I am 6 days away from the end of the month on my phone plan. I have 2GB of data included and never go over unless I am roaming and uploading tons of pix. Got a message today I am already over.

Since the new OS upgrade, my data use is 3x to 4x higher and I am doing nothing different except for one thing ... because Facebook notifications no longer come through as texts, I've been logging into the Facebook app to check periodically but not that much, and when I'm at home the phone is using wifi anyway.

Anyone else having these problems? Am going to call Bell tomorrow and complain and see what they say. When I signed a new plan and got the Q10, nobody bothered to tell me the data was no longer compressed and my data use doubled ... at that point because I complained, they added an extra MB to my plan at no cost because I argued rightfully that a substantive change like that should have been explained before I signed a new contract ... especially when I asked 'is there anything about this phone that is substantially different than my old one that I should know' and was told no.

They're making it harder and harder to stay loyal to Blackberry.
    03-15-15 02:01 AM
    Well, after your upgrade there should be some additional data usage as things are syncing and moving around presumably. As for this..

They're making it harder and harder to stay loyal to Blackberry.
    Good luck not running into a similar issue elsewhere. 2GB is what I would consider the bare minimum for any smartphone.
    03-15-15 02:36 AM
    Probably your logging in to Facebook. Facebook notifications should be pushed to the hub, and if you set up your Facebook account judiciously they don't amount for much. I get by with 300 MB per month. Most of my use is on Wi-Fi but I have 15 active accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.

Data use way up since the upgrade ... anyone else?-img_20150315_044018.png

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    03-15-15 03:46 AM
    The facebook app is by far the biggest consumer of data and ram.
    Not only for BB, also android, ios and windows.

This was tested a wile ago.
    Last edited by Mausje75; 03-15-15 at 05:34 AM.
    03-15-15 03:55 AM
    Check the setting for automatic software updates. Mine was ON again after the update while I had this OFF before. If this is ON you can't control anymore what the device does in background, it just does something.
    03-15-15 04:22 AM
    I used to have Facebook in the Hub but since the update, it isn't there anymore and not sure how to get it working again. Do I have to unload the app then re-load? I know other people mentioned on another post they were having issues with this as well.
    03-15-15 09:27 AM
    I used to have Facebook in the Hub but since the update, it isn't there anymore and not sure how to get it working again. Do I have to unload the app then re-load? I know other people mentioned on another post they were having issues with this as well.
    Just log out of Facebook and log back in and it will be ok.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    03-15-15 10:00 AM
    The facebook app is by far the biggest consumer of data and ram.
    This is user specific.

My fb app is rather far down the list in mobile data use, with my browser being highest. (4x higher than fb in my case)
    03-15-15 02:38 PM