We've just realized that on my son's IPhone, the Bbm app has to be open in order for him to know I've messaged him. I'd this is the case, to me at least, it's completely useless. I don't even understand what the value is to the millions that downloaded it are. Again I say this of I'm right that the app must be open.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my Google iBerry Cranial Implant
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    11-23-13 09:43 AM
    Ooh I just found out that he needs to set to have notifications manually on an iPhone otherwise there's none.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 09:45 AM
    Even on android, my friend complains she never gets my messages! I have to msg on whatsapp first to check her BBM then once she opens BBM she gets my messages delivered. This is useless.!

We've just realized that on my son's IPhone, the Bbm app has to be open in order for him to know I've messaged him. I'd this is the case, to me at least, it's completely useless. I don't even understand what the value is to the millions that downloaded it are. Again I say this of I'm right that the app must be open.

pttptppt likes this.
    11-23-13 09:47 AM
    Agreed. I've told anyone that installed it for me to delete it. Back to text.

11-23-13 10:25 AM
    Gee imagine this, a few folks (feel the overwhelming compulsion to post on a BBerry fan site no less) can't get BBM to work, yet millions of others can. And then come to the "startling" conclusion...(wait for it)........BBM is useless.

Predictable...so predictable.........lol
    11-23-13 10:36 AM
    ^^^^^ This. OMG OP learn how BBMX works on your cross platform mobile devices.

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    11-23-13 10:42 AM
    Even on android, my friend complains she never gets my messages! I have to msg on whatsapp first to check her BBM then once she opens BBM she gets my messages delivered. This is useless.!
    That is not true for android, unless she has her bbm connected icon is disabled.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:47 AM
    No issues for, my wife and my 12 year. Both of them have iPhone 4s's. My son uses it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:48 AM

That is not true. You won't get a D when you msg him and the app is closed but he will get a notification with the msg.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:50 AM
    Sorry but in our case that is not true. I can message him on his iPhone 5 all day long and he gets nothing until he opens the app. This is not a one off circumstance. We've tested it many times. The result is Always the same.

11-23-13 10:55 AM
    My messages with friends with androids aare completely fine but those with iphone...delayed always..the app useless seriously
    11-23-13 10:57 AM
    Sorry but in our case that is not true. I can message him on his iPhone 5 all day long and he gets nothing until he opens the app. This is not a one off circumstance. We've tested it many times. The result is Always the same.

Must be a problem with your phone then cause I have tested this on an iphone4S, ipod touch 4 and ipad 2 and they all do like I said.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 11:02 AM
    Also my wife's iPad and a colleagues iPhone both get notifications when messages arrive. Check your settings.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-23-13 11:09 AM

Me - Z10, my wife S4, daughter 5C and we don't seem to have these problems lol and my best friend has a 5s and that is the only way he and I communicate (even got his wife on an S4 to convert) Seems to be working for a lot of people I know.
    11-23-13 11:40 AM
    I have to agree with this. Something is amiss with the cross platform solution. For instance, I was trying to add this guy with BBM on an iPhone and no matter what we did my invite never comes to him, and his invite never comes to me. Same happened before too, with other iPhone users.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 11:50 AM
    most of the time it works on my Nexus but there are times when it seems to miss messages and i get them much later that day
    11-23-13 11:55 AM
    Another F for consistency.

11-23-13 12:02 PM
    All my friends with iPhones have this issue with Whatsapp. When connected to wi-fi, they only receive the message when they wake their phone up. With BBM they get it right away. None of my Android friends have this issue with Whatsapp or BBM.

Posted via my annoying, page-skipping CB10 app.
    11-23-13 12:15 PM
    My wife has it on her S4 and we have no issues with it. It works as well as it did on her 9800.
    11-23-13 12:33 PM
    I have had issues with BBM on Iphone as well. Just yesterday my friend sent me a message and I did not receive any notification. I found out there was a message when I actually opened BBM today and saw it. Most times I get the notification and then other times are like the one I just mentioned. They need to upgrade quick and fix the bugs or they will slowly start to loose peoples interest in using BBM.
    11-23-13 01:12 PM
    Just for you, maybe. I use it as my main communication with my kids. Have tested it with 4 iPhones and none have any issues. (3 4s and 1 iPhone 5)
    Another F for consistency.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 01:43 PM
    Just for you, maybe. I use it as my main communication with my kids. Have tested it with 4 iPhones and none have any issues. (3 4s and 1 iPhone 5)

Posted via CB10
    Well I was very clear that it was me I was talking about. I'm always careful not to blanket other members or assume that everyone shares my issues. That said if anyone knows of any settings that might affect this, I'm all ears. With is we are a household of 3 BlackBerry 10s and one traitor. Oldest son went for an iPhone 5 this last upgrade. Turns out he was a wise lad.

Anyway thanks all for comments. I thought it was worth mentioning.

11-23-13 02:43 PM
    Well I was very clear that it was me I was talking about. I'm always careful not to blanket other members or assume that everyone shares my issues. That said if anyone knows of any settings that might affect this, I'm all ears. With is we are a household of 3 BlackBerry 10s and one traitor. Oldest son went for an iPhone 5 this last upgrade. Turns out he was a wise lad.

Anyway thanks all for comments. I thought it was worth mentioning.

On iOS, all notifications, and at least those for BBM are under Settings -> Notification Center. By default, at least on my iPad, everything was on.
    11-23-13 04:10 PM
    On iOS, all notifications, and at least those for BBM are under Settings -> Notification Center. By default, at least on my iPad, everything was on.
    Thanks. Yes they were already on. Same result. Oh well. We were only using it because of the 10.2 text bug. Hopefully one of them gets fixed before the sun goes nova.

11-23-13 06:10 PM
    I installed it on my i5 and when I message my cousin and he responds it chimes when my phone is off.

In fact I just tried it. I BBM'd my cousin's BBZ10, backed outta app, closed the app by double pressing home and swiping up to close it. Then turned off the phone. He messaged me back and it showed up on my lock screen just as normal iPhone messages do. Sorry don't know what to say as to why yours is not doing the same.
    11-23-13 06:35 PM
36 12