This is a combination of all the tools that I've put together so far for Windows (requires .NET Framework 4 which is included in Windows 8 and up but is obtainable for XP, Vista and 7)

Sorry, no more downloads. I'm done.

Backup Manager - for changing the version numbers stored in backup files. If Link sends the backup to your device this tool worked, it doesn't guarantee that the device will restore all your data successfully.
    File Extraction -
    - Extract App Bar files directly from autoloader or from signed files.
    - Extract user partition (apps) from autoloader or from signed files.
    - Extract signed files from an autoloader, and if you just want the radio file there's an option for that.
    - Extract Radio and OS partitions (first extract the RCFS file from the Signed or autoloader, then extract from RCFS)
    - Verify BAR files - This actually checks the integrity of the BAR file by comparing each file against it's SHA hash in the Manifest.MF file.
    - Extract BAR file to get the contents of a BAR file
    Build Autoloader - build your own autoloader with up to the maximum of 6 signed files.
    - Compare Apps in an OS, pick 2 autoloaders, or signed files, and compare the apps in them
    - Calculate hashes for files, can be used to verify files are the same. To verify a file it's usually sufficient to pick just one method and compare the result with the provided hash value.
    - Check for OS updates
    - Calculate eScreen codes

Status indicators have been added to everything including the backup modification so there's visible indicators of progress. You can also drag and drop files to make things easier.

Darcy's Blackberry Tools-extract.png
    Darcy's Blackberry Tools-selectapps.png
    Darcy's Blackberry Tools-dbbtoolautoload.png
    Darcy's Blackberry Tools-compare.png

Revision History

Nov 12, 2013 (1.5.1.1) - bug fix in backup version changing for backups over 4GB in size
    Oct 19, 2013 (1.5.1.0) - now with escreen code gen. Mainly because I kept misplacing the html version I had so I integrated it here.
    Oct 10, 2013 (1.5.0.9) - minor fixes to software version look up functions
    Oct 6, 2013 (1.5.0.8) - minor fix with extracting specific apps from the compare screen.
    Oct 3, 2013 (1.5.0.7) - fixed one null exception bug in upgrade checking. Minor.
    Sept 28th, 2013 (1.5.0.6) - fixed a bug introduced in previous version with checking for updates
    Sept 27th, 2013 (1.5.0.5) - few minor fixes, but I'm really doing most of the changes on how to detect if a phone is plugged in and how to connect as quickly as possible, and detect if the phone is unplugged too.
    Sept 26th, 2013 (1.5.0.2) - ok, heres a real change, instead of just calling cap to create an autoloader, I finally got un-lazy and put the loader together myself. It really wasn't too hard, just calling cap was easier so thats what I did until I could get back around to fixing it.
    Sept 25th, 2013 (1.5.0.1) - Really minor bugfixes, but a start to communicating with the phone. Doesn't do anything except display your phone model and pin. Like totally awsome eh? Does anyone ever read this far? I just upped the version number because we all like bigger numbers.
    Sept 17th, 2013 (1.4.0.2) - Minor change to not keep a file lock on the Link config file so Link doesn't crash on startup in some specific cases. Also added the Beta server checks for updates.
    Sept 12th, 2013 (1.4.0.1) - Just improvements on file hashes, calculates hashes simultaneously now instead of one after another, added progress indicator, and ability to cancel.
    Sept 9th, 2013 (1.4.0.0) - Now with Corflower Blue background, specifically for wu-wei. Also added update checking, but who cares, we get cornflower blue!
    Sept 1st, 2013 (1.3.0.1) - saves hashes, and split up OS/Radio filesystem saving.
    Aug 21st, 2013 (1.3.0.0) - some bugfixes, added CRC verification for Signed files. It's an advanced feature, If you don't know what it's for you won't ever need it. It was only added because it was actually needed today by me.
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 12-07-13 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Farewell
    07-01-13 04:10 PM
    One use of this was to compare radio files to see about compatability.

We all know that STL100 2, 3, and 4 are interchangable, but did we know why? I downloaded 10.2.0.341DEV for all 3 of these and a quick comparison actually shows 2 and 3 are literally identical, and the difference between 2+3 and 4 is one line in one file basically

in radio.tdf there's

2+3
    BOARD_CONFIG="qc8960"

BOARD_CONFIG="qc8960-omadm"

omadm is a device management protocol just added on top of the radio.

OMA Device Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the only place it appears that it's used is in a file called startup_variables where it ends up both call the same binary radio file..

case "$RADIO_BOARD_CONFIG" in
    ---cut out irrelevant lines---
    *)
    DCONF_DEVNP_BINARY="${RADIOFS}/lib/libdevnp-msm_v1.so"
    ;;
    esac

Now that doesn't mean that some executable file can't read the environment variable to see if it needs the omadm extensions, or maybe the executable file will auto-detect if omadm is in use.

In the wallpaper BAR file there's a fs1.rcfs file which you can extract all the wallpapers from. Just might have to change the extensions to jpg.

And if you extract the OS.RCFS there's a bunch of BAR files in the seed directory which contain things like carrier's default backgrounds and splash screens. If you load one of those BAR files via sachibar with a splash screen, when you shut down your phone you'll get that other carrier's splash screen. But when the phone restarts you'll just be back to your own carrier's splash screen. There might be other side effects of doing this though, so use caution.

In the OS there's a scripts directory which can give some insight into how backups are done.
    nag3, eninrebmun, marcati and 14 others like this.
    07-01-13 04:10 PM
    thanks darcy for ur effort and time making this handy for everyone
    07-01-13 04:43 PM
    Awesome work, still have to try it out. Busy working on getting this app built

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-01-13 05:03 PM
    Great work Darcy. Please are these collection of tools compatible with STL 100-1 autoloaders and .signed images?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    07-01-13 05:26 PM
    Every one I've tried works, including playbook images. Not saying it works for everything, but it does for those I've tried. If it doesn't work, send me a link to download the file it doesn't work on and I'll make it work.

Great work Darcy. Please are these collection of tools compatible with STL 100-1 autoloaders and .signed images?

07-01-13 05:35 PM
    Been working awesome. Thank Darcy.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:22 PM
    Kudos DarcyTallGuy!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:04 PM
    One use of this was to compare radio files to see about compatability.

We all know that STL100 2, 3, and 4 are interchangable, but did we know why? I downloaded 10.2.0.341DEV for all 3 of these and a quick comparison actually shows 2 and 3 are literally identical, and the difference between 2+3 and 4 is one line in one file basically

in radio.tdf there's

2+3
    BOARD_CONFIG="qc8960"

BOARD_CONFIG="qc8960-omadm"

omadm is a device management protocol just added on top of the radio.

OMA Device Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the only place it appears that it's used is in a file called startup_variables where it ends up both call the same binary radio file..

case "$RADIO_BOARD_CONFIG" in
    ---cut out irrelevant lines---
    *)
    DCONF_DEVNP_BINARY="${RADIOFS}/lib/libdevnp-msm_v1.so"
    ;;
    esac

Now that doesn't mean that some executable file can't read the environment variable to see if it needs the omadm extensions, or maybe the executable file will auto-detect if omadm is in use.

In the wallpaper BAR file there's a fs1.rcfs file which you can extract all the wallpapers from. Just might have to change the extensions to jpg.

And if you extract the OS.RCFS there's a bunch of BAR files in the seed directory which contain things like carrier's default backgrounds and splash screens. If you load one of those BAR files via sachibar with a splash screen, when you shut down your phone you'll get that other carrier's splash screen. But when the phone restarts you'll just be back to your own carrier's splash screen. There might be other side effects of doing this though, so use caution.

In the OS there's a scripts directory which can give some insight into how backups are done.
    Thank you Darcy for your contributions.

I wonder if this will allow us to load personalized splash screens.

Perhaps loading the have with the carriers filename. This is something I used to do to hack the navigation system on my acura mdx before they implemented image import.

I would pull an image from the navigation DVD and repack it with my wallpaper and just load it back in. All I had to do was match the image specs to get it to read correctly.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    07-01-13 07:04 PM
    07-01-13 07:43 PM
    Awesome..., thanks Darcy

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-01-13 08:05 PM
    Thanks Darcy!

Posted via Limited Edition BlackBerry 10
    07-01-13 08:18 PM
    Gonna be usefull apps for us. Thanks Darcy

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:15 PM
    Every one I've tried works, including playbook images. Not saying it works for everything, but it does for those I've tried. If it doesn't work, send me a link to download the file it doesn't work on and I'll make it work.
    I just want to say your tool is AWESOME. I tested all the features on a couple of STL 100-1 OS 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 dev autoloaders and .signed images, and everything works perfectly. Thanks for this awesome all in one tool. Great job.

07-01-13 09:18 PM
    You're taking some of the sport out of this... but I am not complaining. ;-)
    Thanks!
    07-01-13 09:25 PM
    I just want to say your tool is AWESOME. I tested all the features on a couple of STL 100-1 OS 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 dev autoloaders and .signed images, and everything works perfectly. Thanks for this awesome all in one tool. Great job.

Glad to hear it's working for you.

I tried to make it resilient to change. Pb and bb10 are slightly different so it tries those 2 variants first, but failing that it actually scans the whole autoloader/signed and attempts to adapt. If so it'll say it is scanning for the root directory. Otherwise it's found things as planned.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-01-13 09:35 PM
    Awesome work - much appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:37 PM
    Awesome work, still have to try it out. Busy working on getting this app built

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1
    What app are you working on? I didn't know you where a dev also. Just thought you were a smart guy who loved to mess around with software and loved BB. Have you developed other apps?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:39 PM
    Darcy, you the man!! Thanks for this!! ;-)
    07-01-13 09:40 PM
    "Darcy's BBTools"...??? That's not working for me, man!!

How about D.A.R.M.A. - Darcy's Awesomest Radical Multi-tool Application???

D.A.R.M.A. sounds cooler. All in favor....
    Sator, marcho11, pili4 and 3 others like this.
    07-01-13 10:10 PM

LOL - I would sign off on the name change

Posted via CB10
    marcati and Mecca EL like this.
    07-01-13 10:12 PM

Darn, I knew I was forgetting something. I forgot the cool name. I also don't have a cool icon.

Now that you mention it, it is a dorky name, to quote my father in law's speech at my wedding "Who would name their kid Darcy anyway?" (long story... the inlaws couldn't remember my name when I first started dating my wife so they just called me Harold).

Well, it has been released already so the name likely won't change, but anyone with a cool icon that I can use please let me know, I may even change my avatar to match. Please nothing involving giraffes...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:26 PM

I like this... gives it that "Lost" feel. Good call.
    07-01-13 10:33 PM
    This may be a dumb question, and I haven't tried it (I guess I could) -- but to make a bar file from a signed file. What's the compression algorithm? It wouldn't be something as simple as compressing it as a rar and renaming it, would it? (you know, because they rhyme...) ;-)
    07-01-13 10:42 PM
    Why does Darma Initiative sound familiar?
    07-01-13 10:44 PM
214 123 ...