Hi, I'm new here and I recently got the regular Passport for testing. Then I sent it back and ordered the Passport SE
    Previously I had a lot of different Android phones and I stopped IOS after the iPhone 5S.
    Let be honest, I think the Passport is a unique and amazing phone. First his size is actually very useful. Then in term of software I do love the Hub (I'm surprise no other brand still didn't make the same), love the assistant you can get just by typing something and I found this keyboard the best keyboard I ever used. Especially when it comes to browse with the keyboard! This is so fun and convenient.
    But, and this not new, there is a huge lack in term of apps. And even with Snap or Google play, a lot of apps just doesn't works, because they are obviously made for Android.
    Since Blackberry started to selling the Priv on Android, and since I guess unfortunately BB10 is going to die (we just don't know how fast) it would be clever to let the choice to their existing customers between staying to an temporary updated BB10 or a total switch to an Android update for their existing Blackberry (at least the last models). That would seems fair and a nice way to make their customers switching to Android.
    So, I know I'm not the only one dreaming about that but is this sounds totally crazy or possible ?
    04-04-16 04:14 AM
    I don't think we will ever see Android on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 04:25 AM
    As a single operating system, no. There was a few images and videos how Passport can run android but there is just images and short videos about it. Thing is, BlackBerry 10 devices can EMULATE android. As nokia n9 and n900. And yes, they had their own os meego and maemo. But there was few crucial things that didn't work, like phone calls and camera...
    Honestly, I wish it never happened. Or better to say, I don't wish to see android on passport or any other BlackBerry 10 devices. I use that devices because their own OS.
    On the other hand, I wish it could emulate all android apps without limitation. If google can give us all theirs apis and sources to be compatible with our devices, it would be perfect.
    About Facebook app. Its not Chens or Googles fault. Its just it is as it is...

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 05:08 AM
    This has been discussed many times....
    04-05-16 04:50 PM
    Passport Anroid or a Android BlackBerry with a hardware keyboard is a must.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 05:27 AM
    .... That would seems fair and a nice way to make their customers switching to Android.
    So, I know I'm not the only one dreaming about that but is this sounds totally crazy or possible ?
    What's the point if Google Services still do not work? Passport already has ART it only misses Google Services to make all apps work. Even if you be able to install Android on your Passport apps still gonna work like on BB10 and still gonna demand Google Services, am I right? Until Google itself approve Passport and BB10 devices and finally start to share Google Services, there is no bright side with android apps who demands Google Services, IMHO, no?
    04-06-16 07:14 AM
    It this just a theory. I'm not developer so I can just has a theory. Since BB made their first Android phone with the Priv, since we all know they'll probably kill BB10. So it would be great to just offer a real and full update to Android (I mean updating and erasing the BB10 OS in the Passport to replace by Android). For others who doesn't want to switch, they would keep BB10 until they stop to support it.
    So but when I read the previous answers I guess this is just a dream...
    04-07-16 12:43 AM
    Guys, honestly, quit this "Android Runtime works just as well as android" crap... I've downloaded countless apps which just crash as soon as I open them, and some of them are actually important to my communication. Not just because they require google play services.

I love BBOS 10, on its own it's efficient and well-structured, but were I given the chance, I'd dump it for a well-working Android.

Kyle.
    07-02-16 08:24 AM
    I love BBOS 10, on its own it's efficient and well-structured, but were I given the chance, I'd dump it for a well-working Android.

Kyle.
    That is the catch. The minute you start installing apps, android starts to deviate from the description "well working". The more apps you install, the less well it works. That is because android is as much a data mining platform as a mobile OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 09:08 AM
    That is the catch. The minute you start installing apps, android starts to deviate from the description "well working". The more apps you install, the less well it works. That is because android is as much a data mining platform as a mobile OS.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's primarily data mining that slows ART down. It just can't handle many apps properly.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 02:45 PM
    I don't think it's primarily data mining that slows ART down. It just can't handle many apps properly.

Posted via CB10
    Just means BlackBerry needs to start fixing bugs or workarounds...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    07-03-16 04:51 AM
    Just means BlackBerry needs to start fixing bugs or workarounds...

Yes, they fixed it by releasing an Android phone lol. ART can not be updated now.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-03-16 07:27 AM
    Such is life...

07-03-16 01:29 PM
    Yeah, but developers for those apps are quick to come up with fixes as their crash reporting is quite effective and almost automatic. I've had very few android apps which were detrimental to my android phone, definitely nowhere near the high number of apps which didn't work on my passport.
    We've come to a situation where facebook isn't working (no proper bb version supported anymore and the android version is one of those apps which crashes before it starts as mentioned above), Viber does the same and whatsapp is on borrowed time until the end of this year.

At this point might as well stick a damn handle and crank the phone with a dynamo to make a call
    07-06-16 09:00 PM
    ^^ we had soup for dinner. I can wash a couple of cans if you bring the string!

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    07-06-16 10:23 PM