First of all, if a thread exists, point me in that direction please!

I have contacts with work/mobile numbers, various emails, and I always seem to see duplicate entries - after exploring, it is from social network sources such Facebook or LinkedIn.

Aside from deleting the duplicate entries, any suggestions ? Will this be corrected in next release ?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:50 PM
    Try linking your contact together if you already haven't. Also go into your settings and shut the sim card off. Open your contact and pull down on the screen and tap setting. 2ND from the bottom you will see sim contact. Just slide it to off.

Rockin Z10 on 10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 06:22 PM
    I hate the duplicate contacts. I've linked them before and when I restart the phone they come back.

IMO they are caused by different accounts. Yahoo, local, sim and whatever. I have many different accounts and yesterday I think I finally got it right.

I disabled my yahoo, sim, and local contacts and left only my Gmail contacts. It looks much better now!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:10 PM
    Wow, I just noticed that I have 4 or 5 entries for certain contacts and they are all Skype contacts! My other contacts are single entries.

Edit. I see this is a known irritant of the Skype app

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by lotuslanderz; 01-13-14 at 05:04 AM.
    01-13-14 04:24 AM
    Wow, I just noticed that I have 4 or 5 entries for certain contacts and they are all Skype contacts! My other contacts are single entries.

Edit. I see this is a known irritant of the Skype app

Posted via CB10
    Yes everytime you fire the skype app you create a duplicate of the names.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:44 AM
    Try linking your contact together if you already haven't. Also go into your settings and shut the sim card off. Open your contact and pull down on the screen and tap setting. 2ND from the bottom you will see sim contact. Just slide it to off.

Rockin Z10 on 10.2.1.1925
    Double checked and I have things set up as above - I have one contact card, for example, linked to 4 or 5 versions ( yahoo, work, LinkedIn, Facebook) , but in the contact card I have "work phone number" shown twice.

I don't mind having to organize the various accounts, just want it to be smart enough to recognize that the work number in both LinkedIn and yahoo are the same - so show it once!

Re: Skype.... hurray for awesome ports. I barely use it, and now with what you said. I'll probably use it less...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 06:54 AM
    I have the same problem with my Skype contacts, each contact is repeated 9 times!

It's so annoying and I tried everything but they still come back!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 07:00 AM
    Duplicate contacts is driving me crazy.
    It's to buggy!

1. After "Import contact from SIM" on empty phone I got 4 copy of every contact!

2. Skype contacts duplicated every time you start Skype.
    01-13-14 07:15 AM