Hey!

I hope you can help me with my short problem:

I am trying to set up a new profile, which allows me to silent the whole phone apart from just one contact. I do not know how to do it - I only see the pre-configured profiles such as 'Silent', 'Bedside Mode', ... and in addition to that the option to 'set exceptions for contacts'. But as far as I understood these settings for contacts are getting applied to ALL profiles? So for example I could say Contact ABC should have another ringtone - and it will have this different ringtone irrespectively of the chosen profile, right?

But I just want to have, for example, the (standard) SILENT mode, which silence everything, then the (standard) NORMAL mode - and then CUSTOMIZED mode, which is exactly the same mode as the 'silent mode' except that one contact acts like it is in normal mode.

How can I do that? I am confused.

And: I have the latest BB OS 10 version using a Z30.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Bernt
    04-08-16 05:05 PM
    What you need and can do is set up an individual contact to ring through any setting. So in your case you could use the silent mode as your default mode and set your contact via Contact Notifications.

Once in Contact Notifications, select the + sign at the bottom of your screen to add the contact you want. Once that contact is selected you can customize settings for phone, text, etc.

In my case I have a setting for the emergency claim line from the office. If it calls, a specific ring tone is heard and it will ring regardless of my selected overall Notification (select Sound as ON vs. Off or Profile Setting). Thus when I have my Passport SE in its cradle and Bedside Mode activated, no other calls will ring through except calls from this contact will regardless. (note: this means it will also ring in a movie or meeting, even if you selected silent mode. You must turn your phone off during those times...especially movies).

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 07:43 PM
    An alert for a contact whose ringtone is set to "on" will sound even when the phone is on "Silent." My Q10 also has a "Do Not Disturb" profile, and ringtones for contacts whose alerts are set to "on" won't sound when the "Do Not Disturb" profile is set.
    04-08-16 08:31 PM
    Thank you!

Remrose, this is what I meant. This would be the closest I could get - but I was hoping to find 'a real solution'. Because in SILENT mode, everything has to be silent.

TheAuthority, why don't I have this profile? Or how did you do that? Because this is what I want: Just one profile that I can chose which silence just everything on the phone (the silent mode). And apart from that (in all other profiles), one contact should behave always 'loud/with a sound'.
    04-09-16 03:12 AM
    Thank you!

Remrose, this is what I meant. This would be the closest I could get - but I was hoping to find 'a real solution'. Because in SILENT mode, everything has to be silent.

TheAuthority, why don't I have this profile? Or how did you do that? Because this is what I want: Just one profile that I can chose which silence just everything on the phone (the silent mode). And apart from that (in all other profiles), one contact should behave always 'loud/with a sound'.
    Step 1: set up a special ringtone for the contact.
    Step 2: Go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see Contact Notifications. Tap on it.
    Step 3: on the next screen you will see all your contacts that have special ringtones. Tap the one you need.
    Step 4: on the next screen, tap Phone Calls. You will see the following

Create new 'Notification Profile' with customized contact-img_20160409_062129.png

Step 5: tap Sound, and change it from Profile Setting to On

Create new 'Notification Profile' with customized contact-img_20160409_062440.png

This will override the Silent profile for that contact only.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    04-09-16 05:26 AM
    Step 1: set up a special ringtone for the contact.
    Step 2: Go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down to the bottom of the page to see Contact Notifications. Tap on it.
    Step 3: on the next screen you will see all your contacts that have special ringtones. Tap the one you need.
    Step 4: on the next screen, tap Phone Calls. You will see the following

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160409_062129.png 
Views:	330 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	396578

Step 5: tap Sound, and change it from Profile Setting to On

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160409_062440.png 
Views:	331 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	396579

This will override the Silent profile for that contact only.

Thanks But again, the silent mode is not supposed to be overridden. All other modes yes, but the silent mode no! Because I want to have at least one mode that is truly silent!
    04-09-16 06:39 AM
    When in profile settings you have an "Add" button with a + sign.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 07:44 AM
    ... but this would just add another Profile - without any ability to 'make one contact special'.
    04-09-16 06:19 PM
    ... but this would just add another Profile - without any ability to 'make one contact special'.
    You can create an 'almost silent' profile that doesn't override your settings

04-10-16 11:23 AM
    TheeAuthority, why don't I have this profile? Or how did you do that? Because this is what I want: Just one profile that I can chose which silence just everything on the phone (the silent mode). And apart from that (in all other profiles), one contact should behave always 'loud/with a sound'.
    I think this "Do Not Disturb" profile is part of my os, maybe even from my carrier. I'm on Sprint's latest official os, and before I updated to it, I didn't have this profile. I had an "All Alerts Off" profile which wasn't really any different from "Silent" other than the LED didn't flash. Contact alerts still over-rode both Silent and All Alerts Off and sounded. Now, even contact alerts are silent when I'm using the "Do Not Disturb" profile, and I no longer have the "All Alerts Off" profile. This is obviously an improvement, because now I have one profile with which I can silence everything even contact alerts.

What I really miss is the real "Do Not Disturb" profile I had on an old BlackBerry 4.5 Curve. It sent all phone calls immediately to voicemail without even lighting up my screen, but that profile is long gone.
    04-10-16 06:25 PM