You so rock! Thanks a whole bunch!
    07-04-13 09:04 AM
    Hey,is it possible to generate Upgrade BAR's using this utility

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:37 AM
    Hey,is it possible to generate Upgrade BAR's using this utility

Posted via CB10
    No, there's currently no way known to create upgrade bars from the signed files. Blackberry has that locked down quite well.
    07-04-13 09:46 AM
    No, there's currently no way known to create upgrade bars from the signed files. Blackberry has that locked down quite well.
    I need clarification over this. If an OS.signed contains the core OS and all the system bar files. Why isn't possible to extract the core OS itself as part of the extracts when extracting .bars from an OS.signed file using Darcy's BBTool or Sachup? That question has been bugging mind.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    07-04-13 10:26 AM
    I need clarification over this. If an OS.signed contains the core OS and all the system bar files. Why isn't possible to extract the core OS itself as part of the extracts when extracting .bars from an OS.signed file using Darcy's BBTool or Sachup? That question has been bugging mind.

The .signed file for both a core OS and for the full OS is only different by 1 section. There's 6 sections in the full, and only 5 in the core. The one sections is the user partition (apps and so on). So when you load the full it obviously overwrites what you have in the user partition, where the core OS leaves that partition alone.

The problem is that the .signed files are signed (hence the extension) to prevent any form of tampering at all. The way the system works is that the signing can only happen with the private key which is kept by blackberry, but the verification can happen without it. So when loading a signed file it verifies that it hasn't been tampered with. So attempting to modify a full OS .signed to just a Core OS .signed isn't possible, or at least noone has figured it out and made it public yet. I did only look at it briefly.

Now to create a bar file from a signed file it's the same situation, only done a bit differently. The .signed file is still in the bar, and it's the same file, but there's yet another layer of signing that a bar file requires that cannot be recreated. Again the signature can only be created using a private key, but can be verified without it.
    Sator and dustmalik like this.
    07-04-13 11:18 AM
    Stickied
    FuriousK and hadashi like this.
    07-06-13 09:36 AM
    Updated with the ability to select which apps you want to extract. And a few speed improvements too (more will come as I've just figured out the signed file format, so less scanning through the file, more jumping straight to where I want to be.)
    djenkins6, dustmalik and Sator like this.
    07-07-13 01:22 PM
    Great work man. Well done.

07-07-13 05:21 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:10 PM
    Added ability to Compare two autoloaders to see what apps have changed, and then extract selected apps. This is based on the manifest version numbers.

Attachment 181287
    lyricidal and wu-wei like this.
    07-10-13 07:42 PM
    Added ability to Compare two autoloaders to see what apps have changed, and then extract selected apps. This is based on the manifest version numbers.

Attachment 181287
    You continue to amaze me DTC - thumbs up for all you do

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:45 PM
    mega saying "temporarily unavailable" :-(
    07-10-13 07:47 PM
    Let's see how my dropbox handles this, will update OP too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cv1n7ttu5...y10%2C2013.zip
    najawah, dustmalik and zilla0617 like this.
    07-10-13 07:51 PM
    Added ability to Compare two autoloaders to see what apps have changed, and then extract selected apps. This is based on the manifest version numbers.Attachment 181287
    Woohoo!
    07-10-13 07:51 PM
    Woohoo!
    I'm liking that as well!! Props for the quality addition!
    07-12-13 05:41 PM
    Yes thanks a lot man. These features are such a time saver!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:26 PM
    Updated with some speed improvements, but no new features. Tried to tidy up the extraction screen a little because it was getting cluttered. The UI is still ugly, but it works.
    wu-wei and LP_Rigg like this.
    07-13-13 12:09 PM

Attachment 181287
    This is an awesome add-on!!! Mecca and I have been spending a lot of time lately comparing and swapping different bar files to try and compensate for bugs found in all of the 10.2 leaks so far. This makes it a lot easier!!! :-D
    07-14-13 07:49 AM
    Updated to detect pin block files. But can't re-add a block file back into an autoloader, just don't see the need to allow that at this time.

Remember that most people do not need to worry about having their pin blocked unless you have a pre-release device or a stolen device. Even at that I'm sure the block list can be updated OTA so the only way to avoid block lists is to never turn your phone on.
    07-15-13 01:24 PM
    Updated to detect pin block files. But can't re-add a block file back into an autoloader, just don't see the need to allow that at this time.

Remember that most people do not need to worry about having their pin blocked unless you have a pre-release device or a stolen device. Even at that I'm sure the block list can be updated OTA so the only way to avoid block lists is to never turn your phone on.
    Sorry if ths is a noob question but is there a way to remove that "device pin blocked" message from the autoloader. Cause besides that pop up message the device functions well. Or at least is it possible to make it such that after installation we bypass the checking for updates stage cause that's where it confirm the device has been blocked. A lot of people have been ripped of by buying blocked pin z10 unknowingly. It'd help a lot.
    07-15-13 05:53 PM
    Best way is to split the autoloader then rebuild it with only the standard 2 parts. The OS and radio. One way or another though, blackberry will disable the devices eventually.

Sorry if ths is a noob question but is there a way to remove that "device pin blocked" message from the autoloader. Cause besides that pop up message the device functions well. Or at least is it possible to make it such that after installation we bypass the checking for updates stage cause that's where it confirm the device has been blocked. A lot of people have been ripped of by buying blocked pin z10 unknowingly. It'd help a lot.
    07-15-13 06:00 PM
    Oh,just reread. You mean something the carriers have that just prevents official upgrades. I thought it was another question about the pin block list in 4633.

Nothing can likely be done about that.

07-15-13 06:02 PM
    Oh,just reread. You mean something the carriers have that just prevents official upgrades. I thought it was another question about the pin block list in 4633.

Nothing can likely be done about that.
    Actually you answered both questions. I was referring to the pin blocked devices. What I mean is the update after initial setup. Can that be bypassed.

What actually happens in the "device pin blocked" devices is that everything in the phone functions OK. Email and calls come through and you can even answer the phone. But after you hangup the message appears again so you can't actually see what's happening behind.
    07-15-13 06:14 PM
    Darcy, I just tried out your tool for the first time today... It is great! Thank you for all of your hard work developing it... now I just have to figure out how to use it all!
    07-15-13 07:21 PM
    wow this software is on point. so how do i search for the blocked pin list. where is it in the fs-os folder.
    07-16-13 10:06 AM
214 12345 ...