This may be a dumb question, and I haven't tried it (I guess I could) -- but to make a bar file from a signed file. What's the compression algorithm? It wouldn't be something as simple as compressing it as a rar and renaming it, would it? (you know, because they rhyme...) ;-)
    A bar file is literally just a renamed ZIP file, but there's two files (out of the 5 or so added in there) that contain signatures that just can't be recreated and without those you can't create a working bar from a signed file.

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    07-01-13 10:56 PM
    Zip of all carrier wallpapers thanks to Darcy's tool:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lashes-824503/

A bar file is literally just a renamed ZIP file, but there's two files (out of the 5 or so added in there) that contain signatures that just can't be recreated and without those you can't create a working bar from a signed file.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Even though I knew it was futile, I spent 30 minutes trying to repackage the TMobile splashscreen bar lol. Can't resign it either
    eninrebmun and FuriousK like this.
    07-01-13 11:49 PM
    Yup. Even though I knew it was futile, I spent 30 minutes trying to repackage the TMobile splashscreen bar lol. Can't resign it either
    Posted via CB10
    I suspected it was simple, yet not. They get you so close. You can extract anything with 7-Zip, et al., but then you run up against some nice crypto in those tarballs in your *bbb file. So close. :/

I was trying to help a guy who already had a packed autoloader, but didn't want to do the full restore, and wanted to use Sachibar instead. I said getting the *signed files out of it wasn't an issue, but I didn't know what to tell him about making bar files. I just said go get fresh bars with Sachup. Seemed simplest.
    07-02-13 12:46 AM
    One use of this was to compare radio files to see about compatability.

We all know that STL100 2, 3, and 4 are interchangable, but did we know why? I downloaded 10.2.0.341DEV for all 3 of these and a quick comparison actually shows 2 and 3 are literally identical, and the difference between 2+3 and 4 is one line in one file basically

in radio.tdf there's

2+3
    BOARD_CONFIG="qc8960"

BOARD_CONFIG="qc8960-omadm"

omadm is a device management protocol just added on top of the radio.

OMA Device Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the only place it appears that it's used is in a file called startup_variables where it ends up both call the same binary radio file..

case "$RADIO_BOARD_CONFIG" in
    ---cut out irrelevant lines---
    *)
    DCONF_DEVNP_BINARY="${RADIOFS}/lib/libdevnp-msm_v1.so"
    ;;
    esac

Now that doesn't mean that some executable file can't read the environment variable to see if it needs the omadm extensions, or maybe the executable file will auto-detect if omadm is in use.

In the wallpaper BAR file there's a fs1.rcfs file which you can extract all the wallpapers from. Just might have to change the extensions to jpg.

And if you extract the OS.RCFS there's a bunch of BAR files in the seed directory which contain things like carrier's default backgrounds and splash screens. If you load one of those BAR files via sachibar with a splash screen, when you shut down your phone you'll get that other carrier's splash screen. But when the phone restarts you'll just be back to your own carrier's splash screen. There might be other side effects of doing this though, so use caution.

In the OS there's a scripts directory which can give some insight into how backups are done.
    English Pls. Lol Great Job

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 12:47 AM
    Darcy, you are not just tall, but great as well! thanks for your time that you put into it

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    07-02-13 12:58 AM
    A bar file is literally just a renamed ZIP file, but there's two files (out of the 5 or so added in there) that contain signatures that just can't be recreated and without those you can't create a working bar from a signed file. Posted via CB10
    You can recreate a working bar by zipping all the files and renaming the zip to a bar, but only if nothing is changed (I know you know that because that's part of what your tool does lol, but wanted to mention that for other people who read the thread who might be confused by that statement).
    07-02-13 01:01 AM
    Darn, I knew I was forgetting something. I forgot the cool name. I also don't have a cool icon.

Now that you mention it, it is a dorky name, to quote my father in law's speech at my wedding "Who would name their kid Darcy anyway?" (long story... the inlaws couldn't remember my name when I first started dating my wife so they just called me Harold).

Well, it has been released already so the name likely won't change, but anyone with a cool icon that I can use please let me know, I may even change my avatar to match. Please nothing involving giraffes...

Posted via CB10
    LOLOLOLOLOL!! >>nothing involving Giraffes*

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:06 AM
    DarcyTallGuy
    Nice work!! Thank's.... But how about version for mac os?
    07-02-13 01:17 AM
    Nice share aplication
    07-02-13 01:26 AM
    Thanks again Darcy, You Rock
    This is a combination of all the tools that I've put together so far.

July 1st, 2013
    https://mega.co.nz/#!EVcDDADA!UxIEfX...kiR8wL0c8HywOw

Backup Manager - for changing the version numbers stored in backup files
    File Extraction -
    - Extract App Bar files directly from autoloader or from signed files.
    - Extract user partition (apps) from autoloader or from signed files.
    - Extract signed files from an autoloader, and if you just want the radio file there's an option for that.
    - Extract Radio and OS partitions (first extract the RCFS file from the Signed or autoloader, then extract from RCFS)
    - Verify BAR files - This actually checks the integrity of the BAR file by comparing each file against it's SHA hash in the Manifest.MF file.
    - Extract BAR file to get the contents of a BAR file
    Build Autoloader - build your own autoloader with up to the maximum of 6 signed files.

Status indicators have been added to everything including the backup modification so there's visible indicators of progress. You can also drag and drop files to make things easier.

Attachment 178009
    Attachment 178010
    Attachment 178011

Revision History
    July 1st, 2013 - initial release
    07-02-13 04:34 AM
    Thanks Darcy, this is a great contribution to addiction of us Crackberry leak nuts. Thanks for creating these tools and making them available.
    07-02-13 06:19 AM
    I whipped up an icon quickly, here you are.
    Darcy's Blackberry Tools-blackberrytools.png
    Thanks for an awesome program!
    P.S: I wasn't sure of the icon size necessary, PM me if it is too big. (If you decide to use it, that is...)
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 07-02-13 at 07:06 AM.
    DarcyTallGuy likes this.
    07-02-13 06:49 AM
    awesome darcy, many thanks!
    07-02-13 06:55 AM
    I whipped up an icon quickly, here you are.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberrytools.png 
Views:	1112 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	178206
    Thanks for an awesome program!
    P.S: I wasn't sure of the icon size necessary, PM me if it is too big. (If you decide to use it, that is...)
    That was a good start thanks, but I didn't want to use the blackberry icon directly so I made some minor modifications.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-02-13 09:48 AM
    So with this, after extracting os/radio rcf files can we den get them to BAR format to sideload them?
    07-02-13 10:42 AM
    The RCFS files for the os/radio contain the actual files that are in the radio/os. There's binary files, like much of the standard linux command line tools, some config files, a few script files. Mainly they give some insight into how things work. The rcfs file contents are more for the curious than anything practical.

The Os does contain a few bar files within it, but again those are more of a curiosity than anything useful.

The OS/Radio are where they've always been, either use an autoloader if you've only got the signed files, or retrieve the bar using sachup if it's available.
    anon(1544756) likes this.
    07-02-13 11:32 AM
    Darcy, I need to find the file for BlackBerry services, I can't find a difference between Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.483 extracted apps, and 10.1.0.4285 extracted apps

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:59 PM
    I'm not in front of a computer so can't look it up right now. But you'd likely need to compare os files if it's not part of an app.

Even if we found it in the OS files there's not much that can be done. Those files can't be altered.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:59 PM
    Anyone having trouble downloading this from MEGA?

Weird stuff happening...downloads and stop for 5min...then goes again...and then just stops...

Alternative link maybe?
    07-03-13 05:43 AM

Weird stuff happening...downloads and stop for 5min...then goes again...and then just stops...

Alternative link maybe?
    Use Google Chrome

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    07-03-13 05:57 AM
    Use Google Chrome

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Tried Mozilla and Chrome, same issue....
    07-03-13 06:11 AM
    Got a name for your consideration.
    Darcy's Tool bOX = DeTOX
    07-03-13 10:50 AM
    Thanks Darcy, Haven't learned this much in quite a while. You are a great person for taking the time to inform us all. You Rock.
    07-03-13 01:07 PM
    Try it late at night...Downloads faster as Mega isn't accessed as much it seems.

Alternative link maybe?
    07-03-13 01:09 PM
    Thanks Darcy!!!
    07-03-13 01:14 PM
214 1234 ...