I have tried to side load and install from Google Play.

ebay is forcing you to upgrade to there current app version 5.16.1.2

According to the description the app requires android 5.0 and higher.

I did install an older version of the app, but when you open it, still requires the upgrade to newer. I can't proceed past that screen.

Is there a work around for this?

Thank You!
    01-24-18 02:34 PM
    apps with any financial component are moving to higher android versions 4.4 and up to take advantage of more security/features leaving the 4.3 runtime behind. It is what it is. Use the mobile site.
    01-24-18 02:59 PM
    Search for ebay from bbw still work's for me, give it a try. Or use the browser

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-24-18 03:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    ^^^^^^This--Search for Ebay (BBW) may have some limited functions but it still works and does everything I need (for now, anyway).
    01-24-18 03:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    When I search bbw from my z30, the official app does not show up in the results. Amazon no longer has it.
    01-24-18 06:24 PM
    When I search bbw from my z30, the official app does not show up in the results. Amazon no longer has it.
    Weird, the app is supported in all countries in every BB10 device EXCEPT for the Z30. Never seen that before. I have it on my Z10 and my Passport and it works well. Sorry.
    01-24-18 07:12 PM
    Just to be clear - it's the "Search for eBay" app in BBW they are talking about here. The developer is S4BB - the same Hong Kong based group that dumped almost 50,000 mostly trash apps way back in the summer of 2013. They were taking advantage of the promotional free submission period to BBW at the time.

Most of them, including this "Search for eBay" app, are just web wrapper apps. The quickest that could be made. They are technically "native", but really just the web display type apps. There are "Search of Amazon", "Search for Wikipedia", "Search for (fill in your random web store here)" type apps galore. Tons of "City Guide" type apps, audiobooks, phrasebooks, on and on.

So, try if you wish. But, you might be better off just using the web site through the browser. You will probably get the same feature access.
    01-24-18 07:18 PM
    So everyone complains about privacy/security with Android but will use outdated apps with insufficient security standards for payment info on an outdated BB10 OS with a serial app developer that may or may not be trustable?
    01-24-18 07:47 PM
    a serial app developer that may or may not be trustable?
    I've been using those S4BB wrapper apps (Search for Ebay, Search for Booking, Search for IMDB) for more than 3 years and never any problems. I happen to think they are OK.
    01-24-18 08:16 PM
    I'm happy with the eBay mobile website EXCEPT the saved searches which don't seem to work like the app, nor like they used to on the mobile site.

Am I missing something?

All I want is a list of my searches, then some sort of indicator that there are new searches found. Previously, thus was a little blue dot. Now...... nothing.

Tried the Web wrapper apps just now but they are no good for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 12:36 PM
    App seems to crash upon viewing notifications now.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-18 07:58 AM