I installed it on my i5 and when I message my cousin and he responds it chimes when my phone is off.

In fact I just tried it. I BBM'd my cousin's BBZ10, backed outta app, closed the app by double pressing home and swiping up to close it. Then turned off the phone. He messaged me back and it showed up on my lock screen just as normal iPhone messages do. Sorry don't know what to say as to why yours is not doing the same.
    Thanks. I don't want to nit pick but the issue here is that my son's i5 doesn't receive unless the app is open. So do you receive messages from a BlackBerry device when the Bbm i5 app is closed?

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my Google iBerry Cranial Implant
    11-23-13 08:37 PM
    Does this happen when your son is connected on wi-fi or regular network or both?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:01 PM
    I have the same "delay" issue as well. I have 4 friends who downloaded BBM but unless it's open they don't get the message. My wife has an iPhone 4, another has a 4S and 2 others have iPhone 5. Not a single one gets the notifications unless they have BBM open. BlackBerry must know about this and I assume they are working on it. It is annoying though. We have mainly gone back to standard texting again. Too bad as I like BBM.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    11-23-13 10:22 PM
    Does this happen when your son is connected on wi-fi or regular network or both?

Posted via CB10
    That's a good question. I'm not sure that should make a difference bit I'm no expert. Thinking about it, it happens at work so that's network and it happens at home also which is wifi. So both.

11-23-13 10:28 PM
    I have the same "delay" issue as well. I have 4 friends who downloaded BBM but unless it's open they don't get the message. My wife has an iPhone 4, another has a 4S and 2 others have iPhone 5. Not a single one gets the notifications unless they have BBM open. BlackBerry must know about this and I assume they are working on it. It is annoying though. We have mainly gone back to standard texting again. Too bad as I like BBM.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    Same here. I really like Bbm and always have. Glad to know it's not just my issue.

11-23-13 10:31 PM
    That's a good question. I'm not sure that should make a difference bit I'm no expert. Thinking about it, it happens at work so that's network and it happens at home also which is wifi. So both.

Did you try a re-install?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 02:12 AM
    Did you try a re-install?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it's been Uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times.

11-24-13 01:04 PM
    Agreed. I've told anyone that installed it for me to delete it. Back to text.

My 18 month old dog has not got a problem using it on his gold iPhone 5s. I told him to get a Z30 but he insisted on the iPhone and then told me he couldn't handle the BlackBerry as it's too complicated. I argued with him for a while but he won the argument by pointing out that he is in fact a dog and that I should learn to be more tolerant of other, lesser species. I hung my head in shame at expecting too much from him promised never to criticise an iPhone user ever again. In fact, I think it's great that there's phones available for "less complicated individuals".

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 O2 UK
    11-25-13 05:30 AM
    My 18 month old dog has not got a problem using it on his gold iPhone 5s. I told him to get a Z30 but he insisted on the iPhone and then told me he couldn't handle the BlackBerry as it's too complicated. I argued with him for a while but he won the argument by pointing out that he is in fact a dog and that I should learn to be more tolerant of other, lesser species. I hung my head in shame at expecting too much from him promised never to criticise an iPhone user ever again. In fact, I think it's great that there's phones available for "less complicated individuals".

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 O2 UK
    What?

11-25-13 05:45 AM
    Agreed. I've told anyone that installed it for me to delete it. Back to text.

You use text?! In 2013?!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 09:09 AM
    You use text?! In 2013?!

Posted via CB10
    Yes in the absence of a functional cross platform Bbm offering.

11-25-13 11:34 AM
36 12