Thanks for the write up.

Yes BlackBerry has a lot of great Functions / Options. But what I am waiting for since OS 10.0:

Call Blocker Function and the possibility to finally read and send GPG / PGP encrypted eMails.

I can't wait every Day the whole Day until I am back on a PC to answer Password resets and such stuff. As an Admin, I find it very cynical that BlackBerry calls it a "Secure Device" while it's missing today's Standard Functionality.

Especially as they have said, that they will go Full Enterprise Customers and that they will leave the Consumer Market at all behind. I hope BlackBerry will give me with 10.3.1 a reason not to switch the Platform. Its a shame

Via CB10 App / [email protected]
    10.3.1 will be ur savior.. u wait and see call blocker is confirmed to come with 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:06 PM
    I dunno what carrier version of 10.2 you have, but...

http://m.crackberry.com/exhaustive-l...blackberry-102

Priority HUB and "I Will be Late" were certainly available by 10.2, let alone 10.2.1 which IS available on all out of the box devices.

You seem to want to troll this post, but the reality is, well over 10% (which I cite since you argued that, quote, "90%" of the things I listed are 10.3 specific) of the features I listed are on all devices right this hot second. So, A for effort, but really, with only four of the 14 things listed being 10.3 specific - and furthermore, being a buyers guide for people thinking about purchasing BB10 in the future when 10.3 will be available - this is a fairly useful, and accurate write-up.

Rather than trying to shred this, how about you contribute? What out of the box features can you think of that I missed? Reflecting on it now, the lock screen notification/preview system is fairly unique and awesome.
    I have a z10 running 10.2.1 on T-Mobile u.s.a.
    I don't believe i'm trolling anything, just saying what is and is not included... after reviewing your link it turns out that i do have a priority hub. i was expecting yet another hub since you made it sound like it was., plus i was confused by the image in the link since it took a little digging to find it....also i have to retract the calendar reply since it is only available if you're included in certain meetings so it wasn't something that can be seen in plain sight. (I had to setup a meeting with myself to see that option)...of the link you posted i can say that what i don't have are smart triggers (could be z30 only) and wifi-direct...which they mention is z30 only....

I wouldn't have a problem with your list if you were to have mentioned that some devices may or may not have those features or that they appear differently but you made it sound like they all do...not to mention again that 10.3 is not out world wide for all devices and it's misleading to those looking to pick up something other than a passport right now.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 04:38 PM
    I don't believe i'm trolling anything, just saying what is and is not included... after reviewing your link it turns out that i do have a priority hub. i was expecting yet another hub since you made it sound like it was., plus i was confused by the image in the link since it took a little digging to find it....also i have to retract the calendar reply since it is only available if you're included in certain meetings so it wasn't something that can be seen in plain sight. (I had to setup a meeting with myself to see that option)...of the link you posted i can say that what i don't have are smart triggers (could be z30 only) and wifi-direct...which they mention is z30 only....

I wouldn't have a problem with your list if you were to have mentioned that some devices may or may not have those features or that they appear differently but you made it sound like they all do...not to mention again that 10.3 is not out world wide for all devices and it's misleading to those looking to pick up something other than a passport right now.

Posted via CB10
    I think I was fairly clear about things that were in the 10.3 version of software (stating it a few times in the original post). And, as you've now discovered, all the rest of those features are indeed on every device. I don't see what is misleading about this.

And I didn't mention Wifi direct, indeed because it is Z30 specific. And SmartTriggers are indeed on your phone. I think this is less a problem of my accuracy as a problem solved by you spending some more time exploring/reading up about your device. SmartTags was something I first discovered using my Z10 so.... look into that.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    timboalogo likes this.
    10-06-14 05:04 PM
    Thanks for the write up.

Yes BlackBerry has a lot of great Functions / Options. But what I am waiting for since OS 10.0:

Call Blocker Function and the possibility to finally read and send GPG / PGP encrypted eMails.

[...] I hope BlackBerry will give me with 10.3.1 a reason not to switch the Platform. Its a shame

Via CB10 App / [email protected]
    There is definitely a 3rd party app for PGP in BlackBerry appstore, and probably also a Call Blocker.

Native PGP support would be nice, but I see no reason for you to move to another platform.

Or do iOS, Android or WP8 have native PGP support?
    I can be wrong, but I think they also have only 3rd party apps in their appstores?

Finally, the OP gave you at least 13 reasons to prefer a BB10 device over other platforms, which have nothing to do with "security" .
    10-06-14 05:17 PM
    Great thread!

I would add:

- Apps permission (hello Android?)

- SD Cards with 32GB-128GB memory (hello iOS?)

- Alarm clock can be managed, even when device is locked (very convenient).

- BBM
    (comparable to iMessage/Facetime...but BBM is available for all platforms)

Yep, I came to BlackBerry for the security (BBOS), but I stayed because of all these nice features (BB 10).
    00_Agent likes this.
    10-06-14 05:33 PM
    Brilliant!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 05:38 PM
    Great thread!

I would add:

- Apps permission (hello Android?)

This is a huge one for me. I was blown away when LinkedIn, one of the worst apps for privacy (granted, the point of the app is personal publicity), let me turn certain permissions on and off upon install.

However, I tried to explain this and how important it is to some friends not so security conscious and me, and they didn't get why it mattered to me so much. Haha. Anyway, your point stands, if we start getting into all the security features, the list would be way way longer.

Cheers! And thanks for adding to the list.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    10-06-14 05:58 PM
    Good list thanks for the read

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:58 PM
    10? I only saw 7, but still...my point is you claim that it comes built in, "out of the box" , which it doesn't. Someone, cannot go out and buy a bb10 device right NOW (outside of a passport) and have all those features out of the box without installing the leaked os....that's my point.

my other point with pc sharing is any casual reader would think that you can share files, stream movies and all, yet you failed to mention your pc would HAVE to be on while you're away, which isn't very practical. Which in the end, that's usually why people buy phones to begin with.
    I know that it depends on consumer usage but you're listing all these things with disregard of pc usage.

Posted via CB10
    Come on. Seriously?

I think anyone with two neurons to rub together would get that to have remote access to your PC it has to be on... and connected to the Internet.
    Point is, if you want such access, it's yours to use without having to get separate third party apps.

And most of the mentioned features are already available, AND all bb10 users will have the new features for free shortly.

There is no denying that BB10 out of the box is the best OS out there.
    Even at the stock 10.2.1 level.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    10-06-14 10:24 PM
    I dunno what this means. I hate missing out on lingo, haha.

Lol well either he just crapped his pants or perhaps he meant BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well there us a smart trigger app to tide you over.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:56 PM
    Nice list and it covers what I mean and then some when I say you need an app for that bb10 just does it. Good work.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:57 PM
    Such a great list! Thanks for the comprehensive, really shines a nice light on the OS. Thanks, Camp!
    10-06-14 11:16 PM
    I enjoyed reading this, you get brownie points. You missed a couple big ones though: Story Maker, BBM, Remember App and maybe Browser with flash and desktop mode? Great job though, I love reading these kinds of posts. You should really make a video about all these features and get it out there... 99% of people don't know about these things and BlackBerry could always use the help of faithful users for marketing/advertising.
    10-07-14 03:34 AM
    I enjoyed reading this, you get brownie points. You missed a couple big ones though: Story Maker, BBM, Remember App and maybe Browser with flash and desktop mode? Great job though, I love reading these kinds of posts. You should really make a video about all these features and get it out there... 99% of people don't know about these things and BlackBerry could always use the help of faithful users for marketing/advertising.
    I missed a lot of stuff, and kinda on purpose. Don't wanna overload the reader, but you can add to it here!

10-07-14 11:25 AM
    Good point!! Maybe Bla1ze can make an article about it? Or wait till 10.3.1 and then do it!! All the great things about BB10 and what set them apart. What makes BlackBerry so great.. for me one of the major factor is to be different!!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 11:25 AM
    Good point!! Maybe Bla1ze can make an article about it? Or wait till 10.3.1 and then do it!! All the great things about BB10 and what set them apart. What makes BlackBerry so great.. for me one of the major factor is to be different!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm very confident that there will be an article or two when 10.3.1 comes out.

10-07-14 11:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree. At my work there's a guy who is a diehard iPhone fan and he's always so dumbfounded as to why the manager, boss and I have BlackBerry 10 phones. When he asked me why I have it, the first thing I said was "because it's not an iPhone "then I continued to show him all the features I have that iPhone lacks. He just doesn't get it, thinks iPhone is the best and everyone should have one. I always tell him what works for him may not work for everyone else. Although it seems 90% of the people I know have iPhones. I just like to be different and I also like to be productive. My Z30 helps so much in school and for work. I'm always showing my boss and manager cool things we can do with BlackBerry 10 such as taking pictures of jewelry for our website and all I have to do to use them is open file explorer and open the SD card folder and voila, there's the picture. No need to plug it in, just over wifi. Or when I'm at the shop and the boss wants me to bring home certain jewelry, I just BBM video call and she can see everything at the shop while she's in the office at home, she doesn't even leave the office anymore. I can even make changes on our website with the browser, on the go! Such an amazing device. Sorry for the rant.
    10-07-14 11:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    He probably won't since there is a whole forum for it already... http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-tips-how-faq-f295/

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 01:42 PM
    I'm sorry, picture password?
    What's that??

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 with love
    10-07-14 02:17 PM
    What's that??

It's security heaven. Search the Crackberry tips/how to stuff. It's in there with a video. Or, if you're on a device, in security settings you can find it and it has a tutorial.

staticxxxx likes this.
    10-07-14 02:27 PM
    What's that??

Do this: system setting>security privacy>device password > picture password...
    switch it to on, now whenever you lock your phone (or set to lock after specified time) you can unlock it by moving a specific number over a part of the picture that you setup previously. this is just added security that you can use on top of your regular password or instead of...your finger does not need to be over the number you selected so people can see you do it and still not know how you unlocked your phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:32 PM
    found it!!

Never look in that area, but magnificent!
    10-07-14 02:33 PM
    He probably won't since there is a whole forum for it already... http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-tips-how-faq-f295/

Posted via CB10
    Yes but I'm talking about a video, so that every BlackBerry fan can share this and show the world that BlackBerry isn't what they thought it was.. how far we've come..

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:56 PM
    Do this: system setting>security privacy>device password > picture password...
    switch it to on, now whenever you lock your phone (or set to lock after specified time) you can unlock it by moving a specific number over a part of the picture that you setup previously. this is just added security that you can use on top of your regular password or instead of...your finger does not need to be over the number you selected so people can see you do it and still not know how you unlocked your phone.

Posted via CB10
    My point exactly!! Even BlackBerry user doesn't know about these little feature! ONE VIDEO all features!!! Share or show people you want to convince about BlackBerry 10 too

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:58 PM
60 123