Trying to install a bar file, and I get "Error - unexpected response from startupdate". I imagine this is because my Blackberry is on a BES, no?

I don't suppose there is any tool allows sideloading apps to a BB on a BES eh?
    10-28-14 09:25 AM
    Trying to install a bar file, and I get "Error - unexpected response from startupdate". I imagine this is because my Blackberry is on a BES, no?

I don't suppose there is any tool allows sideloading apps to a BB on a BES eh?
    If your BES admin has set the policy to disallow Development mode then there's no way to sideload BAR files. Even though we're not actually turning on development mode, the ability to turn it on dictates whether or not bar files can be sideloaded.
    10-28-14 09:28 AM
    Makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

I do have access to our BES admin console. Maybe I'll just move myself to a different policy.
    10-28-14 09:35 AM
    New release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqd2tkbyqu...4.0.1.rar?dl=0

fixed passport os links for 10.3.1+
    added 'blitz' package support
    added smart os/radio upgrades so only the proper ones should sideload
    added version checking for bar files so only new ones sideloaded
    options to turn on or off the previous 2 additions.
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 10-30-14 at 07:13 PM.
    1oo1, bcphung, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-30-14 05:44 PM
    Darcy, there is one option that I think every app out there that scans for new releases should have.

When a SW Version is clearly reaching that point (as the past three days) where any moment there will be live links, it would be usefull to be able to set a range of OS versions so BBtools can keep looping within a reduced range of possible downloadable releases, and alert as soon as one becomes live.

What do you think?
    10-30-14 06:33 PM
    Darcy, there is one option that I think every app out there that scans for new releases should have.

When a SW Version is clearly reaching that point (as the past three days) where any moment there will be live links, it would be usefull to be able to set a range of OS versions so BBtools can keep looping within a reduced range of possible downloadable releases, and alert as soon as one becomes live.

What do you think?
    There's just some things I don't want to do because they'd look like an attack. Imagine dozens or hundreds of people doing 4 checks per second. That's a bit much to enable that. Even though it'd be trivial to do so I'm trying to be a little respectfully of the fact they are BlackBerry servers.

Even scanning through version lookups I built in a limit.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:43 PM
    I completely agree. Had not thought of it that way.
    10-30-14 06:52 PM
    2.4.0.0 had a serious bug extracting apps, don't use. Even though for those who do programming it was a simple oops, I was basically passing a value instead of a pointer to a value. Easy to fix at least.

use 2.4.0.1

bcphung, bungaboy, thurask and 2 others like this.
    10-30-14 07:15 PM
    2.4.0.0 had a serious bug extracting apps, don't use. Even though for those who do programming it was a simple oops, I was basically passing a value instead of a pointer to a value. Easy to fix at least.

use 2.4.0.1

What does it mean in terms of end results? Apps seem to be accepted by the OS.
    10-30-14 07:20 PM
    What does it mean in terms of end results? Apps seem to be accepted by the OS.
    basically every app extracted with 2.4.0.0 would have failed to install because they were all missing basically all the files. oops. Could have still installed just fine, just not extracted.
    anon(2729369) likes this.
    10-30-14 07:27 PM
    Strangely, I wasn't affected, all 133 apps installed just fine...
    10-30-14 07:35 PM
    Hi darcy hope your well.

I've been trying to use your tool to compare the signed OS from 1133 to the signed OS from 1151 and DBBT 2.4.0.1 tells me the second file does not contain apps. I have tried to switch the files around and get the same error.
    Any advice?
    Am I making a rookie mistake?

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-23-14 05:18 AM
    Hi darcy hope your well.

I've been trying to use your tool to compare the signed OS from 1133 to the signed OS from 1151 and DBBT 2.4.0.1 tells me the second file does not contain apps. I have tried to switch the files around and get the same error.
    Any advice?

I can compare normal with autoloader
    11-23-14 06:05 AM
    I have tried to compare autoloaders for bot versions and it tells me the same thing, second file contains no apps.

11-23-14 07:33 AM
    I have tried to compare autoloaders for bot versions and it tells me the same thing, second file contains no apps.

I posted all apps on 1133 newer than 1151 another thread. You can search.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 07:52 AM
    Hi darcy hope your well.

Any advice?

Upgrade to latest version. From release notes:

2.4.1.1 minor fix in comparing files where it'd give a message saying there were no apps, but really there were, but you could compare anyways so the error was pointless.

Posted via CB10
    JamieWilson01 likes this.
    11-23-14 09:12 AM
    Thanks Darcy.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    11-24-14 02:33 PM
    Feature request
    Ability to load a list of files to delete in order to make it easy to shrink an OS
    11-25-14 10:15 AM
    2.5 released

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rll45922q4...5.0.0.rar?dl=0

Added: List and delete apps on the phone.
    Added: Advanced feature - Automation of deleting apps and ignoring apps during install. 2 seperate lists, but they can use the same syntax. It goes line by line until a match is made then stops looking, so they have to be entered in the proper order.

Note: The main reasons for this are if you've trimmed your install and want to use a blitz installer to upgrade then it can ignore the apps you've already deleted and make for a faster install without first having to break apart the blitz. Or if you use autoloaders frequently and just want a quick way to delete the same apps every time.

Example (with explanations - note that I live in Canada so for english I keep both US and Canda/Great Britain versions in this list):

!sys.data.imf.root (never ignore/delete this)
    !sys.data.imf.en_US (never ignore/delete the english file)
    sys.data.imf (but now delete/ignore all the other imf files)
    !sys.data.nuance_ve.EN (never ignore/delete the english files)
    !sys.data.nuance_ve.common (never ignore/delete this app)
    !sys.data.nuance_vocon.eng (never ignore/delete the english files)
    !sys.data.nuance_vocon.enu (never ignore/delete the english files)
    sys.data.nuance (but now we can ignore/delete the rest of the nuance files)
    sys.retaildemo (always ignore this when doing installs, or always delete retaildemo)
    sys.firstlaunch

Of course if there's any issues, or suggestions for improvement, let me know.
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 12-04-14 at 08:06 AM.
    Sator, moody, thurask and 7 others like this.
    12-03-14 08:57 AM
    big thanks to Darcy, Great job
    12-30-14 04:10 AM
    I've finally found time to test this new delete feature. Great job, it's a real time saver .
    More requests! :
    • Ability to backup that "shrink" file. I know it's a text file, but it lives in the app's folder which gets deleted when a new release comes out
    • Show which files cannot be deleted and maybe auto-comment out?
    • Refresh after the deletion process is complete, so that we're not puzzled because apps are still there
    • Have the possibilty to use the same mechanism for installs. Someone publishes a list of working bars and we paste the list instead of having to download all the files again since we probably already have them all.
    • Consolidate both the delete and ignore lists into one file. If I choose to delete them, I don't want the next update to re-install them

And the "Only install newer" feature doesn't work. Not sure if it's a phone or an app problem.
    Last edited by ofutur; 12-30-14 at 05:02 PM.
    12-30-14 04:28 PM
    I've finally found time to test this new delete feature. Great job, it's a real time saver .
    More requests! :
    Ability to backup that "shrink" file. I know it's a text file, but it lives in the app's folder which gets deleted when a new release comes out
    Shouldn't be a need for that, the releases won't actually include this file so it will never be overwritten.

Show which files cannot be deleted and maybe auto-comment out?
    Hard to do, getting info from the device it doesn't actually say which apps are permanent and which aren't. So I can't flag them. in any case a permanent app will just be skipped if you try delete it.

Refresh after the deletion process is complete, so that we're not puzzled because apps are still there
    Fixed - I was doing a refresh, but missed a step - get the new list from the phone before updating the GUI.

Have the possibilty to use the same mechanism for installs. Someone publishes a list of working bars and we paste the list instead of having to download all the files again since we probably already have them all.
    I'll think on that and how to do it. since it's a one-time thing it'd likely be a copy/paste type operation

Consolidate both the delete and ignore lists into one file. If I choose to delete them, I don't want the next update to re-install them
    Done - I also couldn't see many reasons to keep the lists separate

And the "Only install newer" feature doesn't work. Not sure if it's a phone or an app problem.
    Also Fixed

Also added delete progress indicator "Deleting app 15 of 38" type thing. Not much else can be done for that.

All this should be fixed in version 2.5.0.2
    SCrid2000, Sator, tryfe and 2 others like this.
    01-01-15 01:07 PM
    Also added delete progress indicator "Deleting app 15 of 38" type thing. Not much else can be done for that.
    This auto-delete thing is bloody genius! After every auto-loader install I thought there must be a way to automate stripping out all those language files and few of the other things I don't want. I'm cleaning up my fresh .1949 install right now and it is working great! Thanks for your continued contributions to this community!
    01-05-15 11:56 AM
    Shouldn't be a need for that, the releases won't actually include this file so it will never be overwritten.

Hard to do, getting info from the device it doesn't actually say which apps are permanent and which aren't. So I can't flag them. in any case a permanent app will just be skipped if you try delete it.

Fixed - I was doing a refresh, but missed a step - get the new list from the phone before updating the GUI.

I'll think on that and how to do it. since it's a one-time thing it'd likely be a copy/paste type operation

Also Fixed

All this should be fixed in version 2.5.0.2
    You are a beast!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 12:11 PM
    > For Windows computers only, no Mac or Linux support because it's programmed in C#.

1. How do you think, is it possible port your app to Mac/Linux for Mono?
    2. Could you please share the source files? (if this acceptable for you)

Thanks
    01-07-15 04:24 AM
346 12345 ...