

And no, there are no business reasons for it. It is not like Certified Mail. It has no legal standing as proof of delivery. People that use it are thinking they've got some important knowledge stored away when they get the "proof" that it was read, but they have, in fact, nothing.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:53 PM
    Agree it should be a feature you can turn on or off for all emails and then selectively toggle that for individual emails. Can one do that with Outlook.

And no, there are no business reasons for it. It is not like Certified Mail. It has no legal standing as proof of delivery. People that use it are thinking they've got some important knowledge stored away when they get the "proof" that it was read, but they have, in fact, nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm let's see,

I give a employee a deadline via email. I get a read reciept acknowledging that person read it. Deadline comes and there isn't a project on my desk. Person complains they didn't know. Oh but wait I have a read reciept saying they read it.

Sometimes that's all you need

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 01:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yellow Wheaties?

Because you have no use for read receipts in business, certainly doesn't mean others with more acumen should be limited by your definitive pronouncement.

In my uses, I don't need legal standing, I just need the knowledge that the email was read. Allows me to take the next steps in a process.

I find myself not using it as much now that I use Contact Monkey.

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-14-13 02:04 PM
    I need it too!!

via my super Z10
    08-05-14 03:36 PM
    Throw the Group Contact in the mix. I miss being able to select a group and send.

Post via CB Z10
    You can have groups in your contacts app now and send an email/text to the whole group.

Posted on my awesome Z10 (STL100-3, 10.2.1.3247)
    08-05-14 07:17 PM
    Do you have any news?

via my super Z10
    12-31-14 04:13 PM