Sorry to say I do not believe that the hardware always varies between 2 variants. For most androids, a difference in the supported radio bands does not result in any hardware difference but only the firmware.

Such modification may not have been explored for the BlackBerry's but that's another thing and not different hardware.
    Well, it's different hardware on BB10.

Certainly completely inaccessible firmware at the VERY least.
    12-24-17 06:12 PM
    Well, it's different hardware on BB10.

Certainly completely inaccessible firmware at the VERY least.
    Possible to share how this was verified/concluded for BB10? Thanks
    12-24-17 06:14 PM
    Sorry to say I do not believe that the hardware always varies between 2 variants. For most androids, a difference in the supported radio bands does not result in any hardware difference but only the firmware.

Such modification may not have been explored for the BlackBerry's but that's another thing and not different hardware.
    That's incorrect. Android also has hardware variants that can't be changed, Verizon has historically required their branded devices to require legacy CDMA radios and LTE band 13, while other variants have other radio bands to support GSM carriers. That's the whole point of "variant". Because they vary.
    12-25-17 07:56 AM
    That's incorrect. Android also has hardware variants that can't be changed, Verizon has historically required their branded devices to require legacy CDMA radios and LTE band 13, while other variants have other radio bands to support GSM carriers. That's the whole point of "variant". Because they vary.
    Yes for instance HTC M8 AT&T and Verizon variants differ that way. But all the other M8 variants are the same HW. Any possibility that any variant modification method is available for the Classic? Thanks.
    12-25-17 08:05 AM
    Yes for instance HTC M8 AT&T and Verizon variants differ that way. But all the other M8 variants are the same HW. Any possibility that any variant modification method is available for the Classic? Thanks.
    No. None. Zero. Full stop.
    12-25-17 08:16 AM
    Thanks for confirming this. I wished to unlock UMTS 900 for my Classic but that seems impossible for now.
    12-25-17 08:20 AM
    Does this also backup apps? I want to transfer apps no longer on BBW from my old device to my new one.
    02-10-18 03:31 PM
    I am having some major issues connecting to Darcy Tools.

This is the error message I get:
    "root element missing"

Here is my bug file

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: s
    at System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
    at DBBTool.BBTool.loaddeviceinfo()
    at DBBTool.BBTool.DeviceInfoRefresh_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

A little background.
    Many of my core apps stop functioning
    BBM
    Settings
    Wifi / Mobile access
    Accounts

I can access email, contacts, maps

I am trying to sideload my settings app which hopefully with fix the problem.
    My passport is not connecting to Sachesi nor Darcy.

Any suggestions
    04-02-18 10:45 PM
    This is a question regarding DBBT. Since the last comment about it was unanswered and Im curious if its still working for BB 10 OS in 2021.

Since the first post is from 2014 and I cant seem to find anything about it on YouTube besides a older video on the backup prossess which isnt the greatest.

My main question is. Does this still work reliably?
    06-20-21 07:30 PM
    This is a question regarding DBBT. Since the last comment about it was unanswered and Im curious if its still working for BB 10 OS in 2021.

Since the first post is from 2014 and I cant seem to find anything about it on YouTube besides a older video on the backup prossess which isnt the greatest.

It still works for me.

I just built a new Win10 system last month, and I can still use DBBT with my Z10 right now on the last OS BlackBerry put out.

I don't know what the issue was with the post above, but I suppose the reason it wasn't answered was because no one else had that issue, so there was no answer to give. But the program has been mentioned many times in other threads here.
    MadMax636 likes this.
    06-21-21 09:30 AM

Yes, still works reliably.
    MadMax636 likes this.
    06-21-21 01:15 PM
    I just tried to install CacheTube on my Z30 and it failed. The failure message was "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Installation Complete" It worked yesterday on my other BB; is there a setting on this phone I should reset?
    03-09-22 05:43 PM
    hello I have to have a password somehow, where does that come from???
    04-11-22 09:13 AM
    hello I have to have a password somehow, where does that come from???
    When you try to connect to your device? It's your device password.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-11-22 10:17 AM
    Hi,

I have a problem with my Q10. I cannot backup my phone using Darcy's BBTools. It starts and seems to work but suddenly stops with ''Backup failed''. What to do?

Thanks for help.
    05-08-22 01:04 PM
    Hi,

I have a problem with my Q10. I cannot backup my phone using Darcy's BBTools. It starts and seems to work but suddenly stops with ''Backup failed''. What to do?

Thanks for help.
    Darcy's Tools using the same BBID System that BlackBerry LINK uses to allow secure backups.... no BBID System, no using LINK or the 3rd solutions that just bug off of it.
    IK5FEV likes this.
    05-09-22 10:39 AM
    Darcy's Tools using the same BBID System that BlackBerry LINK uses to allow secure backups.... no BBID System, no using LINK or the 3rd solutions that just bug off of it.
    So, is there ANY way to backup Q10 even without ID?
    05-11-22 03:48 AM
    So, is there ANY way to backup Q10 even without ID?
    No.

But you can use a third party paid app to do some things.

http://runisoft.com/index.php?option...=78&Itemid=485
    IK5FEV likes this.
    05-11-22 11:34 AM
    No.

But you can use a third party paid app to do some things.

Buy Ultimate Backup For BlackBerry 10
    REALLY amazing! Thank you so much, conite! It works 100/100!

Ciao
    05-18-22 10:49 AM
    Hey guys, is there any way to extract the already installed bar apps on one phone and move them to another?
    Also for a Q10 without the ID, any way to "trick" the phone into thinking that the ID setup has been performed?
    Thanks!
    09-25-22 06:05 AM
    Hey guys, is there any way to extract the already installed bar apps on one phone and move them to another?
    Also for a Q10 without the ID, any way to "trick" the phone into thinking that the ID setup has been performed?
    Thanks!
    No and no.
    09-25-22 01:08 PM
    Can the developers supply the bar files themselves? I think this is the case but not sure. Ie, long ago when BB approved the apps they signed them and gave copies back to whoever developed them. Just wondering what the process was.
    09-25-22 01:34 PM
    Can the developers supply the bar files themselves? I think this is the case but not sure. Ie, long ago when BB approved the apps they signed them and gave copies back to whoever developed them. Just wondering what the process was.
    For around a year or prior to the BlackBerry World shutdown, there was a effort to get bar files from all the developers that could still be contacted at the time.

Some did make them available, and all the ones that did are all available in Conite's Native BB10 app archive. Search the forums. I think it's a sticky in the BB10 Apps section.

What's there is all anyone could get. And many different forum members contacted all the developers they could.
    09-25-22 04:04 PM
    For around a year or prior to the BlackBerry World shutdown, there was a effort to get bar files from all the developers that could still be contacted at the time.

Some did make them available, and all the ones that did are all available in Conite's Native BB10 app archive. Search the forums. I think it's a sticky in the BB10 Apps section.

What's there is all anyone could get. And many different forum members contacted all the developers they could.
    About what I surmised then. I got Conite's spreadsheet and refresh it from time to time since new bar files pop up now and again. I wish I'd sat up till midnight grabbing stuff before the shutdown but oh well. BB World perhaps was attenuated that last few years; when I searched for things I never seemed to find much.

There are a few I like, Fongo, NavMii, Parrot, where I've thought of contacting them but don't know if that would be pestering.
    09-25-22 04:48 PM
    About what I surmised then. I got Conite's spreadsheet and refresh it from time to time since new bar files pop up now and again. I wish I'd sat up till midnight grabbing stuff before the shutdown but oh well. BB World perhaps was attenuated that last few years; when I searched for things I never seemed to find much.

There are a few I like, Fongo, NavMii, Parrot, where I've thought of contacting them but don't know if that would be pestering.
    I was one member who contacted several (12-14) BB10 devs but really had no luck in getting any bar files. I was especially interested, of course being the selfish one, in getting apps that I used. Since I could not get them released, I decided NOT to remove my BBID and autoload. Turns out that was a good decision for me as I have all my native apps that are no longer available.
    09-25-22 05:22 PM
346 ... 11121314