Can you believe it?
    After so many years of begging to develop that on BB 10 OS they represent it on Android?

OK....

We must start petition for making BB 10 OS open source. Is already dead. Those "developers" can't make a single app that function on 100% level. There is outdated hardware. It's a must!

I swear to you, if we get open source, I personally will get you at least 5.1 android runtime!

"Oh, you will get us android, but we want native apps! "

Well then give me the source for free! And no, I still won't make native apps, because of APIs. Why is that? Because you can edit any android app and change API to older one without limitation and make app fully functional but NOT with blackberry!

They talk about security but if just learn something about android and their permisssionfs you will get SAME amount of security as on BB 10!

That's does it. No bb 10 OS for me until they get OS open sourced.

Posted via CB10
    Nikola Stojic likes this.
    01-11-17 03:17 PM
    Lol. Open source won't happen. The OS would be so stripped there'd be nothing left to work with but the remaining parts BlackBerry adopted from the Open Source community.
    01-11-17 03:23 PM
    Lol. Open source won't happen. The OS would be so stripped there'd be nothing left to work with but the remaining parts BlackBerry adopted from the Open Source community.
    I would left phone, sms and settings app. Then, I would call all those developers to give either they apps or ideas what to put instead of music, camera, gallery, maps, file manager app, etc....
    Then, I would make HUB ocean blue, it's soooooooo nice color.
    After that, I would make tabbed setting apps, so I can finally make some sense in order.

Ooooh, what I can do if just give it to me
    ..wide opened ;-)

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 03:30 PM
    Ooooh, what I can do if just give it to me
    ..wide opened ;-)
    With all these great ideas, one has to wonder - Where are your current BlackBerry 10 apps?
    01-11-17 03:33 PM
    With all these great ideas, one has to wonder - Where are your current BlackBerry 10 apps?
    In my head. You know why? Let me tell you...in details...

I live in Serbia. Pls, Google it.
    I run small mobile shop.
    Wow, you must think, private owner, own shop, money, villas, cars, etc. Well, on wild wild west, maybe.

In my beautiful country, I make 800e on monthly basis, and I work 12 hours.

With those 800e I need to :
    -pay my bills
    -pay gas for my car
    -pay my food
    -pay for my rent
    -pay my college (Economics)
    -pay my cost of living

And you expect from me to develop apps from closed source in my "spare time"?!

4 years I'm using 10 OS and 4 years I'm covincing people to buy blackberry devices. 4 years...

You probably think what dark hub means to me so much. Well, honestly just a small attention to buyers of those 10 OS devices and faitfull customers.

Not anymore.

Goodbye and fair well

Posted via CB10
    rolfep likes this.
    01-11-17 03:49 PM
    And again Blackberry kick the BB10 users/buyers between the legs. They still sell BB10 phones, but leave all those new owners in the cold. So Blackberry, just make a simple thing as a black Hub Also possible on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 03:59 PM
    Hahahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 04:01 PM
    One more thing. You know how to make dark hub on hub services or what it's called on Android? Unpack that apk, go to png directory (I will not tell you which), select all, invert colors, save it as apk, install it. That's Android!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 04:04 PM
    But the grey hub is ugly as hell. Don't want it on my phones. I like the white one better. I cant trust the Android one on my Motorola because there is always something that doesn't work...

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    01-11-17 04:05 PM
    But the grey hub is ugly as hell. Like the white better. I cant trust the Android one on my Motorola because there is always something that doesn't work...

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    But pure black on amoled screen, will it be perfect? And it's so simple

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 04:06 PM
    One more thing. You know how to make dark hub on hub services or what it's called on Android? Unpack that apk, go to png directory (I will not tell you which), select all, invert colors, save it as apk, install it. That's Android!

Posted via CB10
    Should be similar to BB10.
    Btw thanks Michael Clewely. He promised it.

01-11-17 04:09 PM
    And again Blackberry kick the BB10 users/buyers between the legs. They still sell BB10 phones, but leave all those new owners in the cold. So Blackberry, just make a simple thing as a black Hub Also possible on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Is it cold out there with a light HUB?
    01-11-17 04:10 PM
    BlackBerry is NOT going to open source BB10 and give away all their signing keys. Just stop please.

Continue using BB10 for as long as you wish, then don't.
    01-11-17 04:12 PM
    But if nobody will have BB in the future wat good does it for them? Unless that os is used in other things as well.

BlackBerry Leap.
    01-11-17 07:38 PM
    The problem are the shareholders. They think Android will save Blackberry phones. Only they not realize that BB10 is much better. So they sign a contract with Google, and because of that they cannot update the android later. All those choices are so stupid, because Android not bring new customers, only BB10 owners that make the switch. And now they have BB10 and Android users. Yeah, very wise... not

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-12-17 12:32 AM
    The problem are the shareholders. They think Android will save Blackberry phones. Only they not realize that BB10 is much better. So they sign a contract with Google, and because of that they cannot update the android later. All those choices are so stupid, because Android not bring new customers, only BB10 owners that make the switch. And now they have BB10 and Android users. Yeah, very wise... not

Posted via CB10
    And yet they sell even less Android devices than BB10 ones!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 03:39 AM
    Black HUB is a running joke... LoL
    Like having a wee in the bush by now who cares .. get over it it's a joke.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    01-12-17 03:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah BB10 will definitely turn BlackBerry's fortune around. Oh wait, it's what almost bankrupted the company in the first place. Hmmmm...

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    01-12-17 05:28 AM
    Yeah BB10 will definitely turn BlackBerry's fortune around. Oh wait, it's what almost bankrupted the company in the first place. Hmmmm...

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Bankrupt??? Army, police, banks, stock markets, major companies, government, etc, they all use bb os7 or 10 because of privacy and security. In 2007, our government had 200.000 bb units with os7. And we have about 8 million citizens. Now imagine Germany, France, Italy, etc...you get the bigger picture? It's not for regular customer! First blackberry that was sold here was at 2009! Why? It's cost fortune and it was considered as devices that can increase crime in southern Europe. Read below :

Oh yeah, you know who also got them? Every single big shot criminal. Why? So they can post selfies on Instagram and posts funny status on Facebook.

Bad....marketing....
    No....Development....

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 08:44 AM
    Bankrupt??? Army, police, banks, stock markets, major companies, government, etc, they all use bb os7 or 10 because of privacy and security.

Posted via CB10
    Your information is dated and/or incorrect. Very few governments and companies still use BlackBerry, and BB10 never had much uptake in these markets.

The BB10 experiment cost BlackBerry billions.

Most managed devices globally are iPhones, with Android second.
    01-12-17 08:57 AM
    Your information is dated and/or incorrect. Very few governments and companies still use BlackBerry, and BB10 never had much uptake in these markets.

The BB10 experiment cost BlackBerry billions.

Most managed devices globally are iPhones, with Android second.
    Conite, pls read carefully, I stated the exact year, and it's not 2015 or 2017.
    Also, I was in of those groups that must to use some kind of secure devices, not important which one. And yes, there was a certain contract with our government, 200.000 units per 345 euros average, and trust me, there is no way that cost of production of any of them cost more than 100e. When 10 OS came and those devices, Z10 was 450e at that time for international market. Do the math.

It's pure business, and they had peak in those years. With bb10 os,it was complete hit and miss, just because there is no single man that knew there is new bb device with new os. Not just in my country, but whole Europe, and yes, I lived in France and Germany for a while, not talking nonsense.

They had concentrated group of customers, very small group, thats why they are totaled with their 10 OS. Just imagine if they made it global for all and develop apps, trending apps, not just for business. Simple economics actually.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 09:12 AM
    And yes, there was a certain contract with our government, 200.000 units per 345 euros average, and trust me, there is no way that cost of production of any of them cost more than 100e.

Posted via CB10
    Beyond the unit costs, you have to spend hundreds of millions a year to develop, maintain, and support an OS.

BlackBerry sold every device since 2012 at a huge loss.

You can spend infinite money on marketing, but it goes nowhere when you don't have a compelling product. I liked it because I am a tinkerer and can manage the myriad of workarounds, but most people need an ecosystem that BB10 could never deliver.
    01-12-17 09:39 AM
    Beyond the unit costs, you have to spend hundreds of millions a year to develop, maintain, and support an OS.

BlackBerry sold every device since 2012 at a huge loss.

You can spend infinite money on marketing, but it goes nowhere when you don't have a compelling product. I liked it because I am a tinkerer and can manage the myriad of workarounds, but most people need an ecosystem that BB10 could never deliver.
    I believe that Nikola is saying that there was a niche market that did not need to have all of the latest social apps. Indeed, I would say most people over 40 don't mess around with many of these apps apart from Facebook even in 2017.

You have a different opinion as to whether or not BB10 was a "compelling" product than most of the people here.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-12-17 09:52 AM
    I believe that Nikola is saying that there was a niche market that did not need to have all of the latest social apps. Indeed, I would say most people over 40 don't mess around with many of these apps apart from Facebook even in 2017.

You have a different opinion as to whether or not BB10 was a "compelling" product than most of the people here.

Posted via CB10
    It was compelling to ME, that's for sure. I owed pretty much every BB10 device there was. I don't, however, believe it was a compelling product to the masses - or even would have been if BlackBerry had spent a billion dollars on advertising.

I also don't believe that this niche, "I don't need no stinkin' apps", market really exists in numbers that matter.
    01-12-17 10:04 AM
    I also don't believe that this niche, "I don't need no stinkin' apps", market really exists in numbers that matter.
    It is the song of those who can't get the apps. 99% on Crackberry might think apps are unimportant garbage for prepubescents, but the 99% on Crackberry are 0.1% of the market.

I've spent some reading time on Windows Central since I bought a Lumia, and funny how they say almost the same thing. It's like Crackberry with blue borders over there. They also hate Microsoft's CEO with fiery passion and feel that Windows Phone could turn itself around given just a little more time™.
    01-12-17 10:34 AM
47 12