I feel as though my standards for mobile messaging have been set far too high after using the Hub for such an extended period of time :/

If Prem or Mike don't get the company and it indeed becomes chopped up, I fear for my next mobile choice.

Had to use an iPhone today and the in-and-out for messaging feels so..archaic.

Anyway, which OS do you see potentially utilizing the Hub or a Hub-esque notification system should BBRY be sold off in parts?
    bradu1, Thunderbuck and Mack Gans like this.
    10-13-13 10:02 PM
    honestly i dont think anyone else will really copy the hub. Everyone already has their way of messaging and it seem to work just fine for them. iOS might but i dont see android going this route.
    10-13-13 10:14 PM
    Yeah funny that you brought this up. I have been contemplating to switch to a Z10 LTE (as more recently it has been available in Malaysia). So trying to get rid of my STL100-1.

So there's also this option of considering other platforms. iOS, Android or Windows Phone. But I can't seem to imagine myself using another of the other platforms. (I have tried them all at some point and I feel that this is still the best option) if you discount the app situation.

The other consideration is that whether the company will be around long enough for continue support. Some of the reasons for keeping me from probably a Z30.

But totally agree with what you said!
    10-13-13 10:18 PM
    I kind of agree with Howarmat. If anyone would copy the Hub, it would be apple. And it would be innovative
    10-13-13 10:40 PM
    Isn't Windows dropping the back button? Maybe they'll take a stab at it. Either way, our phones will keep working whether there's still a BlackBerry or not.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:23 PM
    I kind of agree with Howarmat. If anyone would copy the Hub, it would be apple. And it would be innovative
    You forgot the sarcasm tag at the end of your message.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 11:53 PM
    I feel as though my standards for mobile messaging have been set far too high after using the Hub for such an extended period of time :/

If Prem or Mike don't get the company and it indeed becomes chopped up, I fear for my next mobile choice.

Had to use an iPhone today and the in-and-out for messaging feels so..archaic.

Anyway, which OS do you see potentially utilizing the Hub or a Hub-esque notification system should BBRY be sold off in parts?
    I think the closest is iOS 7. When you double tap the home button, it will show you the apps you current have open in windows/pages style (sorry don't know what it's called), very similar to ours. It's really a mash up of bb10 and android, where in the latter, you just flick up the open apps to close it/remove it. There's really a sense of fluidity now to iOS 7, perhaps a "semi-flow" if I may, which is a bit similar to our peak-and-flow. Though I still don't like the fact that I still have to use a home button for it.

I know this is more of a multi-tasking instead of having a hub, but it's the only way for you to get it done from iOS 7.

STL 100-2 | back to 10.1.0.1481 (because the flash player in 10.2 is busted)
    CecilTsunami likes this.
    10-14-13 12:02 AM
    I think the closest is iOS 7. When you double tap the home button, it will show you the apps you current have open in windows/pages style (sorry don't know what it's called), very similar to ours. It's really a mash up of bb10 and android, where in the latter, you just flick up the open apps to close it/remove it. There's really a sense of fluidity now to iOS 7, perhaps a "semi-flow" if I may, which is a bit similar to our peak-and-flow. Though I still don't like the fact that I still have to use a home button for it.

I know this is more of a multi-tasking instead of having a hub, but it's the only way for you to get it done from iOS 7.

STL 100-2 | back to 10.1.0.1481 (because the flash player in 10.2 is busted)
    I have seen this double click show all the apps and close them one by one thing on my managers iPhone. He's frustrated with the phone but thought that feature was neat. I looked at my easily accessible page of running apps on my Z10 and quickly concluded that in my hands it would not take the iPhone long to be chucked at the wall in frustration.

If the worst comes to pass, someone better pick up BlackBerry 10's navigation for I am truly addicted and very impatient with anything else.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:06 AM
    I doubt anyone is going to be adopting OS-wide gesture navigation but I'd love to have the ability to respond directly from whatever the notification center is.

...that is if/when my BlackBerry finally decides to crack in half and BBRY is not producing mobiles anymore heh.
    10-14-13 02:19 AM
    Webos didn't have a hub, but it had an integrated messaging app. If anyone does it again, it will likely be apple, and they'll use this method.

http://gizmodo.com/5832332/goodbye-w...oull-never-use

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:29 AM