I am furious... I have been furious for the past 5 years...i have to shout out.

Do you guys remember back in the days when you could compose your own ring tones? You could copy them from a newspaper or just get creative.

This is what happen when the iPhone came out:
    Total lock of the system, you had to do everything their way, you don't need to think much, your setting menu is like a menu in a fast food restaurant.
    Its like child's colorbook but on a tablet and you can only use the color the app allows you to use...

Back in the era of n95, P1, N900 and such you had mobile computers... then iPhone came out and everything got changed. People are lazy to think, they just want to go the easy way... but that believe it or not changes the way your brain works.

How many iPhone users now know what a APN is? You wouldn't know, it's not your fault, they don't want you to know. Knowledge is a value and if you have that value that means you will pay them less, them and the service providers too.

And following Apple everyone went that way. When Symbian and Maemo had true Multitasking, file browser, adobe flash (and hundreds more) iPhone didn't even had MMS. And what was Apple argument - you don't need to be worried when the apps close (e.g. Think less). You don't need BT sharing cause you might get a virus... Pathetic.

Look what happened with Microsoft - they had very advanced mobile OS - windows mobile, true mobile computing. And now what? This joke called WindowsPhone... all following Apple, yeah different skin but same concept.

Its like this movie with the personal robots invasion (I forgot the name, I robot?) becoming reality . Apple controls a heafty amount of people in this world, big time. And I can see it even in this forums, people that switch to BB10 asking basic questions that they would know the answer to if they had used advanced OSes before.

Wake up humans!

So why is that post in the BB10 forum?

Because I have found the lost temple. I had quit searching for advanced mobile phone with a modern look and speed... then I have found BB10 by accident (I never liked the old BB OSes much) in the form of Q10.

And I don't care about opening eyes of people anymore. I stopped explaining how dummy the iPhone really is long time ago. Its hard to fight stupidity. I don't want to argue with them either.
    Actually, the iPhone in today's form is not a bad device... for kids.

I just want to say one BIG THANK YOU to BlackBerry, Canada, and all engineers envolved.
    THANK YOU!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by djsvetljo; 08-02-13 at 11:36 AM.
    08-02-13 11:18 AM
    I can't help but feel that there's a point in there somewhere.
    Undbiter65 and Blacklatino like this.
    08-02-13 11:31 AM
    If you can find it, let everyone know. Sounds more like a rant.
    08-02-13 11:33 AM
    I am trying to, but it's not easy when the first question asked is how is the Instagram app

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 11:40 AM
    Indeed, Apple was cool back when ipod was launched, iphone changed the whole perspective for smartphones, which was really good, but the marketing, "social status" involved into iRobots made things expensive and "close minded".
    08-02-13 01:13 PM
    Sir you have just put my feelings into words! And so I salute you!
    The damage Apple had done to the human society-salute-s318x304-173136-580.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:00 PM
    Something tells me that you also resisted stuck with the command-line interface after Windows 95 3.1 came out.
    tack likes this.
    08-02-13 02:03 PM
    OP has a point. Aside from apps, BB10 OS blows iOS out of the water. Even apps that are on both platforms look better using Cascades on BB10; Whatsapp for example with its peek and hub functionality.
    08-02-13 02:05 PM
    Something tells me that you also resisted stuck with the command-line interface after Windows 95 came out.
    First of all, windows95 is not the first windows to use GUI. In addition, even windows 8 still carries over CMD.

Your comment doesn't not make sense. Bb10 is a very modern os. When did I say I resisted new technology? Contrary I always serch for the latest.

Oh and by the way, I still use proffesionaly (have to) a command line.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:15 PM
    While I prefer BB10, there is no need to have to get technical with smartphones. The benefit is simplicity and power. The issues arise when you cannot adjust settings should you need, but most people just don't need to, nor should they.

You don't have access to alter the timing via your cars ECU through the manufacturers supplied interface, without extra technical equipment, nor should you need to. Phones are becoming the same way and I don't have a problem with it. I prefer to spend time enjoying the phone rather than spend days endlessly tweaking it for the sake of tweaking it.

Posted via CB10
    21stNow likes this.
    08-02-13 02:18 PM
    If you are worried about a company taking over the world, worry about google.
    08-02-13 02:37 PM
    Mobile computers had plenty of time to spark the smartphone revolution but they didn't. Palm, Microsoft, Blackberry all had the commanding market share to do it. Microsoft had plenty of time to make the Tablet PC a ubiquitous mobile computer but it didn't. Steve Jobs and Apple did it with the iPhone and then the iPad.

You may long for the days when mobile devices were computers but most people don't. You can get a great Windows 8 tablet with a fully functioning PC operating system for a great price these days. You can get a Macbook Air which is just as thin and light as a tablet and also runs a fully functional PC operating system. And, the price you will pay will be pretty reasonable largely due to competition with other mobile devices - primarily the $500 price point iPad that Apple set for the iPad.

As I see it, you've got a lot of great options because of Apple. I really don't get why you are so mad.

I used to lament that there aren't very many owner-serviceable parts in cars anymore. I got over it. Now I just enjoy how much safer, more reliable, and capable they are.
    Last edited by heymaggie; 08-02-13 at 03:07 PM.
    helio9965 likes this.
    08-02-13 02:48 PM
    Mobile computers had plenty of time to spark the smartphone revolution but they didn't. Palm, Microsoft, Blackberry all had the commanding market share to do it. Microsoft had plenty of time to make the Tablet PC a ubiquitous mobile computer but it didn't. Steve Jobs and Apple did it with the iPhone and then the iPad.

You may long for the days when mobile devices were computers but most people don't. You can get a great Windows 8 tablet with a fully functioning PC operating system for a great price these days. You can get a Macbook Air which is just as thin and light as a tablet and also runs a fully functional PC operating system. And, the price you will pay will be pretty reasonable largely due to competition with other mobile devices - primarily the $500 price point iPad that Apple set for the iPad.

As I see it, you've got a lot of great options because of Apple. I really don't get why you are so mad.
    My bad, you are right.

Oh wait... how do I put that Macbook/tablet in my pocket?

Sercasm aside, I agree on all you said, but that's another topic. If I wasn't clear enough, I am talking about handheld devices.

Oh Please Steve Jobs... let me remind you "Who needs a camera on a tablet?" A smart man, no doubt. He was able to manipulate billions of people...

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 03:14 PM
    FINALLY!! Someone who gets it! I've thought this for years... Marry me?

I am furious... I have been furious for the past 5 years...i have to shout out.

Do you guys remember back in the days when you could compose your own ring tones? You could copy them from a newspaper or just get creative.

This is what happen when the iPhone came out:
    Total lock of the system, you had to do everything their way, you don't need to think much, your setting menu is like a menu in a fast food restaurant.
    Its like child's colorbook but on a tablet and you can only use the color the app allows you to use...

Back in the era of n95, P1, N900 and such you had mobile computers... then iPhone came out and everything got changed. People are lazy to think, they just want to go the easy way... but that believe it or not changes the way your brain works.

How many iPhone users now know what a APN is? You wouldn't know, it's not your fault, they don't want you to know. Knowledge is a value and if you have that value that means you will pay them less, them and the service providers too.

And following Apple everyone went that way. When Symbian and Maemo had true Multitasking, file browser, adobe flash (and hundreds more) iPhone didn't even had MMS. And what was Apple argument - you don't need to be worried when the apps close (e.g. Think less). You don't need BT sharing cause you might get a virus... Pathetic.

Look what happened with Microsoft - they had very advanced mobile OS - windows mobile, true mobile computing. And now what? This joke called WindowsPhone... all following Apple, yeah different skin but same concept.

Its like this movie with the personal robots invasion (I forgot the name, I robot?) becoming reality . Apple controls a heafty amount of people in this world, big time. And I can see it even in this forums, people that switch to BB10 asking basic questions that they would know the answer to if they had used advanced OSes before.

Wake up humans!

So why is that post in the BB10 forum?

Because I have found the lost temple. I had quit searching for advanced mobile phone with a modern look and speed... then I have found BB10 by accident (I never liked the old BB OSes much) in the form of Q10.

And I don't care about opening eyes of people anymore. I stopped explaining how dummy the iPhone really is long time ago. Its hard to fight stupidity. I don't want to argue with them either.
    Actually, the iPhone in today's form is not a bad device... for kids.

I just want to say one BIG THANK YOU to BlackBerry, Canada, and all engineers envolved.
    THANK YOU!

Posted via CB10
    djsvet likes this.
    08-02-13 03:30 PM
    I'm detecting "people who don't share my own personal enthusiasms are stupid" mixed with a touch of "I liked it better when I was the only one who had a smartphone".
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    08-02-13 03:38 PM
    FINALLY!! Someone who gets it! I've thought this for years... Marry me?
    Hhahaha
    Sorry, just got married.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 03:39 PM
    OP has a point. Aside from apps, BB10 OS blows iOS out of the water. Even apps that are on both platforms look better using Cascades on BB10; Whatsapp for example with its peek and hub functionality.
    No. Not this. I haven't done a complete survey of apps on both platforms, but from my personal (and limited) experience, I've seen no advantage to the BB version of apps over the iOS. In fact, one of the games I got hooked on a while back when it came out on Playbook...Jetpack Joyride...is a much richer game on iOS. My 6 year old found it on an iPhone in an Apple store (I swear, that kid can sniff out games like a pig on truffles), and I felt shortchanged when I saw how much better the Apple version is.

That's one of the points that's missed when there's an app discussion (in other words, every third thread); people focus on the numbers, and what apps are not available. There's little discussion of the apps that are available, but are simply better on another platform.
    08-02-13 03:41 PM
    No. Not this. I haven't done a complete survey of apps on both platforms, but from my personal (and limited) experience, I've seen no advantage to the BB version of apps over the iOS. In fact, one of the games I got hooked on a while back when it came out on Playbook...Jetpack Joyride...is a much richer game on iOS. My 6 year old found it on an iPhone in an Apple store (I swear, that kid can sniff out games like a pig on truffles), and I felt shortchanged when I saw how much better the Apple version is.

That's one of the points that's missed when there's an app discussion (in other words, every third thread); people focus on the numbers, and what apps are not available. There's little discussion of the apps that are available, but are simply better on another platform.
    just to be clear the playbook does not run BB10 neither cascades so implying that an IOS port will look the same on bb10 is abit silly and doesnt make sense i agree IOS apps are the best looking versus andriod i personaly would rather IOS run time on bb10 the andriod but apple would never allow it so we are stuck with andriod ports atm which do lack the wow factor of IOS but that isnt blackberrys fault its andriods to compare bb10 to IOS look at purely native apps not andriod ports but then again most multi platform apps are andriod ports atm which sucks
    08-02-13 04:32 PM
    I'm not really a iPhone fan but a Mac fan. My stance, they basically pioneered the full touch phone. And made it accessible for the Grandma tech user. And I agree with that point that people Arn't learning about their phones and it's bad. But I still have to give them ups for changing this industry while doing damage to it at the same time. Thanks for that.

I know that iPhone's pretty locked down but it does bring certain positives like security. Whether they do this because it's an Apple thing or because they argue for security can be debated and probably the Apple thing will win out. That's why I'm on BlackBerry. Nice balance.
    08-02-13 04:50 PM
    Why must every phone have all the same apps available?
    And if it doesn't then that phone is less of a phone.
    In the end it's all the same it's a phone.it can make a call,send a text, check email and surf the web.oh and take a picture.

So...I choose the brand that fills my needs.
    Last edited by Q100; 08-02-13 at 05:14 PM.
    KarlosSpicyWienr likes this.
    08-02-13 04:53 PM
    Why must every phone have all the same apps available?
    And if it doesn't then that phone is less of a phone.
    In the end it's all the same it's a phone.it can make a call,send a text, check email and surf the web.oh and take a picture.So...I choose the brand that fills my needs.
    I suspect that you don't actually believe this. My old LG flip phone from 2004 could do all those things too...does this mean that innovation should have stopped there, or that the phones of today are somehow comparable to the old flip phones? C'mon.

While we're at it, my Acura has 4 wheels, some seats, a steering wheel and a radio...does that make it the same as a golf cart, a Kia or a Ferrari?

I'm not a developer, but I suspect the "hard part" is coming up with app ideas, and the programming is easy (for those with the skills). So it makes sense from a developer point of view to recreate apps across platforms.

From a consumer point of view, having the same things available on one's device as are available on one's friend's device can be important. Human nature is such that we evaluate what we have not only against what we need, but also against what others have. The manufacturer who's customers habitually have to say,"yeah...mine can't do that" is bound to fail.

If a handset manufacturer were to hang its hat on the fact that its product "can make a call,send a text, check email and surf the web.oh and take a picture"...well, that manufacturer would be dead before any of us even heard of them.
    08-02-13 07:42 PM
    Sad, just sad!

This is one of the craziest rants I have ever seen.
    08-02-13 07:49 PM
    I think that's what Ridley Scott tried to point out in this commercial he made for Apple in 1984. Even though it was a marketing commercial for Apple Macintosh, it predicts what's going on with Apple today.

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 08:26 PM
    iOS and android are dumb... But when it comes to jail braking/rooting it changes the whole concept, no longer locked and you can do whatever you want even BT sharing on iOS.. Too bad i cant jailbreak on 6.1.3...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    08-02-13 08:33 PM
    Damage? An improved, user friendly UI is called innovation. I'm pretty tech geeky, limited by my wallet, but I'd never go back to DOS unless there is an advantage to it. Not everyone is like me and feels the need to tweak their phone or any product before considering it usable. And there's wrong with iOS. It works just fine, the customization is a little limited short of jailbreaking, but it will do the job for more than 99.5% of users, me included. I almost ended up one at some point.

The damage would be the education system. Kids are not taught to think for themselves and the amount of material in the high school curriculum is going down and down. Don't get me started on grammar, or the lack of it.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-02-13 09:05 PM
28 12