I guess it was about two months ago. My daughter, with whom I regularly exchange texts, sent a text that did not show up in my hub.
    No notification (sound or L.E.D.), either.
    But, Strangely, when I go to text her, her sent text is there, right where it should be. This has been our scenario for about two or three months now.
    As I get no notification I frequently open the text menu, enter her contact name and, Voila !, her newest text is awaiting me just like always.

This is only happening with her. I get dozens of texts every day from others in my contact list. No problems at all.

I've tried my best to sort through any app-level settings and can't see that I changed anything specific to her but, as the configurations are seemingly endless, I'm not certain that I haven't accidentally turned something on or off for her contact.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Thank you.
    04-10-21 05:00 PM
    Delete your daughter from your Contact list and then re-introduce her as New?
    (Maybe with full Restart of device at all junctures?!!)
    Worth trying?
    04-11-21 03:52 AM
    OR
    In Settings > Notifications > Contact Notifications: have you inadvertently allocated her a special Silent status for Calls / Texts / whatever?
    04-11-21 03:58 AM
    Thanks, fergusd. I did consider deleting her from contacts and adding again. My hesitancy is that I think it would delete the existing text thread which has quite a bit of content that I would like to keep.
    As for inadvertently allocating some type of silencing in Contact Notifications, I've checked everything and it seems that I did not. I checked again this morning after your note just to be sure. Still scratching my head.
    04-12-21 09:25 AM
    Thanks, fergusd. I did consider deleting her from contacts and adding again. My hesitancy is that I think it would delete the existing text thread which has quite a bit of content that I would like to keep.
    As for inadvertently allocating some type of silencing in Contact Notifications, I've checked everything and it seems that I did not. I checked again this morning after your note just to be sure. Still scratching my head.
    If you do go the delete/readd route, you can use SMS Backup or another similar app from BlackBerry World to backup existing texts and restore them after.

But I'd do the full reboot as well. Sounds like gremlins in the software since you're receiving texts from other contacts.
    04-12-21 05:21 PM