The BlackBerry browser does have some features built-in I like. Two stand out. Reader mode and its accompanying ability to you listen to text( e.g. you can have a story read to you)
    04-23-16 07:49 PM
    The BlackBerry browser does have some features built-in I like. Two stand out. Reader mode and its accompanying ability to you listen to text( e.g. you can have a story read to you)
    I like the fact that we can flip the WebRTC option on the BB10 browser for when using VPN.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    04-24-16 11:46 AM
    04-24-16 01:53 PM
    They have to update the browser if they are still selling BB10 phones. It would be deceptive not to.

Now I wonder how they sell BB10 phones at all to businesses after what Chen has said. So stupid and arrogant. Shut up and release one more phone so at least people think you are committed.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-25-16 12:47 PM
    They have to update the browser if they are still selling BB10 phones. It would be deceptive not to.

Now I wonder how they sell BB10 phones at all to businesses after what Chen has said. So stupid and arrogant. Shut up and release one more phone so at least people think you are committed.

Posted via CB10
    They don't "have" to do anything beyond honor the manufacturers warranty, and that only covers defects, not software obsolescence.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    04-25-16 02:00 PM
    They don't "have" to do anything beyond honor the manufacturers warranty, and that only covers defects, not software obsolescence.
    I'm not sure about that from a legal perspective. I think it is implied that the manufacturer intends at the time of sale that the device will be usable for a reasonable amount of time. This reasonable amount of time should be at least 6 months.
    04-25-16 07:31 PM
    I'm not sure about that from a legal perspective. I think it is implied that the manufacturer intends at the time of sale that the device will be usable for a reasonable amount of time. This reasonable amount of time should be at least 6 months.
    I'm absolutely sure. Warranties cover "defects in materials and workmanship." If you can find one example of software obsolescence being covered by warranty, please enlighten me. Don't know about you, but I've been dealing with obsoleted software and unpatched bugs for two decades with computers.

Read up on all the exploits that exist on older Android phones because the carriers and manufacturers don't give a rats behind about the customer once the phone is sold. Plenty of phones out there could run a newer OS but will never get any kind of patching (hence the "android fragmentation" that is such an issue with that platform). If warranty isn't helping those folks, it sure isn't gonna help blackberry owners get a browser update.
    04-25-16 07:52 PM
    Android browsers work just fine on Blackberry 10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 08:06 PM
    I'm absolutely sure. Warranties cover "defects in materials and workmanship." If you can find one example of software obsolescence being covered by warranty, please enlighten me. Don't know about you, but I've been dealing with obsoleted software and unpatched bugs for two decades with computers.

Read up on all the exploits that exist on older Android phones because the carriers and manufacturers don't give a rats behind about the customer once the phone is sold. Plenty of phones out there could run a newer OS but will never get any kind of patching (hence the "android fragmentation" that is such an issue with that platform). If warranty isn't helping those folks, it sure isn't gonna help blackberry owners get a browser update.
    I don't know if it's a breach of an express warranty but it could be implied in the sale that it's going to work. Also, it might be different with Android since the manufacturers don't make the OS. But if you sell a product and know it's not going to work properly shortly after you sell it, I could see that being a legal issue. Maybe I'm wrong.
    04-25-16 08:10 PM
    Given the growing importance of the browser to Blackberry 10 users, Blackberry should devote some developer time to upgrade the browser. Even the "browser-based Facebook app" would run better if that's done.

The fact the the Android Runtime is stuck at 4.3, meaning more and more Android apps will not work, points to how critical the browser, and an update, will become. With the number good quality native apps on the decline, a significant browser update is clearly needed.

It is amazing that the virtually on-touch browser still performs so well but the signs have been there that an update needed. Over to you Mr. Chen, that would be a good way to show commitment.
    Think Playbook! Sadly this will be a recurring issue with anything BB10. It should come as no surprise since BB and Chen have made no secret that BB10 is done. I see so many of these types of threads, are you thinking that if users complain it will change the direction of the company? If so you are in for many more surprises. I have 4 BB paperweights and for me, 4 was the magic number
    04-25-16 08:36 PM

I don't know if it's a breach of an express warranty but it could be implied in the sale that it's going to work. Also, it might be different with Android since the manufacturers don't make the OS. But if you sell a product and know it's not going to work properly shortly after you sell it, I could see that being a legal issue. Maybe I'm wrong.
    04-25-16 08:56 PM
    Which ones have you tried?

I used BB10 third party Zeus just to get Flash, but hadn't tried Chrome or others.
    05-01-16 08:01 AM
    Well out of curiosity I went to the Google Play Store and downloaded Google Chrome browser. Installed and works fine

Critical Browser update needed for BB10-img_20160503_203142.png
    Critical Browser update needed for BB10-img_20160503_203203.png
    Critical Browser update needed for BB10-img_20160503_203215.png

I haven't signed in yet but I will just to see if I can. I guess that solves any issues there may be with the phone being able to brows the net.

UPDATE: Nope can't seem to sign in but works fine other than that. Personally I find the BB10 browser much quicker but Chrome let's me access websites that are a bit troublesome like Tumblr and makes it a snap to download pictures from it, which is otherwise a pain with our stock BB10 browser.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 05-03-16 at 08:08 PM.
    05-03-16 07:34 PM
    I couldn't sign into Chrome either so I settled on Firefox. Works fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 10:28 PM
    Bb10 browser seems to be going the way of the playbook browser when it was eol.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-03-16 11:22 PM
    Well 10.3.3 did provide an improved browser...
    Last edited by roleli; 02-07-17 at 05:32 AM.
    01-22-17 07:31 AM
41 12