I myself never removed my card when updating. Mind you I have only ever done leaks and NEVER ota. But I can assure you this, I will start removing the SD card from now on. I don't have anything on it that is not backed up, but this does not sound the least bit appealing.
    06-16-14 06:10 AM
    Beware of cheap memory cards. They will say they're a certain size but they're actually much smaller and you end up with this type of problem.
    06-16-14 08:14 AM
    Ok peeps. And OP in particular. I've been looking into my problem and am wondering if it is the same as yours.

My SD card in thr computer says it has 15 GB of stuff on it. Yet, the folders are all empty. I've already done thr "show hidden files" thing, and no, it didn't work.

So, if the disk has 15 GB of stuff on it, then it hasn't been formatted or whatever. Which is explains why recovery software doesn't produce any results: nothing has been deleted, it is all still there.

Ideas?

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    06-16-14 12:50 PM
    Ok peeps. And OP in particular. I've been looking into my problem and am wondering if it is the same as yours.

My SD card in thr computer says it has 15 GB of stuff on it. Yet, the folders are all empty. I've already done thr "show hidden files" thing, and no, it didn't work.

So, if the disk has 15 GB of stuff on it, then it hasn't been formatted or whatever. Which is explains why recovery software doesn't produce any results: nothing has been deleted, it is all still there.

Ideas?

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    I would suggest using a Linux machine(or run it off ram with a disc) running Ubuntu or what have you and see if it reads the data, you'd be surprised what you can find.

If that still doesn't yield and results I would take the plunge and format the SD card just one time(quick reformat) . And run recovery software again to see. Data recovery is really tricky stuff be prepared for the worst. I hope you're able to recover everything!

EDIT: I would recommend the OP do the same as well. It's worth a shot and usually has some degree of success.
    Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 03:46 PM
    I've never run Linux or anything like that. I'm also not an *****, so I could figure it out, but how easy is it? Is Ubuntu the recommended iteration?

06-16-14 04:53 PM
    Why are you partitioning the card and what format are you using?
    06-16-14 05:15 PM
    I've never run Linux or anything like that. I'm also not an *****, so I could figure it out, but how easy is it? Is Ubuntu the recommended iteration?

If you've never used Linux then go with either Mint 17 (highly recommend) or Ubuntu.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 05:26 PM
    If you've never used Linux then go with either Mint 17 (highly recommend) or Ubuntu.

Posted via CB10
    Ok. Downloading now.

06-16-14 05:42 PM
    Ok. Downloading now.

And you most likely can just use a live USB or run it off a CD/DVD (depends on version) and use it like a full install, it will have access to all drives, ports, and devices either way.
    06-16-14 06:23 PM
    Why are you partitioning the card and what format are you using?
    I tried it with Linux fdisk, Windows disk part and android.

All disks usually have a partition table with at least one primary partition. Otherwise you are writing to the entire disk which is unconventional.
    06-16-14 07:05 PM
    I tried it with Linux fdisk, Windows disk part and android.

All disks usually have a partition table with at least one primary partition. Otherwise you are writing to the entire disk which is unconventional.
    SD cards are different from hard drives. So are they formatted as fat32? I would use the formatting program in the other thread but that's a windows program. I haven't heard of anyone partitioning their SD card but I suppose some do esp. high capacity ones.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4
    06-17-14 06:59 AM
    Any reason why OP is using FAT than FAT32? And has the OP tried other SD cards?

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-17-14 07:53 AM
    Can't imagine not having some form of Backup for my data?

LINK wireless syncs all my Documents on my SD Card - Documents, Videos and Pictures. (at work and at home - so two copies)
    Email, Contacts and Calender are synced via the cloud using either my work account or my personal accounts.
    APPS are all saved via BlackBerry World, Amazon App Store or my Google Account via Snap. (only SNAP do I have to bother with a manual install)
    SMS Backup takes care of my text messages.
    Don't use BBM enough to worry about backing it up - but why aren't messages saved in the cloud? Oh right Security over convenience.
    I avoid games that don't save your progress....

I do a full Backup using LINK on a regular basis - really wish you could do those via Wi-Fi also. But I avoid Restore... hope they keep allowing more and more breakout of what data can be restored. Possibly App data would be fine to restore and wouldn't cause the Contact and Calender issues that some have experienced.
    06-17-14 11:23 AM
38 12