Hi all,

I've tried several times to customized the sms ringtone for a particular contact but it doesn't work. Plays the sms tone for all instead of the customized one marked in the contact profile.

Any idea on how to make it work?

Thanks in advance,
    03-10-13 08:36 AM
    Once my work Motorola ES400 boots up (yawn) I'll test this out for you
    03-10-13 08:39 AM
    So just tried a few different factors. Sending an E-mail, Text message and phone call.

Phone call custom ringtones seem to work fine. However it looks like messages (E-mail, SMS) are broken Hopefully a fix will be out soon to resolve this.

Can't see anyway to change this from what we have right now.

Sorry...
    03-10-13 08:45 AM
    I have exact same problem as OP.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:01 AM
    I have a custom ringtone for a specific alert email address that works fine. I'm wondering if you're trying to do this for a contact that has multiple links? I have noticed that where a contact is linked to more than 1 entry it can be very difficult to edit unless you unlink first, edit, then relink.

Hth...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:34 AM
    Update...this seems to be hit and miss as to whether or not it works. Just received a notification email and it defaulted back to default sound. So who knows...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:28 AM
    Contacts with their own assigned ring tone are both linked and unlinked. I've not yet heard a tone I set for either call or message from any of them.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:46 AM
    i think msg only refers to emails... text doesnt work for sure
    03-10-13 05:07 PM
    I cant believe they missed out on this very important BB function , I returned my Z10 based on this particular issue , back to my 9800 Torch
    03-13-13 01:00 PM
    I cant believe they missed out on this very important BB function , I returned my Z10 based on this particular issue , back to my 9800 Torch
    you know an update will eventually come right?
    03-13-13 01:53 PM
    These are things they will bring back for sure. Of course, if they don't, I won't be very happy either :P
    03-13-13 02:50 PM
    Gosh! I really love my new Z10, but all these small glitches really pile up into one big mess. Kinda disappointing, considering such functions are pretty basic.
    NoAhB0Dy likes this.
    03-18-13 03:19 AM
    Fully agree with antikorr.

Small glitches is true but very annoying when we're used to live with them for years in all the former devices..

Hope someone can hear our complaints here and fix it in a future release..
    NoAhB0Dy likes this.
    03-18-13 04:24 AM
    +1 + 1 to antikorr and talonsoes...

Same boat here. Got my Z10 and love the device but as you start noticing all the little missing things (and don't forget notifications - to me this is not little, it's huge) you start to realize that BB committed to the release date at the end of Jan regardless of whether the device was ready or not. This device was close to ready but could easily have used 2-3 more months dev.

In their defence, BB is working feverishly to get updates out to address the concerns of the users but I just hope it isn't too late and doesn't leave a bad taste in people's mouths. I strongly feel that they counted on the delayed US release to give them a bit more time to get their stuff in order.
    03-18-13 08:53 AM
    I confirmed this as well on my Q10. I get custom rings on phone and e-mails but text goes to the default. Let's hope there is a fix coming.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-20-13 07:35 AM
    You know, I had this problem for two months and thought it was just me/my phone/me not knowing how to set up notifications tones. For example, I set a notification ringtone for my brother's texts and calls. It defaulted right back to a normal SMS tone when he texted. For calls, though, I sometimes got my ringtone. I really think this notification for specific contacts works only for emails right now. I really hope they update this, as I loved having custom ringtones, vibrations, and LED's for specific contacts. It was the difference between knowing who was texting me and now having no idea unless the LED app (which can't run in the background now, but I'm sure they'll fix that soon) is turned on. It is troublesome, but at least it is assumed that BlackBerry will add these onto the OS. Hopefully, anyway!
    07-25-13 07:35 PM
    I'm having the same problem as everyone else - and it's now September. I started out with the Storm, was romanced into getting an android phone, and now back to BB.

I can't find an app like Ringo for per-contact customization. Does anyone know of one?
    09-06-13 02:14 PM
    One thing I discovered with respect to custom ringtones...

If your contact is a work contact and work is locked, any customizations to the tones for that contact won't work until you unlock work.

My workaround was to create a duplicate local contact with the ringtone customizations then if work is locked, they still function as expected.

HTH
    09-06-13 03:10 PM
    Does this work around work for SMS/Text or just for calls? It's text messages that I am tired of missing because the default tone for everyone is not enough for me...lol
    09-24-13 04:57 AM
    Does this work around work for SMS/Text or just for calls? It's text messages that I am tired of missing because the default tone for everyone is not enough for me...lol
    Try it...can't hurt! I don't know as I only use custom ring tones for calls.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    09-24-13 09:52 PM