Given the growing importance of the browser to Blackberry 10 users, Blackberry should devote some developer time to upgrade the browser. Even the "browser-based Facebook app" would run better if that's done.

The fact the the Android Runtime is stuck at 4.3, meaning more and more Android apps will not work, points to how critical the browser, and an update, will become. With the number good quality native apps on the decline, a significant browser update is clearly needed.

It is amazing that the virtually on-touch browser still performs so well but the signs have been there that an update needed. Over to you Mr. Chen, that would be a good way to show commitment.
    Last edited by roleli; 04-12-16 at 08:33 AM.
    04-12-16 07:37 AM
    Chairman Chen isn't interested.
    Doggerz and JeepBB like this.
    04-12-16 07:44 AM
    Should happen, but never going to (sadly).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-12-16 07:46 AM
    It will be very telling if the promised update doesn't bring some minor enhancements to the browser.... and a few other key apps. I know there won't be new features.... but a little tweaking is needed.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-12-16 07:56 AM
    Indeed they should, as it's a MAIN app for us Blackberry 10 survivors.

And it's not that if the thing required billions dollars of invest and team of 50 devs for it....

But as pointed by others, BBRY may already have abandon us...sadly!!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 08:05 AM
    Give me just updates to the browser and few optimisations of the OS there and there, and I should be a happy camper yet for some time, with even rebuy of Passports as its specs are quite decent to do plenty of things very efficiently!

Posted via CB10
    roleli likes this.
    04-12-16 08:10 AM
    Pretty sure that most of the last round of layoffs were in relation to the BB10 team, so doubt there's enough left to do anything like this.

I jumped ship.

JeepBB and Bluenoser63 like this.
    04-12-16 08:13 AM
    If BlackBerry is going to support BB10 for the next 2 years the browser has to be updated. Otherwise the security company simply cannot be trusted.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 08:30 AM
    Browsers are for stupid children, Real Businessmen (TM) don't do anything they couldn't have done on a BlackBerry from 2001.

/s
    04-13-16 10:04 AM
    Some real ugly mugs on there thurask. Lol.
    04-13-16 10:14 AM
    Browsers are for stupid children, Real Businessmen (TM) don't do anything they couldn't have done on a BlackBerry from 2001.

/s
    Thats it, the tools no toys chant is ringing in my ears. We don't need a fully functional Internet browser to be productive haha...

On a serious note, without BB10 having good app support we are dependant on the browser, and yet, I had to ditch the stock browser months ago due to a lot of pages not being rendered properly.

In fact, the browser is more important to us than whatsapp. Yet, if 10.3.3 doesn't bring the stock browser up-to-scratch, then it would seem that WhatsApp's functionality will hold out longer than the stock browser...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    04-13-16 10:16 AM
    Thats it, the tools no toys chant is ringing in my ears. We don't need a fully functional Internet browser to be productive haha...

On a serious note, without BB10 having good app support we are dependant on the browser, and yet, I had to ditch the stock browser months ago due to a lot of pages not being rendered properly.

In fact, the browser is more important to us than whatsapp. Yet, if 10.3.3 doesn't bring the stock browser up-to-scratch, then it would seem that WhatsApp's functionality will hold out longer than the stock browser...

So much irony in this.

Maybe get Chen to start a hashtag... oh, wait!

JeepBB likes this.
    04-13-16 10:28 AM
    Guaranteed future-proof method if you use BlackBerry 10: b̶u̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶n̶e̶ Use remote desktop with a VPS provider and a selection of full size VPS images.

Posted via CB10
    methodinsane likes this.
    04-13-16 11:42 AM
    If they are tinkering with Twitter to save face they really should consider tinkering with the browser better value for resources deployed
    04-15-16 08:08 AM
    If they are tinkering with Twitter to save face they really should consider tinkering with the browser better value for resources deployed
    Isn't the Twitter app developed by Twitter themselves?

04-15-16 09:20 AM
    I may just buy an Android phone next month and be done with it. I really want a Passport, but I'm not paying that kind of money for a dead end. I can buy some pretty nice Android phones for less, and be assured of a much longer useful life. The Oneplus One just got Marshmallow, and they sell for very cheap used.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-15-16 01:28 PM
    I may just buy an Android phone next month and be done with it. I really want a Passport, but I'm not paying that kind of money for a dead end. I can buy some pretty nice Android phones for less, and be assured of a much longer useful life. The Oneplus One just got Marshmallow, and they sell for very cheap used.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    This post pretty much sums up the position BB put themselves in.
    04-15-16 02:19 PM
    As much as I would appreciate an update to show some level of support of BB10 what's wrong with the browser? I use it in desktop mode on my Passport and haven't had any issues with web sites on it. It seems to work great?
    04-15-16 02:27 PM
    I was for two weeks in Spain and the stock and 3rd party browser did not let me perform wiki searches, seemed like a security issue to my PP and Classic!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 09:12 PM

/s
    You're right. They need to focus on providing Android Marshmallow to the 400,000 people with a Privvy instead
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-15-16 11:43 PM
    You're right. They need to focus on providing Android Marshmallow to the 400,000 people with a Privvy instead
    I seriously doubt that the Priv has sold anything even close to 400k.

That said, they really do need to bring MM to the Priv, or they never will get to that sales number, and they need the money.

They don't need to bring a better browser to BB10 because BB10 is dead... and they already have your money!
    04-16-16 03:37 AM
    As much as I would appreciate an update to show some level of support of BB10 what's wrong with the browser? I use it in desktop mode on my Passport and haven't had any issues with web sites on it. It seems to work great?
    Still a good browser and it is not all bad. However you are seeing
    a) the "your browser is not supported" messages starting to show up while this is not happening on iOS or android devices.
    b) lag with some sites
    04-17-16 06:44 PM
    It is baffling to me that the browser updates require an OS update. I can't see any good reason that a browser is part of the OS and not a completely decoupled app like chrome is for Android.
    04-18-16 04:24 AM
    I seriously doubt that the Priv has sold anything even close to 400k.

That said, they really do need to bring MM to the Priv, or they never will get to that sales number, and they need the money.

They don't need to bring a better browser to BB10 because BB10 is dead... and they already have your money!
    If they are smart they will realize they need to update the Browser. The optics are important for potential clients. No support for the existing user base of BB10 customers, translates to new Android users later on.

And for the record, BB10 may be arguably on life support but "dead" is a bit premature. Let's not be exaggerating excessively.

Posted via CB10
    roleli likes this.
    04-18-16 06:56 AM
    If they are smart they will realize they need to update the Browser. The optics are important for potential clients. No support for the existing user base of BB10 customers, translates to new Android users later on.

And for the record, BB10 may be arguably on life support but "dead" is a bit premature. Let's not be exaggerating excessively.
    Nope. There are no optics here, or potential clients, or parallels with their Android phones.

Enterprise users of BB10 will have fully understood Chen's statements over the scope and timing of BB10 updates... and will understand that it's an EOL warning.

As to the Priv, and BB's Android phones, anyone who believes they have a bright future hasn't been paying attention to Chen's words, or the recent ER.

The Priv isn't selling - which is understandable. I'd be very hesitant before buying an expensive locked-down Android phone from a company whose CEO is openly speculating whether to exit hardware completely.

BB10 is dead - nobody outside of the CB bubble doubts that. BB Android will probably follow it into oblivion later this year.
    rusty502, Uzi and AllanQuatermain like this.
    04-18-16 08:37 AM
41 12