Everytime this guy has the slightest crack at anything BlackBerry, he uses the opportunity to pan BlackBerry. I think it's time to start hitting his twitter account with equal stuff about his writing and and bias position. I'm tired of this, obviously paid and bias, wiener continually digging at BlackBerry. BlackBerry made mistakes but this guy is on the front line attacking BlackBerry every chance he gets. BlackBerry has stepped up and deserve recognition for what they're doing right. This guy has influence and I'm sick of seeing him use it to negatively affect what I've have not only preference, but a vested interest in too.

Am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and miker476 like this.
    08-13-15 12:27 PM
    Everytime this guy has the slightest crack at anything BlackBerry, he uses the opportunity to pan BlackBerry. I think it's time to start hitting his twitter account with equal stuff about his writing and and bias position. I'm tired of this, obviously paid and bias, wiener continually digging at BlackBerry. BlackBerry made mistakes but this guy is on the front line attacking BlackBerry every chance he gets. BlackBerry has stepped up and deserve recognition for what they're doing right. This guy has influence and I'm sick of seeing him use it to negatively affect what I've have not only preference, but a vested interest in too.

Am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Dan Seifert at the verge is a ******-chill_pill.gif
    08-13-15 12:31 PM
    I sent my tweet.
    Afourtrackmind likes this.
    08-13-15 12:38 PM
    Verge writer is ****boy, news at 11.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:43 PM
    No, I don't think so. One, I feel pretty calm, just would like to point out what I think is wrong. Is that wrong? Two, I have a lot of money invested bbry and this guy casually and callously makes remarks that hurt my bottom line. Maybe you should ease up on them yourself?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:43 PM
    @dcseifert

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:56 PM
    Los de VERGE son la VERGA!!! viva Blackberry Cabrones!!!
    der_mit likes this.
    08-13-15 03:07 PM
    Hmm never heard of him. Until now. So this thread did him a favor.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 03:25 PM
    OK, well welcome to the Internet. The verge is a leading tech news site. Dan seifert is one of their senior writers, I'm sure his bio is somewhere.

I'm sure you can Google him if you want to know more.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 03:30 PM
    Ignorance hurts more than getting hostile replies when you are a blog writer.

In that case, I would just forget his existence.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 01:02 AM
    Who's ignorance are we referring to? His or his readers. He's in a position of influence and not questioning him, on what I see is bad judgment, is worse than accepting his ignorance.

Text is famous for miscommunication as nuances are difficult for a non professional writer. I'm not intending to come off hostile, I admit I'm annoyed to anger, but there's nothing productive in being hostile. Apologies if I'm coming off in that manner, not my goal.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 02:06 PM
    Ignorance hurts more than getting hostile replies when you are a blog writer.

In that case, I would just forget his existence.

Posted via CB10
    Amen.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-14-15 02:25 PM
    I have a lot of money invested bbry and this guy casually and callously makes remarks that hurt my bottom line.
    This doesn't give you the right to harass someone about their opinion. That's what makes a market - people who have different opinions about what a company is worth. If I'm short BBRY then bloggers who have something good to say about BlackBerry are hurting MY bottom line.
    08-14-15 03:30 PM
    This doesn't give you the right to harass someone about their opinion. That's what makes a market - people who have different opinions about what a company is worth. If I'm short BBRY then bloggers who have something good to say about BlackBerry are hurting MY bottom line.
    Careful with the common sense, good sir.

Why folks think it makes sense to harass writers on Twitter is beyond me. Crackberry, as a community, sometimes does more to disseminate articles that are painful to some of the body.

Writers want exposure. Ranting and drawing attention to unfavorable articles is what a smart writer wants... and we give it to them happily. That's why BB enthusiasts have a rep as internet firebrands LOL.

But most importantly, what's wrong with people having an opinion? So the guy supposedly "hates" BlackBerry (ascribing hatred to a for-profit entity is funny in and of itself). And? He's allowed. Let BlackBerry -- the billion dollar corporation -- fight its own battles.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of the pitchfork sharpening. Carry on. Go get him, and force him into the hinterland of BlackBerry platform devotion...
    08-14-15 03:43 PM
    I don't remember ever harassing or encouraging anyone to harass this guy. I want to understand his motives. For that matter, I think I'd have grounds for accusing you of doing the same to me if I'm using your yard stick.

While appreciate your summary of the way the 'free market' works, I think you're doing an excellent job of highlighting my intended point. This guy is a blogger and I feel he is abusing his position to help skew the market negatively toward BlackBerry. This is actually how it works. I'm simply using this medium to express my frustration with it, I don't have the means to reach the volumes of people that he does. So, yes, I too am writing to counter this manipulation. I'll save whomever from their next useless post, yes, I'm a hypocrite. I'm OK with that.

And while some of you say 'let it be', I've been watching this behavior now for several years a decided to take a stab at doing something. Sure, it's not a lot, which is why I'm calling for assistance in calling this guy to account. If you don't agree, cool. If you do, this is a call to arms. Let's call him to account. I want to know if he's just a closed minded puppet or if he's actually intentionally trying to hurt bbry.

If you think I'm harassing this guy, I'm afraid for you. This world is not bubblegum and rainbows. This isn't harassment, it's free expression. If that still doesn't work for you, maybe change the voice in your head to mickey mouse while reading my posts.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 06:19 PM
    I agree to a degree. That degree is he is probably heir to massengil thrown. That said, he's got the right to his opinion and as long as he presents it as opinion versus fact, it's not slander and thus a waste of our breath to defend BlackBerry. BlackBerry would be quick on the draw of this was any type of legal violation.
    08-14-15 06:23 PM
    Got that out of your system? Cool. Moving now. For someone who doesn't like Dan, you sure brought a lot of attention to him and consequently, his articles. lol.
    anon6040766 likes this.
    08-14-15 07:09 PM